Sign in to follow this  
Jonjo

Ban Appeal - Jonjo

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-ska-bans-final-disposition

Why the verdict is not fair:

The verdict was fair on all accounts.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

As of November 28th, it has been exactly a year since the removal of SKA and its members, including myself. During this time, not only have I grown as an individual, but also as a roleplayer after being part of several other RP communities in various games. As a staff member of these communities, I have come to realize the difficulties in managing a group of players to create a cohesive environment where creativity can flourish. Therefore, as a member of DayzRP since May 2013, I would like to applaud all the current and previous staff members for continuing their good work despite whatever setbacks that have occurred. One such event was when SKA terrorized the server and a permabanned player was harbored. Looking back on it now, it was a foolish mistake that we all made, thinking that hiding Winslow could result in anything but disaster. I wanted to stay true to my friend but little did I know that it would cause more harm than good to the community and to ourselves. For all the trouble that we brought, I am deeply apologetic and could only ask for a chance to redeem myself.

Harboring a permabanned player is never acceptable and I have personally learned this the hard way. I humbly ask that the staff members of DayzRP give me a chance now to prove that I can be worthy of being part of this community that I have grown to love ever since I first started playing here. Whatever the decision may be, thank you for taking the time to read my appeal.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

Amnesty; 20 permanent warning points in place of my permanent ban

What could you have done better?:

There were many chances that I could have spoken up to the group when the idea first came up. I should have tried to dissuade them from proceeding with their plan of harboring Winslow and moreover, I should have reminded them of the consequences that will take place. If they still failed to heed my warnings, I should have approached a staff member with my concerns right away.

Verdict

Appeal Accepted.

Explanation

We have discussed this extensively in staff. While you did something that certainly justified your punishment we have decided that based on your behavior prior to your ban we will take the risk of giving you a second chance. You will be put on probation to prove our faith in you after which you will be permitted to return to the community.

Be well aware though, the server has gotten significantly stricter in regards to what we expect. Re - read the rules and prove to us you have a desire to role-play and we hope that we wont have to see your name in a ban appeal again.

Outcome

20 warning points for 3 months.