Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 18:27

Lower skin price to 5€

Guest anando

What should the price of a skin be?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Emerald

How will the clan skins work? Does the whole clan need to donate a amount or do each member have to buy it individualy or is it free for clans?

I think it's free and you can choose once you've reached 10 members.

*goes on a recruiting drive

EDIT: On topic, I think it should stay as it is. In an RP server you should keep your skin to identify yourself and show what kind of role you play. Therefore it is important and persistent. Keeping the cost high will encourage dedicating yourself to one role, while also bringing in some dough for the server.

Considering its an infinite amount of skins, €10 is nothing.

Although paying for skins, vehicles in the first place is not something I can really discuss as I don't agree in the pay2win aspect of this server.

Im not gonna write a WoT about this:

Simple : I think 10€ is too much for a skin, anyone agree?

Donation shop:

The donation shop is being changed - all vehicles have been removed for now, new skins were added. Donation shop will stay disabled until the release. Skin prices were doubled to prevent users from grabbing all possible skins as well as compensate for the lack of vehicles. Some basic vehicles will be added at a later date, when I finish the new vehicle routine that works with automated restarts.

They will be lowered once vehicles are added back in after the update, at least thats what I get from all this.

Even if people grabbed a bunch of skins at five dollars that's still more money for the server! The fact its doubled to prevent users for getting all the skins (so what its more money??) Doubled prices to compensate for no vehicles (wtf that does not make sense? What are you compensating? Seems to me your charging more money only because you didn't implement vehicles? Make it five again! You'll get more sales if you do! That's how good business works being cheap and charging more doesn't make good business.

Even if people grabbed a bunch of skins at five dollars that's still more money for the server! The fact its doubled to prevent users for getting all the skins (so what its more money??) Doubled prices to compensate for no vehicles (wtf that does not make sense? What are you compensating? Seems to me your charging more money only because you didn't implement vehicles? Make it five again! You'll get more sales if you do! That's how good business works being cheap and charging more doesn't make good business.

You cant even buy them right now, donation shop is disabled.

• MVP

6€ I think would be nice a compromise between 5€ & 7.5€

:no:

6,25€

:trolldance:

• MVP

Quite true that it has an unlimited amount of uses, that makes it worth amount. Besides why do you need to buy several skins? At the minute there is no need to buy skins, except to say you have one or to waste your money.

In the new update I would be curious to see if they have become redundant.

• Server Manager

This is not an item store - you donate out of your own will to help the server and me and as a thank you you get to chose a skin based on how much you donated. There are still 5€ skins available if you are interested and more skins with both prices will be added over time, we may add 7.5€ skins as well, but that makes it difficult to donate for as you only can donate whole euros.

It is not a requirement nor do you gain any benefit ingame besides camouflage, it only grants an aesthetic factor that also may improve your role playing. I don't want players to pick 10 skins and keep changing them all the time, it breaks the immersion.

The Clan Skin System is not finalized, more information on how it will work will be released in the coming days.

Guest Investorinski

This is not an item store - you donate out of your own will to help the server and me and as a thank you you get to chose a skin based on how much you donated. There are still 5€ skins available if you are interested and more skins with both prices will be added over time, we may add 7.5€ skins as well, but that makes it difficult to donate for as you only can donate whole euros.

It is not a requirement nor do you gain any benefit ingame besides camouflage, it only grants an aesthetic factor that also may improve your role playing. I don't want players to pick 10 skins and keep changing them all the time, it breaks the immersion.

The Clan Skin System is not finalized, more information on how it will work will be released in the coming days.

Sorry Rolle, but I disagree. This is a question of definitions, and how you frame it. You are currently framing it as a donation-shop / donations. Yet you provide a virtual product for the money "donated". It is actually not a donation from my point of view, especially not since it seems quite profitable (you capitalist pig, lol). ;)

For example I can "buy" a gift voucher at H&M if I want.. which gives me the right to collect some clothes for the same amount later on. It is not a donation transaction if I later on can collect a product/service for it.