Server time: 2017-08-18, 22:17

Sign in to follow this  
Grihm

Imprisonment system

Grihm    16

The imprisonment system would be benefitial to any settlement that has

1: A playerforce big enough to control it.

2: A prison cell / Policestation.

The system works as this.

Any settlement big enough and with the previously mentioned requirements can at will arrest anyone visiting the settlement that is in some way disturbing the peace of the settlement, or by any way possible breaking the rules of said place.

The captive will be taken into custody and brought to the prisoncell. There the player will be interogated and questioned about the accusations.

Each settlement can by their own laws and regulations decide the outcome ( Within reason ) and place the accused in jail for a given amount of time. During this imprisonment, the player is temprary locked out from the server.

The time can be anything from a few hours to several days or weeks. It works in a way as the forums ban does, but this also stretches into the game where people think they are safe to act as they wish.

What will this accieve?

This is a very reasoneble IC or In game way to roleplay out a solution rather than having to only focus on an out of the game report on the forums. The settlement can now take charge of their own survival and safety and the accused will be dealt with on the spot rather than several days later where he or she might have been further involved in other reports as well.

Why is this better?

It will enforce more ingame solutions and make people consider the outcome of actions taken upon settlements or groups before they are carried out. To shoot on a settlement, run around trolling or break in to peoples houses or tents to steal items is now mostly looked upon with a ”meh”. There are no possible ingame ways to secure either a house or an item because of the mechanics. Thus, mechanics as this ensures a more fair ground for all.

Actions and consequences.

But this will be used for trolling others and not do any good.

No it cannot, becuase the final say of the verdict will still be in the hands of Staff. People can try to troll, but you have recordings and the general rules to follow as a guidance. Attempts to use the system to harass or troll innicents is a reporteble offense in its own.

This is just because you cannot handle being robbed. Get better and dont get robbed etc.

No this is to add a line of even play to the game since the system of the game core mechanics is not fair by default. To many of these examples have been popping up to just ignore it any longer.

1: Player A is sent away from a settlement for causing trouble. The settlement has in its full right to do so for the protection of all.

5 min later, shots are taken upon the settlement.

2: A group is causing trouble and ends up either arrested for 10 min or chased out.

5 min later, shots are taken upon the settlement.

3:A player is trolling the settlement and asked several times IC to shape up and stop it. After several attempts, the player is arrested and questioned in rp. No response to being in a jailcell part from profanity and trolling or such and is finally released.

Soon after the player leaves, breakins are reported in player houses or another shooting appears.

4: A player trolls or missbehaves and is sent away.

Within an hour or so the player returns in a new outfit and masks his/her voice and trolls on.

The list goes on.

People dont give a damn about settlements the second they are not in control or are let to do as they wish. To say to some players that ” In here, this is the law ” is very often responded to with a disgust or mockery. Still, these players seem to think they have the right to troll and make a mockery of this settlemets rules just because ”they” dont like it.

Enough is enough.

Visit any settlement you wish, but follow the rules.

If you break the rules, you are sentanced by that settlement.

If you dont want to do the time, dont do the crime.

Last but not least, it is up to the criminals etc to go where they wish, when they wish. You can still visit other settlements that has no police force or jails, or you can visit those that has them and act accordingly, or do time.

During this imprisonment, the player is temprary locked out from the server.

No way.

I like how people take prisoners now. This is not how it should work and takes the RP completely away.

Big -1 from me.

Grihm    16

No way.

I like how people take prisoners now. This is not how it should work and takes the RP completely away.

Big -1 from me.

So what. Ingame there only should exist 5 min penalty timeouts or? You dont see any situation you could be locked up for a few days?

No way.

Big -1 from me.

So what. Ingame there only should exist 5 min penalty timeouts or? You dont see any situation you could be locked up for a few days?

What you're suggesting is giving ANYONE the power to ban another player for as long as they like? It would be extremely abusive. RP is to be enjoyed, not to be locked up and taken away from being able to play again because you picked up somebody else's shoes.

If people want to keep someone as a prisoner then they should have to RP with them, not chuck them in the cell and forget about them.

Grihm    16

No way.

Big -1 from me.

What you're suggesting is giving ANYONE the power to ban another player for as long as they like? Just read what you wrote, it would be extremely abusive. RP is to be enjoyed, not to be locked up and taken away from being able to play again because you picked up somebody else's shoes.

If people want to keep someone as a prisoner then they should have to RP with them, not chuck them in the cell and forget about them.

1: You need a policeforce. This goes without saying that it needs to be aproved.

2: You need a jailhouse.

3: You need a settlement that has a said list of rules.

Your comment on getting rp while in jail is a bit of a tricky one. IF interrogated then i can see others rp with you. If you are sentanced to 2 days as an example, then what?

No way.

Big -1 from me.

What you're suggesting is giving ANYONE the power to ban another player for as long as they like? Just read what you wrote, it would be extremely abusive. RP is to be enjoyed, not to be locked up and taken away from being able to play again because you picked up somebody else's shoes.

But this will be used for trolling others and not do any good.

No it cannot, becuase the final say of the verdict will still be in the hands of Staff. People can try to troll, but you have recordings and the general rules to follow as a guidance. Attempts to use the system to harass or troll innicents is a reporteble offense in its own.

1: You need a policeforce. This goes without saying that it needs to be aproved.

Your comment on getting rp while in jail is a bit of a tricky one. If interrogated then i can see others rp with you. If you are sentanced to 2 days as an example, then what?

Your comment on getting rp while in jail is a bit of a tricky one. IF interrogated then i can see others rp with you. If you are sentanced to 2 days as an example, then what?

1) Any group of players can become a force

2) There's plenty across the map

3) Currently settlements on SA are just towns

From what you suggested if someone sentences you to 2 days then you're denied access for two whole days, that's not enjoyable at all. RP shouldn't be about all of these rules and playing by all these different rules. Yes, rules are good to keep things in line but there shouldn't be anything like this.

Take a look at the NFC police, they're doing an alright job taking prisoners and such. They've definitely developed over the past week or so and are improving their RP with prisoners. If they were just to "ban" everyone who got caught then a lot of people, many being great RP'ers, would be put off the game.

To me it just seems like a system that is way too complicated and something that would just be too hard to keep on top of.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Thats not really a good system.

The point of SA right now is to limit the amount of Ruleplay > Roleplay.

Adding this would just add stupid, overcomplicated rules when it can just be done IC.

Also a temp ban from the server for a few days because a few guys think he stole a banana from a house? Thats just stupid.

Also a temp ban from the server for a few days because a few guys think he stole a banana from a house? Thats just stupid.

That's signature material right there

Grihm    16

From what you suggested if someone sentences you to 2 days then you're denied access for two whole days, that's not enjoyable at all. RP shouldn't be about all of these rules and playing by all these different rules. Yes, rules are good to keep things in line but there shouldn't be anything like this.

Take a look at the NFC police, they're doing an alright job taking prisoners and such. They've definitely developed over the past week or so and are improving their RP with prisoners. If they were just to "ban" everyone who got caught then a lot of people, many being great RP'ers, would be put off the game.

I know how they work very well thank you, and from seeing first handed how prisoners act. You want an rp session when in jail, that´s fine. When however does the actual jailtime commence and when does the timeout end?

I you are cought shooting at the settlement, is that worth 10 min jailtime or a few days in your book? For me, that is locked up for at least 2 days to have you think what you done. You dont need to exadurate and say ppl will lock you up for stealing shoes. You know as well as i do that this is no valid claim.

2 days for an assault on the settlemnt however is.

Might actually be one of the worst ideas I've ever seen in this community.

I think Hatch explained it rather well.

Grihm    16

Thats not really a good system.

The point of SA right now is to limit the amount of Ruleplay > Roleplay.

Adding this would just add stupid, overcomplicated rules when it can just be done IC.

Feel free to add constructive points, but i am asking you only once to stop making false examples to redicule the idea. Read my post, answer on the posted information if you wish, or dont answer at all thank you.

I know how they work very well thank you, and from seeing first handed how prisoners act. You want an rp session when in jail, that´s fine. When however does the actual jailtime commence and when does the timeout end?

I you are cought shooting at the settlement, is that worth 10 min jailtime or a few days in your book? For me, that is locked up for at least 2 days to have you think what you done. You dont need to exadurate and say ppl will lock you up for stealing shoes. You know as well as i do that this is no valid claim.

I can see where you're coming from but you're overthinking it. You want it to be super realistic and have prisoners have realistic jail time; however, this is a game and things like that can't happen unless the players stay on 24/7. Banning people from a server to server jail time isn't that realistic when you think about it.

Grihm    16

I can see where you're coming from but you're overthinking it. You want it to be super realistic and have prisoners have realistic jail time; however, this is a game and things like that can't happen unless the players stay on 24/7. Banning people from a server to server jail time isn't that realistic when you think about it.

I have another perspective since i have seen many rp reacitions towards the policeforce and when players are accused with rock solid ingame events. People think they can do as they please and that the game is more fun in that way.

It is however not always so. People always say we should solve more disputes ingame, and this is one way. If one is so fearful of doing a few hours time, then one can always not do the act that might earn you jailtime.

I have another perspective since i have seen many rp reacitions towards the policeforce and when players are accused with rock solid ingame events. People think they can do as they please and that the game is more fun in that way.

It is however not always so. People always say we should solve more disputes ingame, and this is one way. If one is so fearful of doing a few hours time, then one can always not do the act that might earn you jailtime.

What you just said contradicts your suggestion. Banning people from the game OOCly isn't solving disputes IG.

Grihm    16

Hatch please. You know what i mean so please can we stop pointing towards any and all minor detail. You know as well as everyone else that any form of player interaction that reduces or hinders gametime is done by staff. Unnecesary to keep that up so lets focus on the point instead please.

Hatch please. You know what i mean so please can we stop pointing towards any and all minor detail. You know as well as everyone else that any form of player interaction that reduces or hinders gametime is done by staff. Unnecesary to keep that up so lets focus on the point instead please.

I am focusing on the point, what you suggested is "banning" people from IG. How do you expect that I won't pick up on that point? I will point towards minor details because this is a suggestion and thats what people do when they think something is not the right way of going towards it.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

>abuse, corrupt police

>arrest everyone for minor inflictions

>steal a banana

>banned from server for a week

no thanks

Grihm    16

I am focusing on the point, what you suggested is "banning" people from IG. How do you expect that I won't pick up on that point? I will point towards minor details because this is a suggestion and thats what people do when they think something is not the right way of going towards it.

Would you rather sit in a cell for your jailtime instead? If so then i guess that can be an option.

As it is now, there exists no "jailtime" at all, but i fail to see how this can be anything in regards to the amount of trolling and re made crimes that are ingame now. What makes it so much worse that a player does time when so many are forced to endure the results of those that does these deeds?

My opinion, no, I do not believe people should be given IG power to ban people from the game. There is a reason that GMs/Admins handle reports and bans.

I see this as a highly abusive suggestion and further reports being made in the future if it were implemented. It also makes the playing field very unbalanced, which is not something we are looking to do in SA as well as further rule complications we do not need. Giving some people who want to play a 'force' power to imprison people and temp ban them, no.

If you cannot provide decent RP for a reasonable amount of 'jail time' you give your prisoner maybe you shouldn't be doing it and honestly jail time isn't going to be solving the issues you want it to and should be used to serve RP purposes not to ban people and such. You want to do something about trolls and such, record it, get names and report.

Jamma    4

>abuse, corrupt police

>arrest everyone for minor inflictions

>steal a banana

>banned from server for a week

no thanks

he's cracked the code boys

Grihm    16

My opinion, no, I do not believe people should be given IG power to ban people from the game. There is a reason that GMs/Admins handle reports and bans.

I see this as a highly abusive suggestion and further reports being made in the future if it were implemented. It also makes the playing field very unbalanced, which is not something we are looking to do in SA as well as further rule complications we do not need. Giving some people who want to play a 'force' power to imprison people and temp ban them, no.

If you cannot provide decent RP for a reasonable amount of 'jail time' you give your prisoner maybe you shouldn't be doing it and honestly jail time isn't going to be solving the issues you want it to and should be used to serve RP purposes not to ban people and such. You want to do something about trolls and such, record it, get names and report.

It always comes down to that again and again. If you cannot give the others a reasoneble rp, then dont. It´s time the other side steps down or shapes up as well. No need to pity those that dont care.

Guest kipaja2   
Guest kipaja2

-1 to me, you can't really officially claim a town / settlement and after the apocalypse people wont be following their everyday routines. If this would happen ( being removed from the server because you have a "jail sentence") it will definitely ruin my in game experience and make me do a suicide attack rather than a attack with value for life.

Burgz    6

another thread trying to get rid of bandits.

No thanks and this too:

Might actually be one of the worst ideas I've ever seen in this community.

I don't know what else to say about it, sorry for being blunt.

Would it not be much better RP to simply lock them in the jail cell of the prison without any items, a person could be left as a prison guard to watch over them and to stop escape attempts. This would lead to the possibility of the locked up person being broken out by his friend or negotiations for their release, I feel this would be a much better method as it means the person can still be present and RP with prison guards or visitors and does not give people the power to ban others from the server which would be seriously abused.