Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 20:23

no flaming. friendly discussion amongst RPers

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-invalid-kos-outside-of-elektro

i was looking at this and was thinking about it. the verdict came to legit kill. That's a fair verdict.

now with the new rules coming and etc etc this kind of falls into what we are about to be indulged in.

In this report only 1 word was spoken from the "hostile" party.

"Hell"

the victim Says he RPed frightened and asked them to elaborate. They remained silent. fair enough...

what kind of sucks for this RPer is the "hostile" party didnt even try to RP. It was premeditated that they would kill the guy, you'd think the guys about to kill him would do some kind of actions.

Idk do you think saying "hell" is enough RP? i personally think its way to little.

Reading actions that are used with *'s really brings immersion. and with the OOC law, if someone types and you see their name. you cant be like I KNOW YOUR NAME NOW LOLOLOLOLOL.

My question to you. the Roleplayer. Do you believe that was enough RP to constitute a kill? or Do you feel it was not enough RP?

The guy even said he RPed fear, so they could not of seem him as a threat. (unless he roleplayed a shooting the driver and passenger, but thats a whole other ballpark.)

Discuss

To be fair, I thought the Gamemasters verdict on this one was shocking.

Moreso, as stated, on behalf of the complete lack of communication from the hostile party. Okay so the guy made a mistake getting in a random car, but he was being chased by zombies. The car had stopped and honked its horn. It was a safe getaway for him, or atleast thats what he, and most others would presume.

For him to continue roleplaying, and only receive "hell" as a response is rather poor roleplay. Not that I expect stellar roleplay from some of the players in this community, but for the Gamemasters to think this is a legitimate way to go about things and warrant the kill as legal is an utter joke and complete disregard for this servers roleplaying standards.

The rule that says they are allowed to kill him to defend their vehicle implies that the vehicle is in danger of being destroyed or stolen. He was just sitting in the backseat.

Besides the fact that I don't find the verdict fair, there was definitely not enough RP involved, but that's not breaking any sort of a rule. Still, as a general unspoken rule, if the victim is RPing the situation the driver should play it up a little more than that.

Besides the fact that I don't find the verdict fair, there was definitely not enough RP involved, but that's not breaking any sort of a rule. Still, as a general unspoken rule, if the victim is RPing the situation the driver should play it up a little more than that.

Well with the new mod, comes a new set of rules which I believe will enforce roleplay. Hopefully situations like this can be avoided in the future.

I do not want to turn this into a report discussion, more of a Roleplay discussion if i can please make that clear.

the new rules will be implemented to hopefully enforce the kind of play we are discussing.

I was think maybe the hostile party could of been like *grin stretch across his smile pondering laughing to himself* that type of deal

the only reason i could see it as hostile is if the supposed "intruder" did something questionable, i mean if the "hostile" party was on a 3rd party comm, the shouldnt of honked in the first place. i mean unless they have trust issues with each other lol

if i saw a dude in a car blasting his horn, id think it was to help not murder. but some people are crazy. hence him saying "hell" but still very light on the RP :(

I do not want to turn this into a report discussion, more of a Roleplay discussion if i can please make that clear.

I was think maybe the hostile party could of been like *grin stretch across his smile pondering laughing to himself* that type of deal

This main issue is, ARMA2 isn't built as a roleplay friendly engine. Emoting is difficult due to the fast paced way of the game. Plus I don't expect players to roleplay every action and reaction thoroughly in game. Not to mention, most feel awkward roleplaying over microphone.

But to use some common sense, act like a person would in that situation and avoid any meta/powergaming is a good enough standard for us all.

• Emerald

needs more RP thay could had simply just told the guy of or started rp with the guy jumping in the car but hey its sds... i agree there is to much lack of RP from bandit clans. earlier this day i got robbed by a polish guy and he told me to drop my stuff i asked him nicly if i could keep my backpack cause it only had bloodbags in it and he said yes demanding just 1 bloodbag then i ran away. so yes thats the first robber i seen RP in a long while. not just drop your shit and run.

• Emerald

@Michael Westen: Grammar.

And spelling.

I think this is far too little roleplay. It would make it too easy for a person to go on killing sprees with minimal effort. I think insanity can spice RP up to a certain degree, by adding certain compulsions or tics to your character's behavior. But using insanity as a sole drive to allow for murder is a very lame excuse for roleplay.

Some would argue that insane characters are the most interesting to roleplay or interact with. I agree. I get chills from watching Heath Ledger's Joker. But that kind of crazy is comprehensible, developed, and contributes to a good conflict. If people achieve that sort of insanity, the kind that has an irrational goal, I would approve. After all, if the Joker just killed the Batman the movie wouldn't be very good..... Or long.

Just some ways to have insane roleplaying:

-After being disarmed by the S-GRU, a survivor collects all the civilian weaponry he can find to find favor in this lone source of order, and force the S-GRU to kill all survivors who have to resort to military grade weapons. He thinks the other survivors are agents of chaos, and that they must be killed by the only order he has encountered.

-A survivor believes that the Injected are using their drug ring as a means to develop a super zombie that's hyped up on drugs. He goes into Injected territory to kill all the zombies to stop the experiment.

-A survivor does all that he can to stop any efforts towards a cure, thinking that this apocalypse is a way for his wife to come back to life to see him, because his wife was into alchemy and the supernatural while she was alive, and he believes that she was a powerful witch.

Well, i agree but in this scenario we were scared aswell. Zombies hitting the car, me bleeding and not knowing if the Guy in the car was friendly or not. I even panicked a bit to swap drivers so i could bandage safely without the car being taken(ive seen this happen) so someone within ts said we could shoot him.

We should have rpd it out more, And with the new rules and hopefully we can use voicecomm a bit more to rp with. The current zombie aggro makes it hard to rp and talk as it is now.

Guest nidpancho

@nArp, I have been playing recklessly and just for fun for a while until the new settings come out. So I wasn't particularly upset that you killed me. I just wish you did it in an interesting way, in other words: roleplayed it.

yeah, i understand that. we always used to use voice comm overactive during robberys and what not. thats what my point was, it's hard to stop and type in a panic situation or to aggro even more zombies that can hit you trough your car.