Server time: 2017-10-20, 20:01
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
GriefSlicer

No loot to survive in the servers

GriefSlicer    1

Today I realized that instead of actually having fun a lot of the time in DayZRP I have been searching town after town finding literally no loot. Restart strikes so I get excited, but buildings still fail to spawn any loot inside of them due to persistence. The three times I have died were from starvation or dehydration seeing that there is no way I can get these resources. Is there any tips you guys have to help me survive in these servers that just have next to no loot, because of the constant player activity?. I have tried hunting and etc, but finding the tools for it is still also a complete hardship.

Though, once the drinking fountain issue is solved I should be good for hydration, but that still leaves me with the food issue.

Beast7Gamer    0

There have been many threads on this topic but anyway. Try to stay away from the large cities as they have been picked clean and go up north. Go to the small village people usually ignore and look carefully(you might miss stuff).

Also you've probably seen lots of junk just laying around--pick it up because when you do another item spawns on the map automatically(as I've heard) in a way to replace it. So overall just go inland and look in the small villages and try to do some farming and try picking for apples and fishing it helps a lot and it is very easy.

GriefSlicer    1

I think both of you guys actually have 2 great points that will help me survive. I think the smartest thing to do is to spawn and find a back pack. After that I will run inland and find a medium size town that I can cycle in preparation of restart. I will pick up as much books as possible and throw them on the streets outside. I hope in the 0.51 stable patch they release a fix for this issue, because I don't enjoy replacing role playing time with looting time.

EDIT: Looks as if the 24th of November stand up notes for the game mention "Loot distribution redesign/improvements" and "Loot defines for new centralized loot spawning". God does this make me a lot happier...

Gina    26

Also "easy" way to survive from the worse part is to find an apple tree and get apples. Those will keep your hunger and thirst away for a while :)

Caesar    438

Also "easy" way to survive from the worse part is to find an apple tree and get apples. Those will keep your hunger and thirst away for a while :)

Amen, search those until your hunger/thirst is good enough to branch out. This means no hunger/thirsty warning at a minimum. It takes time but it is guaranteed.

Also travel to less populated places as that is where the loot tends to spawn.

I seem to have better luck with Kamenka and surrounding areas so I would recommend roaming around there. Also, apple trees seem to give some decent food and wells seem to be abundant enough.

Nicholas    0

As other's have said Try heading to less-traveled cities. Maybe even stop by a player-run settlement, they could probably hook you up with a decent amount of food and clothes.

Tiddles    0

I found something

020A7B1B6BE12232D53674AAA455FB248A225119

and

3393BD8D56B34C5FFF4C0099C4D76521E84CAED1

not to mention

0076C8F80B10B7DE859CB885EBD25DCAA05A549A

Rampage    0

Its honestly not that difficult to survive. Sure it is challenging, but you need to stick to towns that are close by a water source and are less populated. Find a basic weapon, hunt for food and drink from ponds.

GriefSlicer    1

I think I have just disregarded the change in loot, because I have been playing standalone since release. It is time for me to adapt and become more pro-active to thirst and hunger seeing I only usually panic once my thirst and hunger does dark orange. Cheers for the help guys :D

ive had this trouble also and i dont think it is caused by people picking it up because ive gone to electro and everything is gone even the stuff nobody wants

I was thinking the same thing as you were but then someone showed me the north, basically some towns where people pick up and drop stuff/ switch them out for other things gets the persistence bugged, so basically you can find loot-explosions in some buildings. Not sure how it works but after that your settled for life.

And my theory that that doesn't happen on the coast is because people mostly never swap ot out but take everything and that is why it is so scarce.

Find berries, as well, but don't eat the blue ones haha, had to find out myself if they were eatable… they weren't xD

Oh and also tomato seeds, garden lime and a farming hoe + greenhouse can get you settled as well i believe, not sure if they give you thirst back though.

Nihoolious    1248

Somehow the clans manage to get over 40 pairs of the same uniforms and AK's!

That's what happens when you sit in a police station that spawns stupid amounts of loot all day every day

Lateboy    0

Today I realized that instead of actually having fun a lot of the time in DayZRP I have been searching town after town finding literally no loot. Restart strikes so I get excited, but buildings still fail to spawn any loot inside of them due to persistence. The three times I have died were from starvation or dehydration seeing that there is no way I can get these resources. Is there any tips you guys have to help me survive in these servers that just have next to no loot, because of the constant player activity?. I have tried hunting and etc, but finding the tools for it is still also a complete hardship.

Though, once the drinking fountain issue is solved I should be good for hydration, but that still leaves me with the food issue.

I'm pretty sure this problem is seen on the stable, regular servers too!