Server time (UTC): 2021-10-20 07:22

KoS Clan/teammate exception rules

I think some exceptions or clarifications should be added to the rules regarding teammate and clan interactions, such as being sniper cover and killing a survivor whom you've not personally made contact with but your bandit teammate has.

Currently the rules clearly state that you personally have to make contact before shooting someone, but that would basically render all sniper cover illegal.

Two weeks ago or so I had an incident with S.D.S where I got sniped by someone other than the person who tried to rob me. RP-wise they did nothing wrong and they did an awesome robbery (only sucks that the outcome was my death hehe) BUT I was naive enough to think that this situation could not occur. If I knew I could get sniped by someone else I would have acted differently in the situation, but I acted by the written rules.

So to avoid these nasty surprises there should be an exception rule about making contact, or that a clan is treated as one entity as long as the person making contact lists the other players involved in the situation. I dunno, something like that:)

• MVP

Rules were written using term 'You'. This term can be used towards one person and a whole group. And such interpretation was used ever since the rules were created.If you look back at reports history you could see that initiating a hostile action upon one person from group is in fact initiation on whole group ( thats natural and common sense).

To describe it more accurately lets discuss following scenario:

- Group A consisting of members K,L,M

- Group B consisting of members X,Y,Z

Player X initiates a hostile action on player K.

Player K instantly gains KoS rights on player X and players Y,Z as long as they are involved in hostile action/pose threat at the scene.

Players L,M can also instantly gain KoS rights on whole group B with restrictions written before, plus they must witness/must be close to their fellow member K. Group B doesnt have KoS rights as long player K complies, and players L,M don't pose threat/comply to demands.

If Group A dont comply then whole Group B gain KoS rights.Mayhem can occur and then it's up to all involved to ID targets and so on.

Initiating on a group is like initiating on one entity.Same goes with responsibility for actions, if whole group complies to robbers but one doesnt - whole group could be executed, its free robbers choice from that point to decide about victims fate.

Only restriction is distance,witnessing the event, you cant initiate on group member K in elektro, and have a friend to kill other group member L in cherno because the K dude didnt comply. The same goes for KoS rights, L dude doesnt get KoS rights because K friend is being robbed. For L to take part in event he must make contact first.

Did I clear up the situation for you ? Or did I derail the topic ? :)

Rules were written using term 'You'. This term can be used towards one person and a whole group.

This is the part where it immediately opens up for personal interpretation, where there's an incorrect and a correct way of interpreting it. What I mean is that maybe there should be an asterisk explaining what the term 'you' actually refers to.

I'm fine with how the rules apply, as you described, I just think it should be more clear who they apply to i.e the "one entity" thingy:)

Rules were written using term 'You'. This term can be used towards one person and a whole group.

This is the part where it immediately opens up for personal interpretation, where there's an incorrect and a correct way of interpreting it. What I mean is that maybe there should be an asterisk explaining what the term 'you' actually refers to.

I'm fine with how the rules apply, as you described, I just think it should be more clear who they apply to i.e the "one entity" thingy:)

A) There will be simpler rules implemented soon

B) If everything would be explained, it would just end up being pages of rules, which would make it boring to read.

Some people aim to take advantage of a rule; such as purposefully having sniper cover for the sole purpose of killing someone at range, once a member of their group initiates an individual, as soon as any form of movement or perceived 'non-compliance' occurs.

Generally the situation (involving sniper cover) is that you're likely going to get shot. And there's nothing you can do about it.