Server time: 2017-10-19, 23:43
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
MattG13

Effective Character?

MattG13    3

So, I've recently re-joined the community after a long break, exams etc. and I'm really enjoying the Standalone server. I'm currently RPing my old character John Harris because he was basically me, but with a slightly different past. The only reason for this is because he is easy to roleplay and I don't want to take anything too difficult on right now, out of practice basically.

However I would like to make a more interesting character. I have read some blogs and posts on the internet and they all say similar things but I was wondering if anyone here in the RP community could give me any pointers on making a believable and fun character to RP with.

Thanks guys!

Sin    127

Have flaws. Perfect people are boring.

I find it can help to create a character that is unlike yourself. It can free you up to do things you wouldn't otherwise consider. It's an idea to play with anyway.

MattG13    3

Have flaws. Perfect people are boring.

I find it can help to create a character that is unlike yourself. It can free you up to do things you wouldn't otherwise consider. It's an idea to play with anyway.

Thanks, that's useful advice. :)

I have played Altis Life and Arma 3 life quite bunch. First thing I do if I want to "change" character is think of a back story. When you have background it is easy to go with it. Also include something fun or a goal for you character by the time you have reached the goal you should know how you character is, you basically become your character.

MattG13    3

I have played Altis Life and Arma 3 life quite bunch. First thing I do if I want to "change" character is think of a back story. When you have background it is easy to go with it. Also include something fun or a goal for you character by the time you have reached the goal you should know how you character is, you basically become your character.

Thanks for the idea!