Server time: 2017-08-19, 05:45

Sign in to follow this  
Flyboy

Whitelist rejected - KoS explanation

Question

Flyboy    1

Hey guys,

I decided I asked the community for some feedback on my application since it got rejected the first time for missing Key details on KoS!

Here is what I wrote now.. is this any good? I can re-apply in 2.5 hours.

KoS means Kill on Sight. This is something that is strictly forbidden in DayZRP. There must a good reason to kill another player otherwise you, the person that initiated the hostile role play, must make sure your victim is staying in good health.

If you made contact with a possible victim this person must have ackknowledged and responded to your message. Before this happened you are not allowed to become hostile on the person. Once RP is initiated you are allowed to initiate hostile action toward your victim. Rules for this is that you need to make sure your intentions, demands and the consequences are being told to your victim(s). And these victim(s) can only be excecuted if they don't comply with your requests or orders. And as long as you dont break any other rules you are allowed to take revenge within 2 hours of the hostile action.

You are allowed to hurt people but you have to make sure that they still survive if they have complied with every request you have. There should be no reason that your captives should die while they are in your hands. That means defending them, giving them drinks and food and attending to any medical problems.

Bad examples: If you are being captured by bandits while roaming alone and you tell your friends where you are being taken, your friends can not sneak in and take them out without initiating contact. This will result in a banstrike and reset. Baiting is also not allowed.

6 answers to this question

Owen    13

I personally would create a hypothetical situation to say how you gain KoS and people gain KoS on you. I would also go into baiting a bit as well with examples.

I would beef up what is baiting, how do you lose KoS rights, possibly add more examples for different scenarios

Flyboy    1

Thanks for the suggestions :) I'll add some more stuff and remove different stuff :)

The more the better, also look around, there are others who have asked about theirs we gave tips too ;)

I will solve for now, but left open

Flyboy    1

I'll just leave this here for anybody who wants to comment on this. It's my revised (and much longer) explanation :) Hopefully you guys think it's good enough.. I'll submit later tonight.

KoS means Kill on Sight, an action taken towards a player where the victim is being killed without any warning or role-play activity. For example: Sitting on a hill with a sniper rifle and picking off people left, right and centre.

You can gain but also lose your right to kill a person with the proper action taken. In DayZRP you should always try to make contact to the person you are approaching and this person must also acknowledge and understand this contact. If you have hostile acts towards this person you must let him know what your intentions are. This includes telling them that he is being held against his will (probably), your plan with them, your demands or requests and he have to acknowledge these actions. If the victim(s) that you are holding up deny some of all of your requests, for example running away, not performing an action like dropping his gun or hostile action towards you, then you are allowed to harm or kill the victim(s).

For example you want to hold somebody up that has that particular scope for your gun, you hold him up and he complies with every request you make except dropping the scope. After asking a couple time he still refuses. You are now allowed to harm him because he did not do what you asked from him.

You can also lose the rights for killing your victim(s). For example if the same guy from above did comply and dropped the scope for you, along with the rest your demands. You would have no reason to hurt or kill this person or his friends.

There is one more important thing that you have be aware when holding someone captive. As soon as you have captured your victim(s) you are the one responsible for their safety. This means that you have to keep him in good health, fed and hydrated. Example: You have a guy on his knees, handcuffed and without any gear, in the middle of the streets because you needed something from him and hear a zombie approaching you have to make sure that zombie doesn’t eat his brains out. Or if the hostage asks for water because he is dehydrated you should make sure he gets at least a sip of water.

You cannot use yourself or a member of your team as bait to gain kill on sight rights. This means that for example you go towards a person or a group wearing almost nothing and taunt them into a hostile action towards you and then gain the right to shoot them from a distance. This would be easy kills and unfair advantage. Though it is allowed to have one person, which is slightly less geared, scout ahead and engaging the first contact to the group you are shadowing.

We’ve talked a lot from the person who is taking the hostages but what can you do if you are the one being taken captive? If you comply and survive, or survive in any other method, you are allowed to take revenge on the person or group that has imitated the first hostile action towards you. Though you have a limited time in where you can do this. This time is two (2) hours after you have been released and it cannot be breaking any of the other (mostly NLR) rule. Under all curcimstances you must also consider the NVFL rule. If you the odds are very much against you in this situation don’t risk it and play it safe!