Server time: 2017-10-24, 11:37
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
TChambers1

Whitelisting Rejected

TChambers1    0

I got rejected because my explanations on KoS and NLR were missing key details. I got very descriptive and even laid out scenarios. It tells you not to copy it word for word so i put it in my own words and after all that typing they deny it. There's kids who are whitelisted and they probably can't even spell. I double checked everything i wrote to make sure it was good and it was still denied… come on, man. I guess i'll just have to try again at a later date.

anyone else get a dumb reason for rejection?

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Examples

more examples

admins love examples

GriefSlicer    1

I got rejected because my explanations on KoS and NLR were missing key details. I got very descriptive and even laid out scenarios. It tells you not to copy it word for word so i put it in my own words and after all that typing they deny it. There's kids who are whitelisted and they probably can't even spell. I double checked everything i wrote to make sure it was good and it was still denied… come on, man. I guess i'll just have to try again at a later date.

anyone else get a dumb reason for rejection?

I failed my first application, because I did not provide any examples at all. In the end I wrote up to 1700 words with an example for both rules that gives a simple, but direct example.

The admins need examples seeing that just because you know the rules doesn't mean you know what situation it is applied in. Giving off examples ensures that they know that you know when to use it in game.

Conor    254

Details. Include details. Lots of details.

If you want, PM me the material for which you were denied and I can have a look at it.

Rampage    0

I just rechecked your application and what you wrote for NLR was very vague. You missed on three key areas that is stated in our mod rules.

For KOS you were also extremely vauge. You provided little to no detail at all and missed several area about our kos rules.

So the reason you were denied is because you really didn't explain anything. You said kos is bad, well yes we understand that. You also said you have to make contact before you kill someone. That's not true at all. You couldn't walk up say hi and then shoot someone.

So to address your statement we don't let little kids who can't even spell. We are actually very very strict. We spend countless hours per day reading each application. That is what makes this community so unique. I would suggest re-reading the mod rules and put forth a better effort on explaining kos and nlr.

Strife    0

my app got rejected for the same thing...well at least i dont have to clutter up the forum making a new thread about why and thanks for answering the questions for me ^_^

Caesar    438

Examples

more examples

admins love examples

Examples are nice, but don't use them as a substitute for stating the basic premise of the rule in detail. List every detail of the rule in minute detail if you have to. Most people do half the rule and ignore the other half.

TChambers1    0

I just rechecked your application and what you wrote for NLR was very vague. You missed on three key areas that is stated in our mod rules.

For KOS you were also extremely vauge. You provided little to no detail at all and missed several area about our kos rules.

So the reason you were denied is because you really didn't explain anything. You said kos is bad, well yes we understand that. You also said you have to make contact before you kill someone. That's not true at all. You couldn't walk up say hi and then shoot someone.

So to address your statement we don't let little kids who can't even spell. We are actually very very strict. We spend countless hours per day reading each application. That is what makes this community so unique. I would suggest re-reading the mod rules and put forth a better effort on explaining kos and nlr.

I made sure i mentioned that you cannot just say Hey i'm robbing you and then just shoot. I laid out a better scenario that half the kids that get accepted probably did. It's fine i did it again and honestly i can't see how i'd get rejected again.

Terra    1449

So you got rejected again? What was the reason? Maybe let the community help you.

See, i have a huge problem pointing fingers at the Admins to blame them for something you did most likely not right or good enough.

If you want help, show us what you wrote and the community can actually start to help.

Unknown Entity    126

Anyone else get a dumb reason for rejection?

This right here. The admins are strict because this community has strict rules. Making sure members understand the rules completely is a must, if you find that dumb, you might not be in the right place imo.

Gina    26

There's kids who are whitelisted and they probably can't even spell.

I laid out a better scenario that half the kids that get accepted probably did.

There might be slight problem with your attitude or am I wrong?

Just make sure you understand how our rules would affect on your decisions and actions in-game and then explain those in your application, and you will be good to go :)

TChambers1    0

There's kids who are whitelisted and they probably can't even spell.

I laid out a better scenario that half the kids that get accepted probably did.

There might be slight problem with your attitude or am I wrong?

Just make sure you understand how our rules would affect on your decisions and actions in-game and then explain those in your application, and you will be good to go :)

It might seem like attitude because this upset me. It's something i genuinely want to be apart of, and these little slight technicalities are keeping me from playing and having this awesome experience. I feel like it's unfair to an extent. My second whitelist was rejected because part of my NLR was incorrect. i went line by line in the rules and basically turned each sentence into my own words. like what else could i possibly say? i guess i'll just copy and paste it next time. I'm seriously trying really hard to make a good application. i went over board with all of the character counts and made sure i was detailed. So frustrating when these little technicalities are keeping you from something you want. guess i'll try again tomorrow :\

Anyone else get a dumb reason for rejection?

This right here. The admins are strict because this community has strict rules. Making sure members understand the rules completely is a must, if you find that dumb, you might not be in the right place imo.

nah i'm in the right place. this is something i really want to be apart of.

Gina    26

It might seem like attitude because this upset me. It's something i genuinely want to be apart of, and these little slight technicalities are keeping me from playing and having this awesome experience. I feel like it's unfair to an extent.

How it is unfair if you are required to have as good application as everyone else?

Like someone already said, why not post your NLR and/or KOS explanations here so people can perhaps help you by pointing out what is possibly missing or wrong?

Larhee    0

I have also been rejected and I understand that the amount of detail and examples I used were very bad. But if it only tells me about my NLR and KoS responses, do I have to look at my story and everything else?

Rick    19

You only have to re-do the parts of the application you were rejected for.

Larhee    0

You only have to re-do the parts of the application you were rejected for.

Thank you.

Chris    63

I have also been rejected and I understand that the amount of detail and examples I used were very bad. But if it only tells me about my NLR and KoS responses, do I have to look at my story and everything else?

Applications are very rarely ever rejected for the backstory, that is usually there to demonstrate your overall ability to make a believable narrative.

One guy said he was the President of the United States, and that he had created the zombie virus in tandem with an Umbrella-Corp kind of idea. Pretty sure we rejected that one (powergaming level over 9000), but besides that, none are even coming to mind for me.

yorick    1

stating rules is to understand them, to apply rules is to respect them.

It's my one and only skill in life. Expert designer for 1st attempt whitelist applications. I'm just a one shot one kill bullet conservation kind of guy.

Unfortunately I can't help you with your whitelist rejection problems. My one and only skill in life does not permit me to have the skill to teach others how I do it.

Also, I am a pretty avid elitist who is happy when I hear people get rejected. It means only the prime elite succeed for me to play along with and the KoS riff raff stays at the gate.

I will say this may be one of the most difficult WLapps I have applied for. The rules feel a bit incomplete in some areas and as such, you have to be someone who really understands right from wrong and what it truly means to play fair and interpret them just right.

If you can't demonstrate your knowledge in the application, how can you be expected to demonstrate it in game.

Frozen    45

Examples

more examples

admins love examples

Don't forget examples!

Remember those Examples Too !

Nicholas    0

Man just sent my App... only had 2 examples. Am I screwed?

If your explanation of KoS and NLR was descriptive enough, the example's remained on point and helped strengthen/show your understanding of the rule's of KoS/NLR then you should be good. If you would like you could PM me and I'll can help you improve on your application if it does get rejected or you could pm any community helper/mod/etc.