Server time: 2017-10-21, 05:03
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
RAFPathfinder

KOS, Application Help

Question

Hi so I have applied to be white listed but have got rejected due to KOS part of the application so I was wondering if anyone can help me improve my new version of this stage?

KOS- Kill on sight.When someone kills or shoots at another player without any warning. To be able to kill someone you need to have a good reason and to follow role play therefore you must make contact before initiating a hostile action against another player. You must make the victim very clear that you are a hostile and that he is your victim also you must inform the victim of the consequences of non compliance. You can take revenge on a player that has taken hostile action towards you but only the one time and as long and it doesn't brake NLR. Once you have a hostage you aren't allowed to kill the person unless he doesn't comply or if he is part of a hostile gang.

Baiting, do not send a low geared player into a known hostile place and hope someone is going to be hostile to them so you gain KOS rights.

Hostage: if you have a hostage you must do everything to keep him alive, you are allowed to harm the hostage as long as it's within role play but after you are finished with the hostage you are not allowed to leave him until he has the capable means to survive. eg: Don't leave the hostage with broken legs, give him food and drink if he needs it to survive

scenario 1 : I see a guy I think it was a guy who robbed me previously but I'm not sure so I chase him down to gather further Intel as I get closer I still cant tell weather or not he is the same guy so I run up to him and tell him to get on the ground drop the weapon and don't turn a round. He comply apart from dropping the gun I repeat to him telling him to drop the gun but he doesn't.

Response 1: I now have the right to shoot him due to the fact he is not complying with me by not dropping the weapon.

Scenario 2: You are walking along the coast by your self when suddenly 2 guys show up and tell you to get on the ground while they are pointing a gun at you.

Response 2: since it is unlikely you would escape them, you comply. The guys now know that you are complying and are not allowed to kill you. After you have being robbed you are allowed to take revenge as long as it is within the 2 hour time frame.

6 answers to this question

Conor    254

You need to include details. Just by skim reading over what you wrote I can already see what I assume is the reason for your rejection.

Details, more examples, how do you lose KoS rights, some specifics are missing.

Owen    14

The examples are good but the body of text needs review of it. Just read the rules again and change it accordingly.

Thank to all that have replayed I have updated the KOS part an have gave several examples so here is my newly updated one. Is you have any further improvements you have for me I would be greatful.

KOS- Kill on sight. When someone kills or shoots at another player without any warning.

How to gain KOS rights: To be able to kill someone you need to have a good reason and to follow role play therefore you must make contact before initiating a hostile action against another player.contact has been made when the other player acknowledged your message. You must make the victim very clear that you are a hostile and that he is your victim also you must inform the victim of the consequences of non compliance (being harmed or killed). You can take revenge on a player that has taken hostile action towards you but only the one time and as long, it doesn't brake NLR and it's within the 2 hour time frame. Once you have a hostage you aren't allowed to kill the person unless he doesn't comply or if he is part of a hostile gang.

Example: you tell a guy to drop his gun and lay on the ground. He pauses for a second and runs away around the corner of a building.

Response: you are now allowed to KOS this person due to the fact he ran away and didn't meet you command. (Be careful, if you chase him and you see multiple people make sure you identify the correct person before shooting)

Loosing KOS rights: when the hostage understands he's a hostage and complies with everything you say.

Example: you meet a guy who is geared, you tell him to drop everything on the ground he complies.

Response: you aren't allowed to kill this person due to him complying but you can harm him as long as it's within role play and you leave the guy with the ability to survive against zombies and you make sure he's not bleeding nor needing food or drink urgently.

Hostage rights: The person controlling the hostage must do everything in your power to keep the victim alive by giving him food or drink to survive and or bandaging him if he is bleeding to prevent him bleeding out.

Example: you meet a guy and you want to rob him. You tell him to get on the ground and he complies and you start to take all of his gear. A zombie turns up and start to eat the hostage who now has no gear.

Response: you must kill the zombie to protect the hostage and and bandage him if he is bleeding. Once you are done with the hostage check with him if he need any food or drink to stop imminent dehydration and/or starvation.

Baiting: Do not send a low geared player into a known hostile place and hope someone is going to be hostile to them so you gain KOS rights.

Example: you have a group of 5 players in game you are passing through a known hostile area. You send the less geared player to run around in the open trying to gain any attention of another player hoping anyone near him would track him down and make a hostile action towards him so you gain KOS rights on him.

Response: you can not do this because you purposely try to get a member of your group caught so you remove any threat of your whole group being taken hostage.

What you can do: you can send the less gear guy in your group to scout out an unknown area sneaky peaky like to find any hostile in the area you give him a 10 minutes window to return if he doesn't return you trace his foot steps to find him held captive so you can now break him out.

Hostage: if you have a hostage you must do everything to keep him alive, you are allowed to harm the hostage as long as it's within role play but after you are finished with the hostage you are not allowed to leave him until he has the capable means to survive. eg: Don't leave the hostage with broken legs, give him food and drink if he needs it to survive

scenario 1 : I see a guy I think it was a guy who robbed me previously but I'm not sure so I chase him down to gather further Intel as I get closer I still cant tell weather or not he is the same guy so I run up to him and tell him to get on the ground drop the weapon and don't turn a round. He comply apart from dropping the gun I repeat to him telling him to drop the gun but he doesn't.

Response 1: I now have the right to shoot him due to the fact he is not complying with me by not dropping the weapon.

Scenario 2: You are walking along the coast by your self when suddenly 2 guys show up and tell you to get on the ground while they are pointing a gun at you.

Response 2: since it is unlikely you would escape them, you comply. The guys now know that you are complying and are not allowed to kill you. After you have being robbed you are allowed to take revenge as long as it is within the 2 hour time frame.

Edit: I will read the rules again when I get home and beef out the opening paragraph.

It is looking much better, good luck with it :)

I will set this as solved, but if you feel you need any more help on it feel free to continue posting

/solved