Server time: 2017-08-19, 09:32

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Biiddy

The Official Walking Dead COMIC BOOKS Thread (spoilers inside)

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Seen as people did not like the comics being discussed in the other thread which is understandable then they can be discussed here instead :D

Anyway, discuss away!

I personally don't like that they skipped a few years in the current issue which lead to the community that they are currently holding out in surviving and such, I would of much rather seen characters develop and such along the way!

Caeldon    1

The time skip yeah was a little meh but it has taken Rick out of the spotlight a little and we're able to focus on other survivors now, also the way Rick was beating up his own men for not doing their job well enough makes me think he might become a future evil.

The latest issue though, Carl killing them boys with a shovel was brutal.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

The time skip yeah was a little meh but it has taken Rick out of the spotlight a little and we're able to focus on other survivors now, also the way Rick was beating up his own men for not doing their job well enough makes me think he might become a future evil.

The latest issue though, Carl killing them boys with a shovel was brutal.

Was awesome though, reminded me of the older times where all of them were quite brutal

simiskovich    0

Holy shit, I was literally thinking of making this thread yesterday.

I've read from the beginning to the last issue (134?) So far I've been very confused by the time skip, I think it said something about a few weeks, but to me it looks like years went by.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

I've read from the beginning to the last issue (134?) So far I've been very confused by the time skip, I think it said something about a few weeks, but to me it looks like years went by.

Pretty sure it was like 2-3 years

Murdercool    32

I'm fucking love the new arch with these guys who wear Zombie faces. I was actually going to RP on the mod a guy that did that with the zombie player model. It's going to very interesting where this goes, maybe they will attack hilltop?

Carl beating those kids heads in was so fucking brutal, haven't seen it that brutal since Glen.. RIP..

Another thing we have unanswered is.. Where in the fuck is Michone!

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

I'm fucking love the new arch with these guys who wear Zombie faces. I was actually going to RP on the mod a guy that did that with the zombie player model. It's going to very interesting where this goes, maybe they will attack hilltop?

Carl beating those kids heads in was so fucking brutal, haven't seen it that brutal since Glen.. RIP..

I think Michone (that how it spelled?) maybe at the Kingdom and loved the past where Jesus kicked the shit out of all those guys :P

Murdercool    32

I think Michone (that how it spelled?) maybe at the Kingdom and loved the past where Jesus kicked the shit out of all those guys :P

Yeah but fucking hell, when they Dante character got first held up by the guy with the sawed off and mask.. That made my bone tingles, and yes I got the inspiration of my SA character name from the new hilltop guard Dante. ;)

Caeldon    1

I've never really liked Michonne in the comics, there really isn't much to her character and she has also slept with nearly everyone. Although I think she might of left the group because of Rick's decision to keep Negan alive or maybe she left because of Rick's new attitude towards his own people.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Yeah but fucking hell, when they Dante character got first held up by the guy with the sawed off and mask.. That made my bone tingles, and yes I got the inspiration of my SA character name from the new hilltop guard Dante. ;)

Yeah, im pretty excited about seeing where the Whisperer's (new enemies) will take him hostage too and also looking forward to seeing the next comic, have a feeling they may find Rick on his way back to the Alexandria safe zone :P

Murdercool    32

I'm so glad they kept Negan alive though.. Would have been upset if they killed off the best villain they've created. Let's just hope he gets out and goes back to what he does best. ;)

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

I'm so glad they kept Negan alive though.. Would have been upset if they killed off the best villain they've created. Let's just hope he gets out and goes back to what he does best. ;)

So much yes, I have a feeling he may become good but not to sure :o like something major happens and he helps out

This thread made me pick the comics back up again. I'm currently on issue 102 and I plan on catching up to the rest of you by the end of the day.

The comics are really interesting. Gives me a nice insight to what might come in the future of the TV series.

simiskovich    0

Pretty sure it was like 2-3 years

Nice, so Rick is 33 but looks like he's in his 60's or something.

This thread made me pick the comics back up again. I'm currently on issue 102 and I plan on catching up to the rest of you by the end of the day.

The comics are really interesting. Gives me a nice insight to what might come in the future of the TV series.

I wish the TV series followed the comics a bit more, so far only a small part of the TV series is actually canon with the comic book, the whole hospital and Terminus thing would've been interesting to see in the comics.

If only the comic books had Daryl...

Murdercool    32

Anyone notice the thumbs up to this scene in the comic books in the latest episode of TWD. I liked that they added that part in, it was an awesome episode opener too!

wd008.jpg

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Anyone notice the thumbs up to this scene in the comic books in the latest episode of TWD. I liked that they added that part in, it was an awesome episode opener too!

wd008.jpg

Thought the exact same thing when it happened, Martinez all over again

Murdercool    32

wd008.jpg

Martinez got battered round the head with a golf club in the show by the Governor right?

Caeldon    1

Any other comic readers think they might go down this route with Maggie?

O8JshcG.png

Obviously Glenn manages to save her before she dies, but I think with her being the last remaining member of her family they might use this comic storyline in the second half of Season 5. It also creates a scene between Rick and Abraham with Abraham wanting to shoot Maggie in the head thinking she has died and will turn.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

wd008.jpg

Martinez got battered round the head with a golf club in the show by the Governor right?

Yup

Posting this here since a lot of people might have not read the comics and I have something to say about everyone getting anxious of Negan's possible appearance in Season 5.

I don't think you guys realise that Negan won't be appearing on the show until late Season 7 or even earlier Season 8. The reason for this is because currently, if we forget the current story arcs (Hospital), the group has only just dealt with the TV version of the Hunters who appeared in Issues 61-66. Within the next 3 issues the group reach Alexandria Safe Zone (Issue 69). Now that we have this understood, we're onto Negan.

Negan isn't even seen until Issue 100 but he is mentioned in Issue 95. Why would the show skip over 30ish issues of strong character development? That's bollocks.

They need to expand and go through Issues 69-95, which includes story arcs such as No Way Out which in my opinion is one of the best ever. So, before we all start freaking out over Negan appearing before we witness Alexandria, Hilltop, The Kingdom, think of all the story they need to get through before they can logically bring Negan into the show.

And, if Negan does appear at the end of Season 5 and do the deed, I'm going to be extremely disappointed in the writers of the show.

Ego    1

Sung has a good point, although I really want them to get to the point where they find the settlement. Its my favorite story ark so far, them settling in with the other survivors. It'll be an interesting change seeing Rick not in charge for once (if they actually add that in).

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Posting this here since a lot of people might have not read the comics and I have something to say about everyone getting anxious of Negan's possible appearance in Season 5.

I don't think you guys realise that Negan won't be appearing on the show until late Season 7 or even earlier Season 8. The reason for this is because currently, if we forget the current story arcs (Hospital), the group has only just dealt with the TV version of the Hunters who appeared in Issues 61-66. Within the next 3 issues the group reach Alexandria Safe Zone (Issue 69). Now that we have this understood, we're onto Negan.

Negan isn't even seen until Issue 100 but he is mentioned in Issue 95. Why would the show skip over 30ish issues of strong character development? That's bollocks.

They need to expand and go through Issues 69-95, which includes story arcs such as No Way Out which in my opinion is one of the best ever. So, before we all start freaking out over Negan appearing before we witness Alexandria, Hilltop, The Kingdom, think of all the story they need to get through before they can logically bring Negan into the show.

And, if Negan does appear at the end of Season 5 and do the deed, I'm going to be extremely disappointed in the writers of the show.

I fully agree with you here, even if this is not the case it should be, the thing i love most is character/ story development, i no way should they rush it.

Im pretty sure we wont see Negan this season, my prediction is that he will come in in late season 6 (last couple of episodes) and will end up killing Glenn in the season 6 finale.

-snip-

I fully agree with you here, even if this is not the case it should be, the thing i love most is character/ story development, i no way should they rush it.

Im pretty sure we wont see Negan this season, my prediction is that he will come in in late season 6 (last couple of episodes) and will end up killing Glenn in the season 6 finale.

I feel even late Season 6 is too soon.

I highly doubt they'll fit in all of the seperate story lines that go on within Alexandria, The Hilltop etc. For TV, they actually have to show us how our certain characters are doing within their respective roles once they arrive in Alexandria. For example, they'll need episode/half-episodes focusing on Rick and Michonne's patrolling, Abraham and the construction crew, Glenn and the runner crew. Plus the new storylines they'll have to create for Sasha, seeing as she's the most likely candidate to replace Andrea as the Alexandria sniper, Daryl's possible job as dedicated huntsmen, Carol fitting in seeing as she's trying to become an outcast, etc.

The show needs to expand on the comics so much for it to be a good comic-to-screen adaption.

Plus they'll need to chuck in the iconic comic story-arcs like No Way Out (which is a huge factor in actually leading the group toward The Hilltop and meeting Negan). Plus, of course, Pete the abusive husband, can't wait to see Rick blast that arsehole.

My money is on Negan appearing mid-S7>Late-S7 or even early S8.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

-snip-

I highly doubt they'll fit in all of the seperate story lines that go on within Alexandria, The Hilltop etc. For TV, they actually have to show us how our certain characters are doing within their respective roles once they arrive in Alexandria. For example, they'll need episode/half-episodes focusing on Rick and Michonne's patrolling, Abraham and the construction crew, Glenn and the runner crew. Plus the new storylines they'll have to create for Sasha, seeing as she's the most likely candidate to replace Andrea as the Alexandria sniper, Daryl's possible job as dedicated huntsmen, Carol fitting in seeing as she's trying to become an outcast, etc.

The show needs to expand on the comics so much for it to be a good comic-to-screen adaption.

Plus they'll need to chuck in the iconic comic story-arcs like No Way Out (which is a huge factor in actually leading the group toward The Hilltop and meeting Negan). Plus, of course, Pete the abusive husband, can't wait to see Rick blast that arsehole.

I agree with what you are saying, i dont think Negan should appear until season 7 as like what you said there is so much to fit in, like that small group who tries to attack Alexandria and such, i just get this feeling that they will rush him into season 6 :(

Murdercool    32

-snip-

You're probably right to be honest, we know he's coming though and I'm hyped. I believe though in the next few episodes we may see Aaron.