Server time (UTC): 2020-12-04, 17:16
Sign in to follow this  
DinoB

[SA] Randall & Associates WIP

MuXgB51.png

[mp3]http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/p7i5sjst94/Fallout_3_Soundtrack-_The_Perfect_Life_.mp3[/mp3]

15692.jpg

uY0SfTp.png

Randall & Associates is a bounty hunter/PMC business in Arizona. It was founded in 2006, by Randall Simms an ex United States Army Ranger, who was dishonorably discharged for unknown reasons. He and his first "associate" Aleksandr Reznov started out small doing mercenary work and small black market trades around USA and Mexico, but it soon expanded to Europe and Asia. People from all around the world who couldn't risk getting their hands dirty hired "Randall & Associates" for all kinds of work. They were most famous for finding and hunting down "outlaws" who ranged from petty thieves to murderers and rapists.

In 2009. they were hired by the Chernarussian government to try and take out high ranking Chedaki officers for a big sum of money, which they gladly accepted.

The mission was mostly a success, and the government payed "Randall & Associates" the money they were promised.

Because of the great work done in 2009, they were hired again in 2014. when the mysterious infection started in South Zagoria.

This time their job was to help out CDF forces and try to contain the outbreak.

It went good for the first week and a half, but when there were massive wipes of CDF forces, Randall and his men started to retreat, hoping to get back to the USA.

The quarantine surrounding Chernarus, prevented the retreat, and left them to their demise.

Some of the "associates" got killed trying to escape Chernarus some got killed by the infected, but the rest tried to prevail.

Randall himself survived with some other "associates", and they tried to use their skills the best they could.

They survived mostly by looking out for each other and sometimes helping other survivors, for a price.

This is when they established a business in Chernarus, taking peoples contracts and payments when the job was done.

The business was blooming once more.

LTTNY41.png

• Take contracts from people in exchange for supplies (depending on the job it can range from food and drinks to guns and armor)

Contracts can be hunting people down, getting some sort of gear or even a personal bodyguard for a certain ammount of time.

• Use force when necesarry, but do not steal or commit crimes against the innocent, unless it's part of a contract.

• Try and stay as neutral as you can. Do not take contracts to hearth and get the job done. (that means if someone hires you to take out a goodie-two-shoes then by all means do it)

1cj6naa.png

SKQ1wvK.jpg

*the unifrom isn't that important, but it is recommended to wear a cowboy hat

OOC AND HOW TO APPLY

I just wanted to say that this is a very big WIP and just a idea I always wanted to post. It is based from NV Bounties, a mod for Fallout NV. There might be some grammatical mistakes which will be corrected sooner or later.

The way this group works is that we will take contracts from people like mentioned in the GOALS part. The biggest problem you may be thinking is the part "taking someone out". Here we won't be KOSing people or whatever, but rather try to capture them, handcuff them and taking a picture. That would be summ up "taking someone out". But I've also considered taking peoples fingers or ears, but that could be considered powergaming so I'm planning on leaving that out. If a person does not compy and ends up getting killed, that can also be considered taking someone out.

If you want to apply use this template:

Character name:

DayZ/DayZRP experience:

DayZRP clans you have been in:

Your roleplay experience:

Why do you wish to join Randall & Associates?:

Short character background (that would fit this group):

Do you have teamspeak and a working microphone?:

What time can you be online? (server time):

Anything else you would like to add:

147073-1294107112.jpg

Guest ArcticStarling

--reserved --

banter

Hmm, I like the concept of a bounty hunter/mercenary organisation, but I'm not too sure on the backstory.

For one it states that your group was hired in 2009 to assassinate Chedaki high-level leadership, bear in mind this was within a province that was undergoing heavy fighting and Chernarus itself was embroiled in a bitter civil war, with the US also intervening some place down the line, and even Russia getting involved after the bombing at the Red Square. I find it difficult to think that, even a group of ex-military mercs, would want to go there, even if it was for a vast sum of money. I also find it hard to believe that the Chernarussian Government would hire external mercenaries as the situation was not that dire for them, in spite of the problem in South Zagoria.

As for the hiring in 2014, again I also doubt that the Chernarussian government was that desperate early on in order to warrant hiring in external help, the early weeks of the infection would've been seen as sorted when UN troops were rolling in, the news reports on Chernarus would've also been enough to warrant away anyone with reports and evidence of Zombie-like behaviour by infected citizens. And after that, Chernarus was quarantined and Russia, Takistan, Georgia and Turkey sending troops and ships to maintain the quarantine.

That said, the thread seems very well made and it's clear that you've made a good effort on the thread, I hope though that this criticism doesn't demoralise you, I'm looking forward to seeing this develop though and I wish you luck with the group!

Hmm, I like the concept of a bounty hunter/mercenary organisation, but I'm not too sure on the backstory.

For one it states that your group was hired in 2009 to assassinate Chedaki high-level leadership, bear in mind this was within a province that was undergoing heavy fighting and Chernarus itself was embroiled in a bitter civil war, with the US also intervening some place down the line, and even Russia getting involved after the bombing at the Red Square. I find it difficult to think that, even a group of ex-military mercs, would want to go there, even if it was for a vast sum of money. I also find it hard to believe that the Chernarussian Government would hire external mercenaries as the situation was not that dire for them, in spite of the problem in South Zagoria.

As for the hiring in 2014, again I also doubt that the Chernarussian government was that desperate early on in order to warrant hiring in external help, the early weeks of the infection would've been seen as sorted when UN troops were rolling in, the news reports on Chernarus would've also been enough to warrant away anyone with reports and evidence of Zombie-like behaviour by infected citizens. And after that, Chernarus was quarantined and Russia, Takistan, Georgia and Turkey sending troops and ships to maintain the quarantine.

That said, the thread seems very well made and it's clear that you've made a good effort on the thread, I hope though that this criticism doesn't demoralise you, I'm looking forward to seeing this develop though and I wish you luck with the group!

#Rifleman4Loremaster

-feedback-

Thanks for the feedback and I appreciate it.

First I wanted to address the part where you said:

I find it difficult to think that, even a group of ex-military mercs, would want to go there, even if it was for a vast sum of money.

This is where I took that idea from, quote from the wiki:

The Chernarussian government asks the international community for assistance in defeating the rebels, and the United States responded by sending a U.S. Navy Expeditionary Strike Group off the coast of Chernarus...

By how it's written in the wiki it would seem to me that they could use any help they could get, even if that means hiring a "PMC" group. And I understand the part when you said "What is the point of risking their lives for money", there is an old Croatian saying that goes: "Ako ne riskiraš ne profitiraš" which translates to "If you don't take risks, you don't get profit". (I will answer this a bit more after I'm done with my reply)

In the DayZRP standalone lore it says:

Several days of intense struggle pass by and after finally realizing that they need assistance, Chernarus's government pleads for assistance from the UN.

The government pleads (they basically beg for help) for assistance, which also means they could use any extra help, and why not hire the people who have proven to be successful in the past. I could always correct that instead of

This time their job was to help out CDF forces and try to contain the outbreak.
that their job was to try and contain the riots that are breaking out in South Zagoria
Riots starts to occur all over central Chernarus and in Berezino and Novodmitrovsk to the east, further complicating an already serious security situation.

Basically the conclusion of this is that it is hard to incorporate some kind of a "Bounty hunter business" in Chernarus as there would be no real reason for them to work there, without any connections in the past. A guy randomly opening a business in a quarantined zone wouldn't make much IC or OOC sense.

So the problem here is that I do not have much to work off, as stated above.

So taking a "little" risk for money is the best I could do.

Any ideas how to "correct" the backstory would be appreciated.

-feedback-

-snip-

Like I said, I wasn't too sure on the backstory, but I thank you for replying and helping me to put your group into a more rounded context.

I honestly don't see any major lore conflictions that mess with the SA lore in the thread, and I can see this group producing some great RP and it is clearly very well thought out given the extensive reply you gave to my criticism.

The only thing I can see to improve on this is to tidy up the thread from grammatical and spelling errors and maybe expand a bit more on your backstory, but other than that, I can't really fault it.

Uh nice you actually worked on it :) Looks good so far I would say.

I like very much

Basically the conclusion of this is that it is hard to incorporate some kind of a "Bounty hunter business" in Chernarus as there would be no real reason for them to work there, without any connections in the past. A guy randomly opening a business in a quarantined zone wouldn't make much IC or OOC sense.

Why do merc and bounty hunter clans always have to be a bunch of hard assed USA dudes? Because of the movies? This kind of concept has been turned over way too many times. The group doesnt need an exceptional background story with some expendables story arc.

Anyway why not make this bounty hunter company a local one? You could add a lot more believable background story. Of course when the world was not ravaged by this disease the company wouldnt be that successful or maybe it was, depends how crime ridden this place was.

What i am trying to say that most of these kind of groups would flourish rather well in the apocalypse, not before that. Way to much laws and such.

It is hard to enforce the law at the time of apocalypse so i wouldnt be suprised if a lot of skilled lawmen turn to bounty hunting or whatever jobs these kind of mercs do.

Decent idea and very nice looking thread. The idea has been used a few times in the past on the mod but this is a totally new game. I'd love to see some bounty hunters running around Chernarus if done right and Hopefully you stay true to your word of being neutral and complete some contracts. If anyone stirs trouble with me I'll make sure to call you guys up.... :P

Good Luck out there!

Guest Likurja

And so you finally did it Dino!

Thread looks brilliant and I like the backstory as well.

Will you have a restaurant btw? :D

Why do merc and bounty hunter clans always have to be a bunch of hard assed USA dudes? Because of the movies? This kind of concept has been turned over way too many times. The group doesnt need an exceptional background story with some expendables story arc.

Anyway why not make this bounty hunter company a local one? You could add a lot more believable background story. Of course when the world was not ravaged by this disease the company wouldnt be that successful or maybe it was, depends how crime ridden this place was.

What i am trying to say that most of these kind of groups would flourish rather well in the apocalypse, not before that. Way to much laws and such.

It is hard to enforce the law at the time of apocalypse so i wouldnt be suprised if a lot of skilled lawmen turn to bounty hunting or whatever jobs these kind of mercs do.

Where exactly did I say that we are "hard assed USA dudes", expendables etc. I didn't. Randall aka MY character is the only persons history really mentioned here.

None of the other "associates" pre-joining jobs were mentioned. They could be lawyers or doctors for all you know. That's for the people who join to develop ingame.

So what, Randall was an ex army ranger, I doubt a bloody farmer would open a bounty hunter business (and that's the backstory of my character which I adapted to this group). And we don't only do bounty hunting, we do other stuff as well (which is said in the goals). Okay, lets go with it, a butcher named Mike decided to open a "bounty hunter business" because he thinks it would be a good idea. Mike doesn't really know anything about guns but he did play airsoft a few times. So would you rather be part of a PMC where the leader was an ex soldier, who was trained in that sort of stuff, or be part of Mike's pmc, cus you know airsoft is pretty much like real war.

The only reason I made it from the "USA" is because

1. My main character is American

2. And because of THIS (the link I gave you here, is something that was REAL, not part of a movie or whatever you were implying)

That is where I took the inspiration from, and Fallout NV. That's where the cowboy hats come in. I wanted to make a Western styled bounty hunter business, if I wanted to do something like "the expendables", I'd make some British supersoldier clan.

Now the part where you mentioned that I should have made the bounty hunter business a local one.

Now this is from the official DayZRP standalone lore:

A small country edging on the green sea near the Caucasus, no one really bothered it with much. Most people didn't even know where it was. Ever since the 2009 conflict, the attention on the country had been limited and the eyes of the world was now turned towards hotspots of conflict such as Ukraine and Syria, while the Ebola outbreak in west Africa had people gripped in fear.

I think that would sum up why I didn't make it local. It wouldn't make sense to open a bounty hunter business in Chernarus, but in the region of USA and Mexico it makes 100 times more sense.

You answered your feedback/question with your post:

the company wouldnt be that successful or maybe it was, depends how crime ridden this place was.

Exactly, so once again why would I make it local?

But by not making it local, does not mean that a Chernarussian can't be part of "Randall & Associates". That's why we have recruitment. Even tho I would prefer anyone who joins having an American character, does not mean I will not recruit people (characters) from other nations.

Still thanks for your feedback and I'll make sure to improve the story in the future when I have time.

I acknowledge this as a mod in fallout new vegas. Like it, but perhaps change the name ?

Changing the name would mean changing my characters name which I currently don't feel like doing. I've been rolling with that character in the Mod through the whole of NVR and in standalone.

I acknowledge this as a mod in fallout new vegas. Like it, but perhaps change the name ?

Changing the name would mean changing my characters name which I currently don't feel like doing. I've been rolling with that character in the Mod through the whole of NVR and in standalone.

xD nevermind then. Still, good luck.

This can be archived for now. I don't really have time to run a group, but I will reopen it in the future.

/moving to archive

Sign in to follow this