Server time (UTC): 2020-11-24, 15:00
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

DayZ SA group threads / forum, etc.

So I was briefly at the weekly meeting on Saturday in ts.

For me the most interesting part during my attendance was that rolle said something along the lines that SA clans should develop in game and there should not be a approval system etc.

Tomeran said that we would still require group forums to organize ourselves.

I approve of both and it seemed like a lot of other people on there did as well.

Now obviously there is two "problems" some of you might be concerned about:

1. Can't I advertise my clan anymore?

2. What about troll clans?

For the first question I have no answer but I personally would refer you to the rp thread and the second question probably is answered the best by a simple report for bad rp ( which in my opinion should get punished harder if a whole group provides bad rp to make ensure people stay serious).

However my question especially to the admins is:

When can we have group forums and how do we get access to sa group forums ? Can we also have a clan cp? I think the idea above that you develop everything in game is perfect but I can't stress out enough how important it is to organize yourself inside the clan.

So can we have it soon plis ?

For me I mostly agree and think just a few simple things should be done

- Only whitelisted accounts can post threads in group forum

- Groups with a certain amount of members can request a private forum

- The group forums should be moderated better. Shadowforce and rolles clan are funny and all but detract from the RP and only serve as a joke. If someone posted that in the mod group ideas it would be deleted or moved to off-topic

- Have staff give each group a check for any obvious mistakes like huge lore conflicts or such

For me I mostly agree and think just a few simple things should be done

- Only whitelisted accounts can post threads in group forum

- Groups with a certain amount of members can request a private forum

- The group forums should be moderated better. Shadowforce and rolles clan are funny and all but detract from the RP and only serve as a joke. If someone posted that in the mod group ideas it would be deleted or moved to off-topic

- Have staff give each group a check for any obvious mistakes like huge lore conflicts or such

But isn't the goal to get rid of the group thread and only provide a group forum? Or did I misunderstood that ? Because I'm sick of thinking about a name creating a bg story and so on

But isn't the goal to get rid of the group thread and only provide a group forum? Or did I misunderstood that ? Because I'm sick of thinking about a name creating a bg story and so on

Hmm not sure on that one, personally i like the name and story etc since it gives groups more... RP to start off with and base interactions from.

I can see the metagamey negatives too though :/

I think what rolle means his is doesnt want people posting a group thread, getting approval and then just going from there however as far as writing a backstory and making a nice thread goes you can still do that.

He wants there presence to develop in game etc. for example there have always been small groups of unnamed civilians in the mod they dont have a group name but you know they are a group because they are always together etc. thats the sort of thing he wants to promote not just clan tag groups like we have in the mod.

I think what rolle means his is doesnt want people posting a group thread, getting approval and then just going from there however as far as writing a backstory and making a nice thread goes you can still do that.

He wants there presence to develop in game etc. for example there have always been small groups of unnamed civilians in the mod they dont have a group name but you know they are a group because they are always together etc. thats the sort of thing he wants to promote not just clan tag groups like we have in the mod.

So is a clan thread mandatory ? You see my problem is I hate giving clan names. I've had this discussion with arrex a couple of days ago. You don't run around and call yourself a leftover or a fallen whatsoever, makes sense ? I mean I have no problem if we can just create a group thread and put in a logo and then every now and then write on the background story but that should be it in my opinion...

Rolle gief us answers plis ?

Also what about sharing kos rights that will be something which needs to be worked on as well I guess...

So is a clan thread mandatory ? You see my problem is I hate giving clan names. I've had this discussion with arrex a couple of days ago. You don't run around and call yourself a leftover or a fallen whatsoever, makes sense ? I mean I have no problem if we can just create a group thread and put in a logo and then every now and then write on the background story but that should be it in my opinion...

Also what about sharing kos rights that will be something which needs to be worked on as well I guess...

I dont even think you need a logo really i know of a group that doesnt have a clan thread yet i know they are a group of survivors because they are always together and act like a group.

to me personally I wouldnt say a clan thread is necessary its just there if you want to really perhaps its just a notice to say "we will be playing as this".

Sharing KOS wasnt finalised when i discussed with Rolle briefly on a thread but i believe they wanted it to be dynamic in a sense that if you're in the area and involved you get KOS and can fight the opposing group.

if you're sat on the other side of the map looting some sheds you're not involved and dont gain KOS but at the same time the opposing group shouldnt really kill you either because you were not involved and probably wouldnt be able to tell you were even part of the same group anyway.

I dont even think you need a logo really i know of a group that doesnt have a clan thread yet i know they are a group of survivors because they are always together and act like a group.

to me personally I wouldnt say a clan thread is necessary its just there if you want to really perhaps its just a notice to say "we will be playing as this".

Sharing KOS wasnt finalised when i discussed with Rolle briefly on a thread but i believe they wanted it to be dynamic in a sense that if you're in the area and involved you get KOS and can fight the opposing group.

if you're sat on the other side of the map looting some sheds you're not involved and dont gain KOS but at the same time the opposing group shouldnt really kill you either because you were not involved and probably wouldnt be able to tell you were even part of the same group anyway.

Thank you very much for all the information. Now let's hope we get group forums for internal managing soon and everything is [emoji108]

Thank you very much for all the information. Now let's hope we get group forums for internal managing soon and everything is [emoji108]

Just providing what I can dont take my word for it though im not staff after all :P

I back the idea of groups forming in game before moving onto making a forum thread and becoming more 'official'. I do not believe groups need a huge extensive back ground, groups can form after the apocalypse starts and wouldn't have to have a huge background, makes sense. And I can see how they don't necessarily need a name either, there have always been those who do not have a name for the group IC and it has only been an OOC thing.

It would be nice however to have them come up in the forums and be a bit 'official', it gives opportunity for feedback as well as CP's in the future and private forums.

I do not back the idea of having 'tags' and xml's though, I hope that doesn't happen.