Server time (UTC): 2020-11-24, 15:21
Sign in to follow this  
CookieTheEpic

Glad to be back

I played DayZRP religiously for several months in 2013, but the mod grew stale in my opinion as the camps that popped up after the TP kept failing due to rampant robbery and attacks from hostile groups. While I understand that those attacks were completely within the rules, and excellently roleplayed, not having anywhere to go for roleplaying and just roaming the map couldn't save it from the god awful mechanics that Arma 2 has. So I stopped playing, but I never forgot about DayZRP.

Some months ago I tried coming back and seeing if anything had changed for the better. In my opinion, it really hadn't. There were more camps now, yes, but after getting a taste of what DayZ could be with the standalone, the mechanics still kept pushing me away. I had trouble coming up with a proper character which would fit to the lore of the mod (which, for the record, I still don't quite comprehensively understand) so I quit again.

But now it is a completely different story. DayZRP in the standalone breathed new life into the entire formula, at least for me. Sure, the standalone isn't perfect, and it definitely runs like shit, but with the developers working on patches constantly, and with focus of the DayZRP staff shifting to the standalone, it can only go up from here.

I can definitely foresee myself becoming active on the forums once more and more importantly, I can see myself enjoying DayZRP again.

The original red panda is back :)

There can only be one Red Panda.

I challenge to a duel!

Why fight over a red racoon?

Welcome back bro!

Ah another Red fox lover is here good good.

Welcome back!

I challenge to a duel!

We all know I'm the OG red panda extraordinare so bring it.

m8 I joined one day before you

#wrekt

I challenge to a duel!

We all know I'm the OG red panda extraordinare so bring it.

m8 I joined one day before you

#wrekt

o shit

Ah another Red fox lover is here good good.

<_< u wot?

One shall not say red pandas and red foxes are the same. That's blasphemy!

But welcome back dude :)

Sign in to follow this