Server time (UTC): 2020-12-03, 10:38
Sign in to follow this  
GriefSlicer

Server 2 is up! Thank you admins

I really should be excited about this, since the server is hosted in the next major city north of mine.

But having the Standalone community divided between two servers, any server events divided, and the ever-present threat of ghosting really throws a cog in a lot of the functions behind a lot of the roleplaying I do.

Of course, we can't really increase the cap on players, and if we could it wouldn't be recommendable due to server issues.

But I do feel that once server performance is greatly improved, we should bolster the server pop as high as it goes and eliminate any second or third servers.

I'm definitely biased towards a single-server set-up since it agrees with the whole Staroye thing, but those are my pennies.

It will be an odd divide of EU/NA players. I doubt I will hear many more American accents in game at this rate.

That would be ideal Lucas, having a single mega server. Maybe eventually.

The current problem is why we cannot increase the player number per server is that the DayZ devs don't allow any private shards with more than 50 slots. There have been hives with 100 slots, but these were public ones.

I heard that they will increase it to 75 slots soon.

The current problem is why we cannot increase the player number per server is that the DayZ devs don't allow any private shards with more than 50 slots. There have been hives with 100 slots, but these were public ones.

I heard that they will increase it to 75 slots soon.

One day we can hope for 150 slot servers . . . . the dream still lives on.

One day we can hope for 150 slot servers . . . . the dream still lives on.

I think 150 player paired with persistence will be really interesting as especially guns will become even more uncommon. Hopefully this will make people happy when they find a double-barrel with a couple shells.

And of course the fact that the whole map will Hopefully be populated. And people forming communities...

Yep, the dream lives on...

I'm not happy about this.

Yes they are same hive.

Kinda sucks that now people are going to be divided. With all the little towns and communitys that have sprung up they are going to have people on different servers so you could go there and it would be empty :(

IMO we should have stayed with one for a little while longer.

Kinda sucks that now people are going to be divided. With all the little towns and communitys that have sprung up they are going to have people on different servers so you could go there and it would be empty :(

IMO we should have stayed with one for a little while longer.

Agree

Is nice for when server is full but when it's not like now it hurts the community

though all that fresh loot :D

Inb4 server 3. Back in august 2013 both servers were full lol and you had to spam like half an hour.

server one has been screwing up for a few hours, just lost my bloody character

That'll be standalone for ya ;)

I lost my character yesterday and got a fres spawn. Logged out and later when i got back in again, my old character was back O_o

I lost my character yesterday and got a fres spawn. Logged out and later when i got back in again, my old character was back O_o

yeah just got my half dead character back, first time I have ever needed to use the cooking system so I am happy.

Is Server 2 Persistent too? I hate this mechanic.

Yes, yes it is.

RIP server is constantly crashing at 50 players, please for the love of god let the server restart properly. I will just wait until tomorrow morning.

I know for a fact that it isn't just me that's plagued with issues on the DayZRP SA server, issues which don't occur on any other SA server that I play. What I'm worried about is the expansion of a second server when the first server still has a few unresolved issues.

though all that fresh loot :D

Fresh loot if all you want is basic stuff. All the police stations, and military spawns were almost immediately emptied out.