Server time (UTC): 2020-12-04, 07:36
Sign in to follow this  
DivineDesigns

Teamspeak questions

So me and my friend played for around 3 hours today and we use teamspeak to speak. How can we make sure we do not have an advantage over others.

When I died he was with me, I didn't ask him to grab my stuff we just spoke out of character like 'WTF was that aha' (I just keeled over and faceplanted the floor for no reason)

When I spawned in we already said in character before playing we will always meet at Elektro if we are both logged in so I just headed there not knowing/saying anything about where I had spawned or where he was.

We just had day to day conversations about well 'stuff' nothing relating to the gameplay.

Could we do anything else to be as fair as possible as we don't want an advantage?

Edit - We also spoke IC over voice comms in game so people around heard us etc...

Meeting OOC isn't entirely a bad thing. People like to group up with their friends, and there isn't much of a problem with that really. Just make sure when you die, you don't remember anything relating to your death, and that your friend doesn't bring it up.

I don't really see any harm in using TS for an advantage, if you're serious however I'm quite happy to give some suggestions. Perhaps firstly you could limit your communication over TS based one whether or not both of you have a Walkie Talkie with applicable battery? This would limit the amount of time you were using the VOIP unnecessarily and give you both an IG reason to be able to contact each other.

Despite that, perhaps you might mean OOC advantages, in that case I'd merely have to say just limit the amount of details you give away out of character? Honestly you really shouldn't worry about that, radio communications are supposed to be an advantage regardless and seeing as you're both only a team of two it's very akin to what many other people do here. I hope this helps somewhat and have fun in game, just be creative with whatever decision you make and I'm sure it'll be perfectly fine. :)

So are we allowed to speak OOC in TS about meeting somewhere so long as we RP in comms? Yeah that's what we did the only time we brought it up was OOC because it was funny how I died

EDIT - Because we are wanting to stream and don't want to get banned for speaking OOC in TS about meeting

I don't really see any harm in using TS for an advantage, if you're serious however I'm quite happy to give some suggestions. Perhaps firstly you could limit your communication over TS based one whether or not both of you have a Walkie Talkie with applicable battery? This would limit the amount of time you were using the VOIP unnecessarily and give you both an IG reason to be able to contact each other.

Despite that, perhaps you might mean OOC advantages, in that case I'd merely have to say just limit the amount of details you give away out of character? Honestly you really shouldn't worry about that, radio communications are supposed to be an advantage regardless and seeing as you're both only a team of two it's very akin to what many other people do here. I hope this helps somewhat and have fun in game, just be creative with whatever decision you make and I'm sure it'll be perfectly fine. :)

Will try that out and see how it goes, Terrance has a walkie talkie currently!

You can arrange an OOC meeting and hang out in TS, people do that all the time. When you come across other people, you are expected to RP with them instead of just talking in TS though.

You can arrange an OOC meeting and hang out in TS, people do that all the time. When you come across other people, you are expected to RP with them instead of just talking in TS though.

I get you :) Thanks for the help!

(again) :D

/Solving