Server time (UTC): 2020-11-30, 22:53
Sign in to follow this  
TmRwilson

Hero or Bandit?

As said many times before, when it comes to "Role-play" there is no: "Hero/Bandit". It's not straight forward black and white.

A good role-play character has both characteristics of a "hero" and a "bandit". Let's take an example from the clans that used to roam this server (I'll use CLF, because it's a clan that I used to be part of). As a CLF member, none Chernarussian ("foreigners") would see you as a "bandit". Yet, the Chernarussians people would see you as a "Hero".

One of the aspects can be more dominant, but you shouldn't go full on "bandit/hero".

When i first started playing DayZ in 2012 i always pplayed like a hero, but when i joined this community ive changed into a bandit ;)

With SA, play as a normal civilian that is still adjusting. The lore says that the infection was recent.

guys do i have to apply for whitelist?

You have to be whitelisted to play on the servers so yes

guys do i have to apply for whitelist?

In the future, please refrain from asking questions on random threads. As Jack said, you can fill out your whitelist here http://www.dayzrp.com/whitelist Now back on topic.

Guest Josh Adams

It always depends on the situation. If I like the "victime" I'll help him. But if he isn't that sympathic, he will feel my power!

Given that the subject is Hero/Bandito - is there a pure "hero" clan for want of a better word? A clan that works to help people, feed them and defend them from those that rob and kill?

I prefer to play as an hero, because its just too easy as a bandit shooting and robbing everybody.

I prefer to play as an hero, because its just too easy as a bandit shooting and robbing everybody.

If it were only that easy ;D

It honestly depends on your style of play, for me personally, if you play a 'Hero' you typically defend complete strangers from aggressors at your own risk, you provide assistance where you can to survivors and tend to also hunt bandit groups in order to indirectly protect someone from them. This is the typical ironclad hero that I prefer to play, it gives me a smile on my face to know that some random guy I just met just got a gun and ammo and can adequately defend themselves.

Not true bud ;)

Not true bud ;)

Oh come on - it's INCREADIBLY easy to be a bandit - all you have to do is like any coward hide behind numbers or simply lie and abuse the trust of others.

Being a HERO - lowering your gun trusting people you've just met - now THATS the hard path that all true heroes tread...

Not true bud ;)

Oh come on - it's INCREADIBLY easy to be a bandit - all you have to do is like any coward hide behind numbers or simply lie and abuse the trust of others.

Being a HERO - lowering your gun trusting people you've just met - now THATS the hard path that all true heroes tread...

You couldn't be more wrong. Bandits have to provide great rp and often juggle that with staying focused in a firefight when the victim's friends or a Good Samaritan show up to kill the bandits. They also have to work knowing the slightest fuck up means a report and a high chance of them being banned. It is far from easy being a bandit. We are held to a much higher standard with everything we do.

Not true bud ;)

You couldn't be more wrong. Bandits have to provide great rp and often juggle that with staying focused in a firefight when the victim's friends or a Good Samaritan show up to kill the bandits. They also have to work knowing the slightest fuck up means a report and a high chance of them being banned. It is far from easy being a bandit. We are held to a much higher standard with everything we do.

Thought good samarita isn't allowed yet 0o

Otherwise both are hard.

As hero you can often get in traps and as bandit, many people will try to kill you. In both you often risk your life.

Im on the hero-side :)

A little bit of this, and a little bit of that

Thought good samarita isn't allowed yet 0o

Otherwise both are hard.

As hero you can often get in traps and as bandit, many people will try to kill you. In both you often risk your life.

Im on the hero-side :)

The old gs rule is gone, but the people trying to save the hostage could always just initiate on the bandits.