Server time (UTC): 2020-11-27, 08:22
Sign in to follow this  
deafmute

Unanswered Prayers

Rev. Devid Propovednik stood before an overflowing sanctuary. Sweat dripped from his brow as he attempted to assuage the fears of these lost sheep. Many of these frightened faces were normal members of the Reverend's congregation, but at least as many more were new faces. People driven into the loving arms of the savior by the demons that had taken to the streets these past few days.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. psalm 23:4" Devid paused. "And he healed many who were sick with various diseases, and cast out many demons. And he would not permit the demons to speak, because they knew him. Mark 1:34" Clearing his throat he began again. "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isiah 41:10" Devid paused to let the words sink in. "God has saved man from many evils, this... plague will be no different. Have faith and.."

A stir in the crowd broke the Reverend from his speech. A man had fallen to the ground and was shaking uncontrollably. "Get back, Give me room." Devid rushed to the mans side. holding his hands tightly to his head he began to pray. Many of the other members of his congregation joined in together the group laid hands on the man. After a moment the man finally stilled. A voice cried out in the crowd, "Hallelujah!"

Reverend Devid sighed in relief. The events that followed occurred to fast for Devid to even react. A blood curdling scream escaped the lips of the man laying on the ground. A blur of movement and he had latched onto a woman kneeling next to him. Blood sprayed from the open artery as teeth rent into the woman's neck.

Devid didn't even move as chaos erupted around him. Guns shots rang out in the house of the Lord, and he watched in horror as the man didn't go down. Instead he kept on, thrashing, clawing, and biting. It was then That Devid realized. This wasn't a plague. These people weren't possessed. No... these people were already dead.

A single verse bubbled into the preacher's mind. Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy! For your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the dead. Isiah 26:19.

This was the end of the world.

:o

Very nice and gruesome.

Well-written. :)

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. I can't wait to get this guy into Chenarous, I just have to get this glitch with my whitelist to resovle :/

Sounds like an interesting character I like the description. Religious characters like this awe always fun to watch develop. You know eventually they'll break a commandment etc. looking forward to seeing this character in game.

Guest ReidMachineLG

Wow really well written sounds cool how are you going to "play it out" in the server will go give food to the needy and protect those who need it or kill in the name of the lord?

Thanks, it will definitely be interesting to see how this character develops I am not entirely sure how he will deal with the zombies themselves as for him those are the people who have been Risen by god, but yea his focus will definitely not be anything violent.

Sign in to follow this