Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 04:28

Declaring War

I'm not in a clan but I think it would be cool if clans could declare war on each other. By declare I still mean both/all clans should agree to the war. The war/wars would begin with 1 clan having some sort of conflict with another in game.

This would mean the clans involved would have KOS rights ONLY on each other. Now with the implementation of rMod I understand that clan members would have to have their assigned uniforms on. That way if a random guy walks in between the firefight on accident then the clans know he is not in the fight. Therefor the excuse of "wrong place wrong time" is LESS of a factor. But not completely eliminated.

To end the war a meeting would have to happen in game to come to some sort of peace agreement. The agreement would last until a conflict would break that agreement.

Thoughts?

Edit: DayZ RP Mod, not rMod. Sowwey

Well I mean that could work but why don't you just go to any of the PCB and fight it out over that piece of land? It's alot safer for the rest of those who aren't involved in the fighting. Sure it would not be intended but alot of complications can arise for those situations. I mean many clans travel with people who aren't actually in the clan.

• MVP

I'm not in a clan but I think it would be cool if clans could declare war on each other. By declare I still mean both/all clans should agree to the war. The war/wars would begin with 1 clan having some sort of conflict with another in game.

This would mean the clans involved would have KOS rights ONLY on each other. Now with the implementation of rMod I understand that clan members would have to have their assigned uniforms on. That way if a random guy walks in between the firefight on accident then the clans know he is not in the fight. Therefor the excuse of "wrong place wrong time" is LESS of a factor. But not completely eliminated.

To end the war a meeting would have to happen in game to come to some sort of peace agreement. The agreement would last until a conflict would break that agreement.

Thoughts?

This is already happening.

rMod aint going to be implemented, its DayzRP mod. A very own custom build, with clan skins etc etc...

Guest Viriato

Clan Wars, I approve of this message. It would make clan diplomacy gain another layer of importance.

But I don't think that it should be consesual. IRL, if one country declares war to another there will be fighting even if one side doesnt want to fight. I only think there should be given some time given between the declaration of war and the hostilities, 12 ou 24h. That would be to prevent situations like "i just saw clan X on the game, I'm going to the website to declare war and I'm going to kill them right now".

Another reason I think clanwars should happen even if one side doesnt want to is because that would make diplomacy even more important. Things like "yes, we will make peace if our demands are respected"; or clans looking for help because a bigger clan is threatening them would give another dimension to the gameplay.

I really like this idea.

Clan Wars, I approve of this message. It would make clan diplomacy gain another layer of importance.

But I don't think that it should be consesual. IRL, if one country declares war to another there will be fighting even if one side doesnt want to fight. I only think there should be given some time given between the declaration of war and the hostilities, 12 ou 24h. That would be to prevent situations like "i just saw clan X on the game, I'm going to the website to declare war and I'm going to kill them right now".

Another reason I think clanwars should happen even if one side doesnt want to is because that would make diplomacy even more important. Things like "yes, we will make peace if our demands are respected"; or clans looking for help because a bigger clan is threatening them would give another dimension to the gameplay.

I really like this idea.

It's to prevent griefing. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a tad bit of realism so we can still be in any clan we wish and enjoy the game unpestered unless by our own choice.

I really like this idea.

It's to prevent griefing. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a tad bit of realism so we can still be in any clan we wish and enjoy the game unpestered unless by our own choice.

Yes, they have to agree to the war or else it would be total mayhem all over the server and no fun for anyone. Most of us come here for the KOS, but I believe in KOS for certain aspects of the game. Thats why Im introducing this aspect.