Server time: 2017-08-23, 06:29

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
MisterMartijn

Change the teamspeak DayZRP rooms to frequencies

It would be cool to have radio frequencies like '80.6' instead of 'Room 1' and so on.

It would also be more in character to give others the radio frequency you tuned your radio on.

Thoughts?

Or just do this ;). *hands a note saying 86.6*//ooc room 1

This ^

It's been done like this for a long time now, no need in changing it. Nice idea though :)

This ^

It's been done like this for a long time now, no need in changing it. Nice idea though :)

I don't agree, just because something has been around for a long time doesn't mean that it shouldn't be changed/improved.

OOC chat should be used as little as possible imo.

Hmm, sure I could be up for changing some of them to frequencies but not all of them.

This ^

I don't agree, just because something has been around for a long time doesn't mean that it shouldn't be changed/improved.

Teamspeak is OOC (usually). You have to tab out and join it, is that realistic? no. So does it really matter?

Owen    13

Pretty good idea to be honest. Would actually mean that if someone could write down a frequency that they could join/find in TS.

This ^

If you want to keep things IC then why got on TS? Sometimes if someone asks me if I have a radio (When they want me to join a TS channel) I say no because I want to stay taking IG so it doesn't break immersion.

This ^

If you want to keep things IC then why got on TS? Sometimes if someone asks me if I have a radio (When they want me to join a TS channel) I say no because I want to stay taking IG so it doesn't break immersion.

I want to keep this game as much IC as possible. I know not everything can be IC, but TS is currently the closest thing we have to a radio in the mod and standalone.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

What? Clan channels or public channels?

I think quite a lot of clan channels already have a numbah numbah dot numbah ooc open comms channel.

Public channels with frequency should be okay, but they should be forced IC for everyone in it, to get good roleplay on TS too.

I think quite a lot of clan channels already have a numbah numbah dot numbah ooc open comms channel.

Public channels with frequency should be okay, but they should be forced IC for everyone in it, to get good roleplay on TS too.

Both.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Both.

Nah, clan channels shouldn't be forced to be a IC radio channel. Leave that up to the channel admins.

Caesar    438

Its would mainly be a cosmetic change. I don't think it is entirely necessary.

We didn't need it for the public channels through mod, not sure it is really required either.

SatansNightOut    105

Maybe we can keep the Room numbers, but add frequencies in parenthesis?

IE:

Room 1 (90.1)

Room 2 (90.5)

or whatever? Idk.

I agree it's cosmetic, but it could be neat to actually have assigned frequencies to give people in-game. While LOTS of people do go OOC in TS3, there are those of us who do use it as an IC radio. :)

Maybe someone can go turn on a radio IRL and flip through frequencies, finding ones that come in clear, and writing them down, and assigning each to a room to make it "realistic"...

Just speculating. :)

What if on a frequency someone ran a broadcast or something? Like music or a talk show?

That is possible, but that isn't really related to the topic. We use to have radio shows in the Radio Chatter section a good while back, but it wasn't really a live thing.

OT: Would be nice to have, I like Crimsons idea of having the frequency number next to the room number. Is this completely necessary? No, but it'd be pretty cool and useful to have. It's gonna probably take us maybe 30 minutes to change the channel names, maybe less.

mushrocks    0

Also I'm still confused about Walkie-Talkies in game right now, do they work mapwide or only in a small distance like real life?

Also I'm still confused about Walkie-Talkies in game right now, do they work mapwide or only in a small distance like real life?

they work up to like 1km away i think any distance after that you either cant hear them or static interupts what they are saying similar to that of a certain mod used in arma 2 and 3.

however currently the walkie-talkies dont actually work not sure if they have been fixed for the next patch

Smith    1

they work up to like 1km away i think any distance after that you either cant hear them or static interupts what they are saying similar to that of a certain mod used in arma 2 and 3.

however currently the walkie-talkies dont actually work not sure if they have been fixed for the next patch

Someone mentioned that later in the devmap they intend to have longer ranged radios in the game, can't remember who told me that though.

But yeah currently the walkie-talkies are only good over short distances.

Someone mentioned that later in the devmap they intend to have longer ranged radios in the game, can't remember who told me that though.

I believe long range ones I heard were coming in at a later date. Would need to ask Tam, he would know these things xD

Tamaster92    14

I believe long range ones I heard were coming in at a later date. Would need to ask Tam, he would know these things xD

Correct :)

I don't know any specifics but there will be longer range radios. They rely on the new sound system so :)

I can easily see a backpack radio for whole map coverage, similar to the backpack tent in experimental atm

Prins073    0

Maybe we can keep the Room numbers, but add frequencies in parenthesis?

IE:

Room 1 (90.1)

Room 2 (90.5)

or whatever? Idk.

I agree it's cosmetic, but it could be neat to actually have assigned frequencies to give people in-game. While LOTS of people do go OOC in TS3, there are those of us who do use it as an IC radio. :)

Maybe someone can go turn on a radio IRL and flip through frequencies, finding ones that come in clear, and writing them down, and assigning each to a room to make it "realistic"...

Just speculating. :)

agreed! sounds like a wonderfull idea