Server time: 2017-10-22, 03:09
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Tomeran

Leaving staff

Tomeran    3

Omg fuck staf-

Nah.

In contrast to SumoS's thread, im writing a boring srs one. And of course, a much bigger one. Wouldnt be a Tomeran thread without a huge wall of text.

gCof9Ke.gif

Me and SumoS, ridin' together, leavin' together. Having adequate facial hair together. But he has less, so he's Jessie.

No srsly couldnt have done this job without him, he's my brah.

Its been a fun couple of years. Ever since I joined staff back in 2012 I've had the time of my life (*add soundtrack here*) even if at times its been a royal pain in the arse.

Unfortunetly I eventually got tired of the job and in the end neither me nor SumoS, for our own respective reasons, felt compelled enough to continue doing our loremaster work.

Sorry to say, there is no singular "Omg Rolle suxx" or "I was fired for my opinion!"-reason there. We left voluntarily.

Why? Well, I can summarize some of the main reasons on why I left(I'll let SumoS explain his reasons if he sees fit, but iirc they were RL related) so there isnt some misunderstandings there.

The loremaster job more and more started to feel stale and dull, and frankly very pointless. I also felt my urge to make frequent big events for the mod to dissipate quickly as my interest in the mod had all but vanished. As a loremaster it was my job to do stuff for the mod and I felt no interest in it anymore, at all. Standalone seemed like the way forward and the mod in comparison at this point was a stale old bitter anchor holding me down.

There's also the fact that I wanted to enjoy the game itself more, find more time to actually play. I've let TOR down lately in that regard and I figured I'd cut loose to get myself more time for myself to do what I want to do. The SA UN clan is such an example.

Then there's RL reasons, and other minor ones, and bla bla bla. Truth of it is that there's a whole myriad of them. None of them being "Rolle suxx" or "staff suxx". Im going to genuinly miss working with them, after 2 years it was hard to leave.

Just to spell it out though: Im not leaving the community, I just left staff.

So what about the lore? Both loremasters are now gone!

The SA lore is already "done" to a point, but I've talked to Rolle and fortunetly I can still work on the lore, bit by bit, even with not being a loremaster or in staff. So my lorewriting work will not necessarily stop. My group approval work will however.

Rolle's exact plan on replacing the loremasters I dont know, but it has been discussed that CH's and Mod's will be taking over the group idea approval process(as a team), or possibly some other solution. If that's the path chosen then it seems likely that loremasters will cease to exist as a staff rank.

In the end, only Rolle can provide you with the solid the answer on that.

...and that's about it. TLDR? Well, no TLDR. Fuck ya'll ya lazy bastards if ya cant be bothered to read this. :(

:Tomeran: :Tomeran: :Tomeran: :Tomeran: :Tomeran:

Me and SumoS, ridin' together, leavin' together. Having adequate facial hair together. But he has less, so he's Jessie.

No srsly couldnt have done this job without him, he's my brah.

pinkman-bitch2.gif

o7 Was a pleasure working with you man.

I don't like doing big long serious goodbyes.

Ancalagon    0

RIP in pepperonies Tomeran.

You were a great loremaster ^^

The 2 Events i took part in were great, as well as your Wall of Texts and your willingness to discuss certain topics.

I also guess that many Clans appreciated yours and Sumos feedback. You will be missed :P

Muntz    3

Much love Tomeran. Both of you have contributed insane amounts of time and effort to this community. It literally wouldn't be the same without you guys.

o/

Mikachu    26

Will miss you both. The mod/SA wouldn't be what it is without you. Keep yourselves safe and I love you both <3

Also Tomeran

ojCQSAm.gif

Dougie    23

Not necessarily a bad thing. Can't wait to see you IG and great work with everything you've done! :D

Mellstrom    21

o7, legends among men...

Tomeran    3

Finally.

ehehe

omg fu. Pistols at dawn, ya twat.

Hofer    20

About time you left. Been pushing for your removal for ages but Rolle was too scared you would drive to Malmö and kick his ass.

Fite me, noob.

:troll:

GingerHippo    4

I've not been in staff too long compared to you but with speaking to you and having some discussions with you, it's been a very nice time being part of staff with you and getting to know you. You and SumoS have been the heart of the DayZRP Mod and SA at that due to your endless work towards having the best groups being accepted to help with RP and the aspect of the mod and also by writing the lore and expanding on what it was before you were Loremasters.

o7 Both of you, you'll be missed!

Also, hope you still enjoy that icon of the beard that I made for you some time ago :D

vivallion    4

I thought shit was going down before this, hopefully we'll get some interested writers out then! SEND THOSE STAFF APPS PPL:

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

At least there's no more vomit-green on the forums anymore :)

Mush    2

o7 Tomeran.

Great man, great ideas and a great work ethic.

You were a pleasure to work with on the events, thank you!

Major Tom    88

So I guess you win the award for longest serving staff member? (Other than Rolle himself)

Sad to see you go, but happy to see it was for good reasons and not something silly. Stay safe my friend.

Smith    1

Sad to hear this but the reasons are entirely understandable. Hopefully we see a the UNPK around, still!