Server time: 2017-08-23, 00:53

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shadow

**KoS Alert Thread**

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

So this thread is pretty straight forward, with our lack of admin tools for the standalone server a few people in this community think its fun to KoS others for no reason completely disregarding the rules of the community.

As this is happening so frequently I figured we should have an official thread dedicated to sending OOC alerts to players that actually want to role play (yes some people do!).

In short; this thread is dedicated to alerting people of WHERE and WHEN KoS is happening. If you get KoS'd report it to this thread so fellow players are atleast warned of areas to not travel to when the wasteland kiddies are having happy triggers.

PLEASE NOTE: This thread is dedicated to discussing WHERE and WHEN KoS is happening, not WHY it is happening. That discussion is meant for another thread!

Just post:

Date:

Time:

Suspect info(if any)

ANY feedback/suggestions about this thread are welcomed!

Mick    8

I love this idea as I've been KOS'd multiple times now.

I'll definitely keep track of this and when I get KOS'd again I'll post it here!!

[video=youtube]

I'm hoping that those caught get a permaban from SA, the mod and the community. Then maybe the shit will stop.

Glenn    10

I would still love it that when they can see the logs that they will keep it a secret and permaban them instantly. :troll:

Clammy    0

I'm hoping that those caught get a permaban from SA, the mod and the community. Then maybe the shit will stop.

Rolle already said that would happen, but people still continue to do it. Sad.

Grihm    16

A quick tip for all.

As soon as you start to suspect things may be about to happen, or if you encounter people in a strange situation, take a screenshot of all players online. I don´t know if you can access this list when at the your are dead screen, but all those pictures of namelists can also help with reports since you get an idea on who was online at that time.

Make it a habbit folks.

Chris    61

Indeed, our tools are limited at the moment, but we have still managed to catch several rulebreakers on SA. The more evidence thatyou can gather, the better.

Chriss    1

What happend to your friend after he killed you ?

If he revenge your dead and manage to kill theKoS-guy, he could look on his identity

Otherwise making a screenshot of the name-list would be also an idea

Krackerman    17

[attachment=1428]Think I just got KoS'd in the far West at the building site just SW of Vavilovo - was just minding my own business, checking some loot and BAM - YOU ARE DEAD - will post pick of punters online if it helps.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

Hear any gunshots at all or footsteps? Or even see people in the area?

Its possible you were shot and the sound file glitched and you just didn't hear it too.

Moxy    19

6d74fef13b.jpg

This guy, Vybor military tents. Had no pants, waved to my friend then shot him to death. Blatant KOS. got a hit but did not kill him, he ran around then logged I think.

Krackerman    17

Hear any gunshots at all or footsteps? Or even see people in the area?

Its possible you were shot and the sound file glitched and you just didn't hear it too.

Nope no sound nothing. I assumed a headshot...

Glenn    10

Record and post, people recognize voices.

Just go trough ts who are in game maybe you hear the voice, on that moment it is show time.

If you can get close enough you can check pulse and get a name, not sure if there's any animation or notification to the opposite player

Also to the guy who got instakilled, where you on a higher floor? Last night I've almost died twice to randomly taking lots of leg damage, breaking legs, ruining pants, shoes and all inside. But when I had the glitch months ago in the same location, it would instakill me

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

Needless to say Olsha has had a large KoS spree reported in the last 24 hours, recommend to avoid the area for a few days!

Zelenogorsk also had a lone wolf KoSer using a assault rifle approximately one hour before this post.

STAY SAFE OUT THERE!!!

A quick tip for anyone who want to help staff solve reports more easily

Whenever you meet someone in-game, if you're close enough you can scroll on that person and click "check pulse" that will show you the persns name in the bottom corner, it doesn't put you in an animation

However don't forget that you cannot use that information gained by checking his pulse IC'ly, this is all OOC'ly but will help staff greatly when a report is made

Also clothing and weapons carried, incase ya can't get a name

Sadly that won't help us that much, it's definitely something but the best we can get is video evidence.

Guest GreenGod   
Guest GreenGod

I've heard rumors of a man and woman (Both are men and use male voices) Who will continue to talk oocly. When you start to type oocly and do the wiggle thing they will use that opportunity to shoot you. If you meet this duo be very cautious.

the little cowards that are purposely Kosing people in standalone because they think they are safe from caught, will get caught and will be permanently removed from the community.

If you see it then try to record, get their name and report and gone they go.

Chriss    1

What i do, is running Shadowplay from Nvidia in the background, so when you press a key you can save a video of up to 20mins before it. If you have no Nvidia-card, Fraps would also work. So at least you can remember how he looked like or the name-list when you opend it before.

Unknown Entity    126

Recording with OBS lowers the fps by much less than fraps in my experience (I don't even notice the 5fps drop). And it's free plus easy to set up for quick recordings.

What i do, is running Shadowplay from Nvidia in the background, so when you press a key you can save a video of up to 20mins before it. If you have no Nvidia-card, Fraps would also work. So at least you can remember how he looked like or the name-list when you opend it before.

Does shadow play affect fps much? Mines already pretty bad at times

Chriss    1

Does shadow play affect fps much? Mines already pretty bad at times

Mine too but there aren´t really less frames, also you have the option to show a fps-counter, so you can see if they are going down. I have mostly 20-30fps and it doesn´t really change anything..