Server time: 2017-10-20, 14:28
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
DJREX

Dayzrp report mentality

DJREX    0

Okay so before I get started here I would just like to state this is my opinion I am not correct nor wrong I just fell this way. Now that is out of the way I can start.

Okay so the Idea of this is to state that a lot of people that I have heard recently only want to or only feel they report people or get reported if the said person doesn't come out on top aka after a firefight. It shows in almost all the reports when people say " I understand that you are mad you lost the fire fight and that is the reason for the report". That is what most people feel but in my opinion it isn't. I know myself and friends will only post a report if they feel they have lost the chance at rp or blatantly a rule was broken. And that is the only time there should be a report. If you want to break the rules not role-play or follow the guidelines of the servers either take a break go somewhere else or stop playing for a while. Anyways it would be nice to see other peoples opinions and yes opinions no one is ever right in these situations. *rant over*

Bulld0g    0

Agreed. A report is just to find the truth behind a rule break. Not because someone lost or won.

enar21    1

Apparently everyone's innocent.

I think that this will never change. There is a lot of people who get mad when things doesn't go their way (everyone is innocent here aswell) and reports may go out. I honestly don't see that this will ever change.

Stuff like this happens everywhere, not only on forums, and it will always be like that. Instead of complaining about it try to get people to like you without being a hero and you may experience less situations like what you describe.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

AKA = also known as

Just thought you should know.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

Seriously?

Can you expand on your opinion?

Wow man, Jamma has a condition that he can only give opinions in a single word. Be a bit more considerate next time, eh?

Cid    333

It would also be nice if people stopped blindly robbing people and if people stopped being pointlessly aggressive at all times, but we can't always get what we want. If people are actually reporting people because they lose a firefight they should probably take a step back from the game and do something calming. Or everyone can stop firefighting and roleplay. That works too.

DJREX    0

Should add this but if anyone has a problem with what I said please pm and we can talk about it instead of making drama for everyone else thank you.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Hypocritical thread really isn't it ?

Jamma    4

Seriously?

Can you expand on your opinion?

Wow man, Jamma has a condition that he can only give opinions in a single word. Be a bit more considerate next time, eh?

True

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Well opinions were wanted here's mine. It is wrong to report people just because you lost a fight it's called being, I hate using this term but here goes, 'butthurt'. A report should only be made if a rule was broken. To be honest it's natural to sometimes be mad if you die it happens to me all the time.

But seriously Igor after last night and the reports that went up you really shouldn't have posted this unless your criticising members of your own group.

Just my opinion.

Bulld0g    0

Could we have a serious discussion? No?

Instead of popcorn gifs and one word answers....

DJREX    0

Can you go into more detail please because if you are speaking about myself then you should look into it I have not written a report from the result of a fire fight. That is quite ignorant to say something like that. (using the correct definition of that word which is to say or do something without knowledge)

Vector    0

Firstly Reports start as report discussions and should be used that way, alot of the time the OP may not be 1005 sure a rule has been broken and will open the discussion to gain clarification on the situation before deciding what to do next. Yes sometimes it seems lots of people are posting them in a short space of time but that will happen from time to time, as long as people use the discussions to obtain clarification on a situation then there is really no issue in my mind. I personally feel the the discussion section is being use effectively the majority of the time.

Secondly I feel this thread may become something of a flame fest and may be best laid to rest ( that is my opinion )

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

People are too quick to spot slight flaws in other's actions yet are too arrogant to see any fault of their own. Nothing can be done, people are people. People also need to understand that not all report discussions are made for the sole purpose of a punishment ensuing. The forum is called "Report discussions" after all.

gr1ves    3

Can you go into more detail please because if you are speaking about myself then you should look into it I have not written a report from the result of a fire fight. That is quite ignorant to say something like that. (using the correct definition of that word which is to say or do something without knowledge)

Well opinions were wanted here's mine. It is wrong to report people just because you lost a fight it's called being, I hate using this term but here goes, 'butthurt'. A report should only be made if a rule was broken. To be honest it's natural to sometimes be mad if you die it happens to me all the time.

But seriously Igor after last night and the reports that went up you really shouldn't have posted this unless your criticising members of your own group.

Just my opinion.

DJREX    0

-snip-

I see where you are coming from and to say it now. Unless I was the one writing the report i.e me being the op, then 80% of the time i do not share the opinion of it if I was involved or knew it would not go well and was smart enough to stay away from it unless a friend requested my post on it or my POV was needed.