Server time: 2017-10-22, 08:29
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Stradic

Ideas to increase player base

Stradic    286

Hi All,

So it may just be me but it looks as though the amount of players playing the mod version of DayZRP has been slowly declining which is sad considering in my personal opinion RP has been the best expansion to come out for DayZ. So I recently came up with a few ideas I had as to how we may possibly bring new/old players into DayZRP:

1- I thought it may be a good way to get the community together if a competition were to be held on who could create the best trailer for DayZRP with either donation points being awarded to the top three or in game items to be won in return.

2- Player recommendation, so what I mean by this is that when people apply to join the server if they were recommended by another player they would write down that persons name on the application forum with the player who recommended the mod being awarded some donation points in return however that person must first have the application approved and played a certain amount of hours before they are to receive those donation points.

3- I know this idea will more then likely get a lot of negativity but maybe contact some YouTuber's (preferably those with a high subscription base) and ask if they could give DayZRP a go and post some videos of their experience with the mod.

4- I am not 100% sure on this but I have been told that custom Arma 2 maps exist in which DayZ can operate on, so maybe having a change of scenery may entice people to come check the mod out.

Basically my idea is to try and promote the mod to a wider audience of DayZ players who are tired of having people simply kill on sight and would like to see a different side of how the mod can be played.

So yea these are basically the ideas I have come up with for now but if you have any ideas please feel free to share them.

KpopKilla    74

A lot of us have been playing this game for 2+ years, playing the same old map and basic mod. Most people are moving on to SA or Arma3 mods. The only way in my opinion to keep the mod server going is to remake it in Arma3. Easier said than done though.

Wunsleh    10

number 3 is the best bet.

Thumper    0

I have already contacted a few SA youtubers. But the ones I contacted are adults, have a good adult viewers. I'd rather keep away from PSI-fanbois this time. No offense to PSI, but he has alot of younger viewers.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

We need more people on the mod, SA doesn't need a boost currently.

Rolle    2964

This. Although it's difficult to promote something old and overused when a new and shiny version is available :) Ideas are always welcome of course.

Bring back TP perhaps, that brought quite a few players into the server for safe campfire RP?

Thumper    0

This. Although it's difficult to promote something old and overused when a new and shiny version is available :) Ideas are always welcome of course.

Bring back TP perhaps, that brought quite a few players into the server for safe campfire RP?

With a rule rework...possibly. Opening day of TP was simply hell. Though killing a few people that day, did put a huge smile on my face.

McDugals    39

A new Event would do the server well.

Harry    18

Pls no the same thing will repeat it selfs.

And people will camp in the tp forever showing off

there great gear.. I would suguest the youtube thingy

or maybe make a new up to date trailer. To draw in some new people.

Rolle    2964

Only temporarily, for the duration of the event. It won't boost the player numbers on the regular S1 server.

That's not a bad thing, is it? It increases the player activity on the server, RP and interactions, exactly what we want. YouTubers are all good, but I don't think any of them still actively play the DayZ mod, most have moved to ArmA3/Standalone.

McDugals    39

there great gear.. I would suguest the youtube thingy

or maybe make a new up to date trailer. To draw in some new people.

Our only issue with the Youtuber suggestion is that they might get discouraged by the low numbers. It's a great idea but there are a few things that can cause it to back fire.

Risen Paul    0

Maybe someone could figure out an event that includes Solace, TP, the new B-17 settlement and is afterwards used for propaganda like youtube :D (or even stream it live?)?

This way everybody should become aware of the recent updates, what might pull some old and new players.

McDugals    39

Maybe someone could figure out an event that includes Solace, TP, the new B-17 settlement and is afterwards used for propaganda like youtube :D (or even stream it live?)?

This way everybody should become aware of the recent updates, what might pull some old and new players.

I actually suggested that but everyone thought i was stoned....

Grihm    16

Could this not be the perfect time to start promote an event taking place on the extra server in Dec?

When the council was brought down, it was awesome to see the chopper land and the marine that had the briefing outside the tradepost. " The possible timeframe " of a month on this not yet known "mission" could offer a great deal to start with.

Harry    18

Only temporarily, for the duration of the event. It won't boost the player numbers on the regular S1 server.

That's not a bad thing, is it? It increases the player activity on the server, RP and interactions, exactly what we want. YouTubers are all good, but I don't think any of them still actively play the DayZ mod, most have moved to ArmA3/Standalone.

Yes and no. Sure it gives more rp and interactions. But remember one the reasons why the tp got removed, was because people only and only were hanging out in the tp. And nowhere else. If you really want to bring it back than i would propose to bring only back in the weekends. Like it was before. And maybe the return of the council :-3

Grihm    16

I would love for a tradehub that was on the move and only set up small camps for trading for perhaps 1 to a few hours at the time. Could be pre determined stops along a route as well.

The tradepost could be opened with restrictions to only trade and no loitering. If people want to camp out there, then they can be told to do so up the hill. However, it feels like if people want to be able to sit around for at least some time and just sit, they should be able to do so without having to relocate to the far end of the map where the area turns to just flat nothing. Not saying sitting around for 24/7, but some time.

Rolle    2964

That's not the reason TP was removed. People were hanging out all over the map, at peak times TP had 15 players, far from "everyone". This has been confirmed multiple times by me and other admins. TP was removed because people stopped visiting it completely after it was made available only on the weekends, it was no longer attractive as a restricted hotspot.

Grihm    16

That's not the reason TP was removed. People were hanging out all over the map, at peak times TP had 15 players, far from "everyone". This has been confirmed multiple times by me and other admins. TP was removed because people stopped visiting it completely after it was made available only on the weekends, it was no longer attractive as a restricted hotspot.

I say open it again please. There are a number of items and new mechanics to boost tradings as well now and i would love to meet more ppl again than i otherwise do in the middle of the woods.

Time for sales with waterbottles, matches, woodpiles and food =)

I say open it again please. There are a number of items and new mechanics to boost tradings as well now and i would love to meet more ppl again than i otherwise do in the middle of the woods.

I say don't please. With the CTC pretty much out of South Zagoria with only a few guards there at a time, it does not make sense to have a safe zone in the mod, everyone wants a more organic experience, and that isn't it Grihm.

Thumper    0

I say don't please. With the CTC pretty much out of South Zagoria with only a few guards there at a time, it does not make sense to have a safe zone in the mod, everyone wants a more organic experience, and that isn't it Grihm.

Agreed, just mark it down as a failed experiment.

Laurence Taylor    3

I thin i've come up with an idea, not sure how easy it would be to implement but here goes.

We make a set time table, where on every day of the week a different settlement is added.

It would encourage traveling around the map and not just staying in the same region for long periods of time. Each settlement could have one mini event at a set time and then the next day the next settlement would be added and the previous removed.

I guess we could make a timetable of which settlements to be added on which days and also an event idea's thread so that it's not just the same thing every day.

and if once a day is too frequent for a change then every week instead? just something for some variation.

Grihm    16

To say it´s bad because you cannot initiate or start trouble there is no reason at all. Everyone can actually hold their trigger finger in place for a duration of a visit, if not then some people need not attend.

A "safezone" in a humanitarian crisis is as logical as breathing air.

Thumper    0

To say it´s bad because you cannot initiate or start trouble there is no reason at all. Everyone can actually hold their trigger finger in place for a duration of a visit, if not then some people need not attend.

A "safezone" in a humanitarian crisis is as logical as breathing air.

It's fine to have a 'safezone' if that safe zone is in name only, not written in the rules.