Server time: 2017-08-23, 06:22

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
sonytrio1234

0.51 Update: To have cannibalism

This will add to the tension and give the cannibals a real reason to hunt for human flesh. When food is abundant as it is just now, their will come a time when people may be brought to such insanity. In the new 0.51 you can skin and eat dead humans. What are your guys thought on this? Should the dev team implement effects on the character, maybe mental or physical effects?

http://www.dayztv.com/video/dayz-0-51-cannibalism-is-in-skinning-a-body/

Unknown Entity    126

Oh my god. It's finally here.

See you all in hell.

Hex    31

Oh fun, everyone gets to play hannibal lector now.

Happy to see it added, hopefully I wont get eaten.

Chriss    1

And Update 0.52: Crafting with human parts, like improvised skin-backpack? :D

SatansNightOut    105

tumblr_myjqbqnAT81t0demio1_500.gif

TuttiFuckinFruityBaby.gif

But no. Not me this time. :)

The way my character works, i will have to be a few seconds away from death (of starvation) before i would eat human flesh, and yes everyone prepare you're hidey hole!

Oldman    22

Not really important feature to implement for us, since it would be weird if all of the sudden everybody role plays a cannibal. Of course if its your last resort you are not a cannibal, but just trying to survive. Remember the plane crash in the Andes mountains.

Taurz    1

Is this a good RP reason to kill someone. I was hungry.

Can't wait

SatansNightOut    105

This is certainly not for me xD

More reasons to not trust anyone D:

I agreeee, but...

Can you imagine being stuck somewhere, after being robbed (or what-not) and then finding yourself on the verge of death-by-starvation?

No shrubs for berries. No apple trees in sight. No ammo (even if you had a damn gun!) for that delicious, well-ribbed buck prancing off into the treeline.

Cities are picked clean, and you're feeling pretty weak from hunger. You've been stumbling around, trying to eat worms. Ew, but that made you sick... too sick. You had to drink so much water until you purged all those worm guts from your intestines. Awful.

Yet, right there in the middle of the field is a ripe, fresh kill. Probably middle-aged, 35-40 years old, male, Caucasian.

And all you have is that knife.

Your stomach grumbles violently.

But what if your character was LITERALLY on the verge of death? What would they do? Would they literally decide to just drop dead of starvation? Or would they have a reason to live, and therefore commit a very dark, disgusting sin to survive? xD

haha, a rare scenario, but then again... most people SHOULD be self-sufficient enough (;) <3) to find a means of feeding themselves, even when canned food is no-where to be found. The simple fact that people will decide to eat other people won't be because of desperation, but because they consciously made the choice to. o_o

It's really gonna get over the top. Playing with the idea back-when was fun, but yeaaa.. I think I'll stick to fish, beef and canned veggies. :D

Oh, and bacon! Mm...

Tamaster92    14

Tasty.

I shall stick to cans and other means of food! Primarily. But it may get to that point and who knows what i will do if it becomes between me or them?

Owen    13

Hopefully this feature has some major negative effects on you as I don'y want to see everyone doing this. I would only see this as the last option if I had no food. But hopefully they will add something to negate this feature if it is being added.

Edit: That is a good point you have bought up Rolle about what this may bring.

Rolle    2462

I don't understand, why add this feature now? What happened to Rockets vision of no KoS, the item quality system which was implemented for the purpose of reducing KoS? Now he suddenly changes his mind and adds more reasons to KoS other players? Where did that come from? There is already hunting, scavenging, berries and apples, farming and fishing to gather food, why add a mechanic which will give players another reason to kill each other?

This will definitely not be allowed as a valid reason to kill someone on DayZRP unless you are literally moments from dying and there are no other means of acquiring food available at the moment.

KpopKilla    69

This will definitely not be allowed as a valid reason to kill someone on DayZRP unless you are literally moments from dying and there are no other means of acquiring food available at the moment.

RIP legit cannibal RP

Taurz    1

7EZ52ek.gif

To be honest kinda obv that it wasn't going to be allowed

I feel you Rolle. I wouldn't want to lose all my gear cause some guy kinda felt a bit hungry! And it is very contradicting to what Rocket mapped out for dayz in this sense!

Karchev    0

Hmm, I was getting tired of hunting predictable animals.

Time to hunt bigger game....

I don't understand, why add this feature now? What happened to Rockets vision of no KoS, the item quality system which was implemented for the purpose of reducing KoS? Now he suddenly changes his mind and adds more reasons to KoS other players? Where did that come from? There is already hunting, scavenging, berries and apples, farming and fishing to gather food, why add a mechanic which will give players another reason to kill each other?

Did not rocket quit doing dayz?

Tamaster92    14

Rocket NEVER stated he wants no KOS. He in fact loves KOS (to a limit) as it is part of what makes DayZ special. That feeling that everything can be taken away and every player is a possible enemy.

I will point out however this is a very early prototype and will have some serious negative effects once finished.

Some things being looked into are - Constant shaking, seeing things, blurred screen, laughing randomly (destroys stealth and attracts zombies) and also a very high chance of getting ill.

Karchev    0

Making cannibalism RP rules would need something like that the "prey" needsto be handcuffed before you may procees to kill and eat him/her.

Or somekind cannibalism ritual on nearby town, giving the "prey" a change to escape. The prey can't be just "shot", always killed by melee or something. I donno, just throwing some ideas