Server time: 2018-08-19, 09:38

Sign in to follow this  
Dougie

[Guide](WIP) Dougie's Guide to Survival

Thanks for sending me this Dougie! I appreciate this :D The section about the berries helps me a lot, as I always seem to forget which ones are good and eat the wrong ones D:

Fantastic guide Dougie! Coming from a new member of the community, stuff like this is really handy to be able to look at. Some people don't get on with a lot of reading, however this is broken down nicely into easy chapters to follow!

..don't be scared to add more pictures. I could certainly do with some photos of the 2 kinds of berries, so I know what I'm looking for once in-game. This also applies to your other sections, screenshots / artwork just makes things a lot easier to understand your point.

Great work thus far, thank you!

I agree with the one guy about the pictures. Also I think it would be cool if this guide had a map with different safe zones and group territories, and what not, but that might be located elsewhere and I have yet to find it.

I agree with the one guy about the pictures. Also I think it would be cool if this guide had a map with different safe zones and group territories, and what not, but that might be located elsewhere and I have yet to find it.

I am currently working on adding pictures and I appreciate your feedback. I also thought of making a map with "safe" areas and player hotspots marked on it but I think it's way more enjoyable to find out where they are in game by interacting and roleplaying with other players so I doubt I'll make one for that.

As I know how the game works, what not to eat and how to fish/hunt/etc this is a great thing to reference for new players, I'll make sure to pass to some friends,

Wow...this is a very well made guide :)

Good job Dougie!

That is probably one of, if not the, best guide I've seen around. Excellent tool for beginners. I'm a bit shocked someone hasn't stolen it and posted it on reddit or the main forums. Great job.

Upgrade is very nice :) Hope to see this expanded as more features are added to SA!

(maybe add a locking houses/towns + communes section)

Guest Warthog Jetpack

Good post and good effort!

I think I might want to be a trader.

hey bud very useful guide and the links prove helpful, not so new to standalone myself i came here as im tired of the whole "look player gotta shot him before he can see me nevermind speak to me" approach people seem to have on nearly every server, i have a couple of mates who will be joinin up in a week or 2 so ill be sure to point them here as they will be complete dayz virgins so be very usefull for them. cheers

This amused me greatly and you should know that you did a great job on this

This guide is very detailed and on point on getting started in both dayz and dayzRP nice job!

Sign in to follow this