Server time: 2017-08-16, 17:43

Sign in to follow this  

Map for Life server

So this is more of a suggestion/question to the dev team and Rolle.

After watching a PsySyndicate video he mentions that the map that Arma3Life is using is actually a map called Applegate and not Lake View, it's not Arma3Life who have made it, they just changed the name for it.

That got me intrigued since it's a really great map, so I started to look into it and from what I've gathered the makers of the map is more then willing to let other communities use it.

But the problem seem to be that it's not finished and it's quite hard to port it over to Arma3, but it's doable since Arma3Life has done it.

The ground work is there, the terrain is there, that means that we could shape it into our own mod/map.

I'd say that it would take a lot of work for the devs to make this map as good as it can be, but it might be worth it, I mean, if Rolle is serious about an Life server I think this is an valid option.

Applegate

In this video they explain what needs to be done and show what they have.

[video=youtube]

So, just for your consideration.

Yes please. Let's be the FIRST community to have a proper Arma life server plss

Laurence Taylor    3

I agree, if we want to get a a Life server going in the future then i would suggest the devs slowly work on it now and then so that in a few months time when it comes the time that the community ask for a life server then the map will be ready :P ?!

So could we get some feedback opinions on this from the devs and Rolle?

Clammy    0

Arma3Life already beat us to that haha! :P

Arma3Life already beat us to that haha! :P

He said proper as is actual RP life server. After watching videos from multiple people I would hardly call it a real RP server. There is a new free DLC for Arma 3 coming out in a few days talking about chernaraus with zombies and a new prospective. Might just see what thats about. Rumors were saying it will be the standalone map in Arma 3. Or it could be a more updated version for Arma 3 who knows. But it would make for an interesting life map. Also most are already familar with it.

So I guess Rolle and the devs are not interested at all in this??

Bulld0g    0

So I guess Rolle and the devs are not interested at all in this??

If they did use this they would be seen as copying Arma 3 life.

Burgz    6

If they did use this they would be seen as copying Arma 3 life.

Where do you think they got all their stuff from?

Not like it would matter anyway though...

Rolle    2440

ArmA3 Life is already successful, if we use the same map we will just be another "wannabe". I'd prefer to use another map, one that other big communities don't use. It will make us unique and give more appeal to play on our server. Because, if both we and ArmA3 Life host the same map and they already got a stable playerbase on it, where do you think people will play? :)

Currently I'm hyped for ArmA3 Epoch, hopefully we will be able to adapt that system and use a custom map with it, creating a DayZRP Epoch Life server :)

Tamaster92    14

Aye both Sahrani and Panthera just recently released their ARMA 3 ports and are pretty damn good

Rolle    2440

Aye both Sahrani and Panthera just recently released their ARMA 3 ports and are pretty damn good

I love Panthera... Do want!

ArmA3 Life is already successful, if we use the same map we will just be another "wannabe". I'd prefer to use another map, one that other big communities don't use. It will make us unique and give more appeal to play on our server. Because, if both we and ArmA3 Life host the same map and they already got a stable playerbase on it, where do you think people will play? :)

I still think you under estimate the urge for a proper Life RP server, Arma3Life isn't even close to what we have, I would say that NO server has the proper RP we have.

Also, this map is brilliant and it doesn't feel so far away from Chernarus, like I said, the devs have endless possibilities to make it our own map since it's not finished.

You could even take the map and do Epoch RP, that would make it different enough, there isn't that many great maps for RP in my opinion, the closest is Taviana but it's too big, so why not use a great map that is still somewhat rare?

Mori    0

I still think you under estimate the urge for a proper Life RP server, Arma3Life isn't even close to what we have, I would say that NO server has the proper RP we have.

Also, this map is brilliant and it doesn't feel so far away from Chernarus, like I said, the devs have endless possibilities to make it our own map since it's not finished.

You could even take the map and do Epoch RP, that would make it different enough, there isn't that many great maps for RP in my opinion, the closest is Taviana but it's too big, so why not use a great map that is still somewhat rare?

Thing is that no server always has proper RP, not even this. Yes it's true that we have a more enjoyable and professional way of doing RP but it isn't perfect. I do also have to agree with you on that this map is perfect!

Revilo    7

Currently I'm hyped for ArmA3 Epoch, hopefully we will be able to adapt that system and use a custom map with it, creating a DayZRP Epoch Life server :)

DayZRP Epoch Life server? :)