Server time: 2017-10-21, 17:36
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest wookie

when dose everyone play on the server?

Guest wookie   
Guest wookie

so the past like 3 days i was sick and stayed home (yea sucks to be me :D) so i was thinking now i can play on the server and yell and stuff dont need to be quite and type all the time (the reason why i don't really play a lot) so i turned the computer on opened the dayzrp launcher and what do i see only 5/60 players are online well shit... maybe if i wait people will join in? after 20 minutes i come back to see that 2 people have left lol its 3/60 now and the highest ive seen was like 14.. but its mostly like 3-5 people. logged in i log in at like 10am GMT + 2 (9am server time) i guess you all play at around 10 pm? or server time 9pm

Recki    1

People normally play in the evening hours (servertime), but the server get's barely full these days, sadly.

Dougie    23

If you have SA I'd give it a try, seems to be what all the cool kids play these days. Server has a good amount of people the majority of the day.

Wunsleh    10

People normally play in the evening hours (servertime), but the server get's barely full these days, sadly.

Crappy SA server...which it would die out already.

Conor    254

Crappy?

I'll have you know that we are currently number 11 world wide!

760x375http://puu.sh/cNJyV/b0281e391e.png[/img]

Not to mention the next locked sever after us is 34th :P

Guest wookie   
Guest wookie

yes i really dont get why people play that shit..

no camps and no vehicles

Fafnir    38

There is usually around 40 people on the server at peak times, and more on the weekend. But right now quite a few people play standalone. I play both but whenever I go on mod ,I try to make everyone else in my ts channel follow.

Wunsleh    10

Crappy?

I'll have you know that we are currently number 11 world wide!

760x375http://puu.sh/cNJyV/b0281e391e.png[/img]

Not to mention the next locked sever after us is 34th :P

Standalone sucks overall. the fact that groups dont share kos just makes this server even worse.

Mikachu    26

yes i really dont get why people play that shit..

no camps and no vehicles

It has camps.

And its fun as hell and its not a banditfest of stale RP and drop wep ten secs robberies.

Its open and fun to play and actually fresh, thats why :)

Also no it won't die wunsleh, it will likely grow over time as SA gets better and better

Valkerion    0

Standalone sucks overall. the fact that groups dont share kos just makes this server even worse.

Groups do share KOS just not across the entire map...which in itself is stupid anyway.

Dougie    23

Killing people doesn't have to be the center of attention all the time... There's a lot more survivor RP and its a lot more enjoyable for a lot of people, sorry if it's not your cup of tea because you can't share KoS

Wunsleh    10

Killing people doesn't have to be the center of attention all the time... There's a lot more survivor RP and its a lot more enjoyable for a lot of people, sorry if it's not your cup of tea because you can't share KoS

It doesnt make any sense for groups to exist but not be able to help each other out.

SA should have been a lot further down the road, the fact that it is still more then a year away from 1.0 is just pathetic.

kyoto    4

I really love the mod, but it has changed and has become rather stale. The SA server brings new light to DayZRP. I never enjoyed SA until I played on the rp server with some people, and now I go on everyday. I still play the mod and find joy out of it, but sometimes it's just not that enjoyable and I only end up playing for like 15 minutes.

Anyways most of the population plays during the evening usually 40-50 people are on around that time.

Mikachu    26

It doesnt make any sense for groups to exist but not be able to help each other out.

SA should have been a lot further down the road, the fact that it is still more then a year away from 1.0 is just pathetic.

Go make a game in less than two years and i'll agree with you.

Stop being a entitled little kid and enjoy what is there and the fact they let you be a part of the development process. Everytime you launch the game it tells you that IT IS ALPHA. Stop complaining and go look up what that means and how game development works.

On the other note of group KOS, you can help. If you are involved then you can shoot whoever you wish if they deserve it but it's stupid to expect map wide KOS rights. People like you and your attitude is why the SA server is so busy and the mod isn't. Get used it.

-User was warned for this post-

Valkerion    0

They can help each other out though....

You can still help your friends and your group if you are in the area or you know they have had such and such done to them by said person.

I dont see how the ability to "wake up" run 6km and then blast an entire group makes any more sense than what i just said above.

On the other note of group KOS, you can help. If you are involved then you can shoot whoever you wish if they deserve it but it's stupid to expect map wide KOS rights. People like you and your attitude is why the SA server is so busy and the mod isn't. Get used it.

Damn panda got claws today...

Fafnir    38

Forgot to add with some new settlements coming out soon like b17 or ours(soon) there should be a bit more people getting on.

Wunsleh    10

Stop being a entitled little kid and enjoy what is there and the fact they let you be a part of the development process. Everytime you launch the game it tells you that IT IS ALPHA. Stop complaining and go look up what that means and how game development works.

Maybe you should count to ten before going on a flamefit. When they put up an early access game, they should put at least some effort into it instead of keep expanding a game. half the items doesnt work but they dont care. as long as they keep adding stuff it should be fine right?

they need to prioritize their stuff. there's one sole purpose i dont play that crap and tha's because there are so many things broken in it.

Valkerion    0

on topic I believe a lot of the community are currently expierencing the Joys, Hype or the new and shiny update of the SA people still play the Mod Iv known the server to get full quite often recently so it shouldnt be too much of a problem I notice it starts to fill about maybe 7pm server time(GMT+1) from my expierence for both servers.

Wunsleh    10

They can help each other out though....

You can still help your friends and your group if you are in the area or you know they have had such and such done to them by said person.

I dont see how the ability to "wake up" run 6km and then blast an entire group makes any more sense than what i just said above.

I never agreed to people logging in and just start blasting people but that's how it is.

Mikachu    26

Maybe you should count to ten before going on a flamefit. When they put up an early access game, they should put at least some effort into it instead of keep expanding a game. half the items doesnt work but they dont care. as long as they keep adding stuff it should be fine right?

they need to prioritize their stuff. there's one sole purpose i dont play that crap and tha's because there are so many things broken in it.

Again, please go read what Alpha means and how game development works. The game is currently in a phase where you get the core systems up and running, test them for issues and add content until you hit a rough feature freeze ready for move to beta. Once in beta you fix anything broken, polish systems and mechanics and then move to final fixes. Then release.

For a average game which doesn't have to deal with early access this process take anywhere between 2 to 4 years. Being in early access elongates this process but they are actually keeping pace currently which is pretty surprising.

And no, I'm not flaming you. I am giving a opinion which is seemingly shared by quite a few that SA and it's relaxed rules and more survivor focused atmosphere is FUN, and personally a lot more fun than the mod currently is. (Though some cool new stuff is on the way for that so)

Conor    254

I don't see how it is pathetic.... it is an alpha and it is fully playable and enjoyable now.

With any other game you will get a teaser trailer, half way through the dev cycle, a full trailer a few months before release, 'maybe' some sort of multiplayer beta and then bam, the game is out.

With standalone they let people start to play it very early on in the process so of course it seems like it is taking for ever.

Before with other games you have only ever seen the last tiny bit of the development just before release when they get people all hyped up with trailers and what not.

Every time you go on to SA, you click this:

2ebdbf8b71.png

So you can't say that you don't expect things to be broken or missing etc.

lets be honest here guys, the engine or what ever it is they thought they would build the game on is horrible and leads to this hate. They should of used the ArmA 3 engine maybe? The only things DayZ SA has going for it are promises and pretty graphics.

Valkerion    0

lets be honest here guys, the engine or what ever it is they thought they would build the game on is horrible and leads to this hate. They should of used the ArmA 3 engine maybe? The only things DayZ SA has going for it are promises and pretty graphics.

Engine isnt really that bad to be honest its like arma 2.5 its almost the same as Arma 3s to be honest.

To be fair its far less clunky than arma 2 and it feels about as fluid as arma 3 to me anyway.

Optimization is the standalones problem for me however this will be fixed in due time.

Recki    1

I think there is no need to fight about this.

Some people just dont have the same good feeling playing SA, because it misses stuff the mod has, it is buggy on some parts and whatsoever. Some people needed a change from the mod and are now enjoying the SA the way it is.

That's just how things are right now. Sadly, in the long term, the people who enjoy the mod more than SA will lose this battle anyways, because DayZ(mod) itself is dying, and thereby our loved RP mod aswell. Standalone is the future, even though some people will probably stop playing DayZRP because of this (me counted in there aswell), if the RP mod is closed down fully.

Guest wookie   
Guest wookie

if they used the arma 3 engine it would feel like a different game.. it wouldn't have felt like dayz at all.

Sign in to follow this