Server time: 2017-08-19, 07:39

Sign in to follow this  
IAmJackBandit

Message for the RP noobies...

I have been reading the numerous reports about people getting blatantly KOS on the SA server and thought since we have so many new people joining who may not understand how to rp in DayZ and still have that "regular" DayZ mentality, maybe there should be an Admin Message that displays when people join the server, and maybe like two other times, that tells all players that this is an RP server and you cannot just KOS, and then link the website address of the rules...what does everyone else think?

Jm Von Cat    153

Why not? its not like it hurts anyone at all and if it can be done easily why the heck not?

I was having similar thoughts about the newer people, some are admittedly shifty, and sure you could argue that they have read the rules already to be white listed, well, we all know some people really don't read em propper.

Voodoo    357

To join and get whitelisted you have to read the rules and be approved by an admin. I myself don't see the point in adding a message. If you join the DayZRP server be it SA or Mod rules always apply. You shouldn't need a message to tell people that

Unknown Entity    126

I think the staff should make the whitelisting way more strict.

I have bumped into more than one completly new RPers on SA. Some surprisingly good, but most not so. I'm talking about silly notes, non RP, ooc, KoS etc.

What I propose may be a tad too strict, but with no logs on SA, I say the new system should be something like :

1 - Whitelisted, you get access to DayZRP mod, not SA. Sort of like a "trial period".

2 - A couple of weeks later, if no reports (and of course game time), application for SA.

Edit : this would only be until we have logs on SA of course.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

I think we need to tighten the whitelist a bit, far too many incidents are happening with new people who claim they misunderstood the rules.

Mandatory interviews with CHs and such maybe?

DinoB    20

People who KOS on the Standalone server know what they are doing, hence being white-listed. They most likely do it since there is no way of them getting caught without video evidence, which most wont have because of the terrible Dayz optimization.

In my opinion people who KOS and BAD RP on the SA server should be dealt with HARSHLY, and punishments should be more severe then on the mod.

Red    138

People who KOS on the Standalone server know what they are doing, hence being white-listed. They most likely do it since there is no way of them getting caught without video evidence, which most wont have because of the terrible Dayz optimization.

In my opinion people who KOS and BAD RP on the SA server should be dealt with HARSHLY, and punishments should be more severe then on the mod.

Rest assured, when have suitable punishment, we will definitely deal with them appropriately.

It's all a matter of proof really. There are no logs available so we have to rely on cold hard facts that mostly only video evidence can provide.

Unfortunately I believe those who are KoSing will do so no matter what.

As already mentioned these people are still having to do the application to be white listed, it has been stated many times that the same rules apply to SA. They chose to ignore this due to the lack of tools we currently have to prove the rule breaks without having evidence from the community themselves.

Hopefully the KoSing will soon come to an end and we can all get to surviving. :)

Bulld0g    0

I think the staff should make the whitelisting way more strict.

I have bumped into more than one completly new RPers on SA. Some surprisingly good, but most not so. I'm talking about silly notes, non RP, ooc, KoS etc.

What I propose may be a tad too strict, but with no logs on SA, I say the new system should be something like :

1 - Whitelisted, you get access to DayZRP mod, not SA. Sort of like a "trial period".

2 - A couple of weeks later, if no reports (and of course game time), application for SA.

Edit : this would only be until we have logs on SA of course.

I like this.

The application already includes a KOS portion that must be explained in detail to admins satisfaction. Remember we were all new once and we didn't go around KOS'n for the lolz. The rules are clear so people that break them WANT to break them.

The application already includes a KOS portion that must be explained in detail to admins satisfaction. Remember we were all new once and we didn't go around KOS'n for the lolz. The rules are clear so people that break them WANT to break them.

I still go around 'KOS' n for the lolz' just not here:)