Server time: 2017-08-17, 19:21

Sign in to follow this  
Reedyy

With the new basic lore, Groups.

Reedyy    0

EDIT:

Don't look at it as limiting peoples creative integrity. In many ways it gives people a chance to look back, and think "what could I have done better, different, and such to make a group or character better". It allows people to learn from experience and try something new and interesting, just with some experience with the idea. I see nothing wrong with it.

This point is pretty much a mind changer.

I get where you are coming from.

I do believe as long as there is sufficient change then these clans can come back, i just wanted a complete fresh start instead of a repeat, but they aren't exactly "repeats" :).

So we have been given a very basic lore to fit our groups into, and this means that the infection hasn't been there for a while at all, and groups will not exist much or will be made in-game freshly.

I love seeing all the new groups pop up at the moment, so many random and fun ideas that are giving me a fresh roleplay experience.

However, i personally feel (don't hate me for this, but) that groups that were on DayZRP Mod should not be allowed to be simply tweaked slightly to fit an earlier lore, and have the same characters, same members and same goals/reasons/roleplay.

This is simply because i feel SA is a fresh start and is a "clean page" for us to make some new stories, not bring back others in a different form.

Post your views please :)!

Conor    243

So we have been given a very basic lore to fit our groups into, and this means that the infection hasn't been there for a while at all, and groups will not exist much or will be made in-game freshly.

I love seeing all the new groups pop up at the moment, so many random and fun ideas that are giving me a fresh roleplay experience.

However, i personally feel (don't hate me for this, but) that groups that were on DayZRP Mod should not be allowed to be simply tweaked slightly to fit an earlier lore, and have the same characters, same members and same goals/reasons/roleplay.

This is simply because i feel SA is a fresh start and is a "clean page" for us to make some new stories, not bring back others in a different form.

If the groups are being changed to fit in a clean slate, with clean slate characters and goals that fit in with the clean slate to start their story differently from a clean slate I don't see a problem with it.

SatansNightOut    105

While I can see where you're coming from, lots of people feel like this a second chance to redo something that they loved, to re-experience an idea that was so great to them on personal levels.

In some cases, like the return of The Fallen, I can see people tilting their head and going, "But, how...?"

But you can't limit player's creative integrity, even if they are recycling old ideas. :P

Reedyy    0

If the groups are being changed to fit in a clean slate, with clean slate characters and goals that fit in with the clean slate to start their story differently from a clean slate I don't see a problem with it.

While I can see where you're coming from, lots of people feel like this a second chance to redo something that they loved, to re-experience an idea that was so great to them on personal levels.

In some cases, like the return of The Fallen, I can see people tilting their head and going, "But, how...?"

But you can't limit player's creative integrity, even if they are recycling old ideas. :P

Good points, but still i just think it will be a much better roleplay experience if everyone is not limiting their creative integrity, surely this is done by not recycling old ideas.

And Connor, yes if they fit all these options it can take place but i think outside of the rules it's just not the same as the fresh start i was quite excited about when groups started popping up.

Rick    19

Don't look at it as limiting peoples creative integrity. In many ways it gives people a chance to look back, and think "what could I have done better, different, and such to make a group or character better". It allows people to learn from experience and try something new and interesting, just with some experience with the idea. I see nothing wrong with it.

Reedyy    0

This point is pretty much a mind changer.

I get where you are coming from.

I do believe as long as there is sufficient change then these clans can come back, i just wanted a complete fresh start instead of a repeat, but they aren't exactly "repeats" :).

SatansNightOut    105

Good points, but still i just think it will be a much better roleplay experience if everyone is not limiting their creative integrity, surely this is done by not recycling old ideas.

Again, I agree with you to an extent. ;)

While some names and characters remain the same, rest assured there will be new and different experiences to keep everyone on their toes. Lots of people have changed a lot about their characters to a point that the clans you might be familiar with end up being entirely different than before.

I believe alot of people would love the chance to do things over, they loved the idea whatever it was and now either want to do it again/continue in a sense, or do it better.

There is alot of brand new ideas so I do not see how people are being limited at all :P

Dougie    23

I myself would love to see some groups and characters come back...

I am bringing back Dougie because I am looking to do character development with the character I have enjoyed playing as and I want to take a new approach with the new game. Also, I'd love to see some of the old groups come back, for example, I could see SVR making for some great role play. Enforcing directives and such, they could be the heroes, as most people would see the military as their savior, or at least I would.

I understand where you are coming from, but don't really agree with it.

I somewhat agree, but myself, I would have a hard time abandoning my character Niko, once you've built up so much backstory and had a lot of interaction with others on that character you start to get attached, I've been playing him for over half a year now I believe and I still enjoy it to this date, I think it's mainly because doing an accent is fun, and makes it easier to get into character and say stuff you wouldn't say otherwise, or with your own voice for example.

But that being said a clean start would be interesting but it would be harsh to force it on people imo :)

Tomeran    3

*blinks*

What did I miss?

There is no lore yet. Not sure what you're refering to there. If its this thread ( http://www.dayzrp.com/t-official-dayzrp-standalone-lore ) then that wasnt really...any lore. Just a hint of the setting that we're gonna work with.

The new SA lore is currently a work in progress and will be released VERY SOON. As in possibly tomorrow and if not then then at least sometime this week.

As for groups, there's going to be a different approach to this. With the new lore we're going to encourage certain groups and "discourage" others, as generally we want the focus to be on normal survivors, not the same old that we've seen on the mod.

But wether this will actually be properly enforced in some way, that I dont know yet.

"Bringing back" old characters and group ideas works but if you want it to make sense with the new lore and the new chronology, then there's definetly going to have to be some story changes there.