Sign in to follow this  
Laurence Taylor

Pecheneg Attachments

Laurence Taylor    3

As I'm sure you know, there are three variatns of the pecheneg;

The PKP ( IP78 Scope )

The Pecheneg Holo

The Pecheneg.

However, upon trying to attach the holo and the IP78 scope to the pechenege i discovered it is not possible.

Is there anyway that maybe attaching said sight's could be fixed for this gun? and if so how hard would it be?

As far as I'm aware it's not possible to attach anything to it

I know Dev's said previously as long as it has a model with said attachment on it already in the mod it is possible.

Othuyeg    20

The PKP and the PKM are different weapons in reality. The difference is mainly the barrel design. However, as I said, different weapons. Not just the scope.

DJREX    0

Pkm and the Pecheneg are yes two diffreant weapons but the Pecheneg and the pkp and the Pecheneg holo are the same but with different attachments. so it should work

Tamaster92    14

We never added them because of the risk of flooding server with PKPs. It's a very OP and high tier weapon

Laurence Taylor    3

We never added them because of the risk of flooding server with PKPs. It's a very OP and high tier weapon

They're already in the game... i just mean can you fix the attachments not working

Tamaster92    14

They're already in the game... i just mean can you fix the attachments not working

I mean we never added the attachment system for them because of that.

It isn't broken, it doesn't exist.

Laurence Taylor    3

Is there not a way that when you "attach" the holo sight the the pecheneg is just swaps it out for the pecheneg holo? rather than just adding the attachment? and the same for the PKP?

Tamaster92    14

Is there not a way that when you "attach" the holo sight the the pecheneg is just swaps it out for the pecheneg holo? rather than just adding the attachment? and the same for the PKP?

Yes... I just said that. It is easy to do but when we added the holo and the ironsight we chose not to for reasons stated above

Laurence Taylor    3

Yes... I just said that. It is easy to do but when we added the holo and the ironsight we chose not to for reasons stated above

But you say the reasoning behind it is that the gun is too OP but you can find the two variants in game anyway so what difference does it make if you can attach the sight or not?

Tamaster92    14

But you say the reasoning behind it is that the gun is too OP but you can find the two variants in game anyway so what difference does it make if you can attach the sight or not?

Because the sight is a lot more common than finding a PKP

multiple places with 0.03/4% for the sight vs one place with 0.01% for the PKP

A question that is irrelevant to this thread but I do not think has been asked before and would be good to know for others as well as my self but why can we not use the ACR weapons in the mod? Like the ones from the link below.

http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-acr-weapons/weaponry

That UK-59 seems to compete with PK machine guns well enough.

Laurence Taylor    3

Because the sight is a lot more common than finding a PKP

Reduce the spawn rate of the sights?

Either way i still don't see that as sufficient reasoning to remove the feature. If making a gun too OP just because it has a sight on it then the same could be said for lots of guns in the mod

sufficient reasoning to remove the feature.

This is where you seem to have got something wrong...

they didnt "Remove" the feature as there is no feature to remove the ability to add attachments to the guns is a mod made by our developers which they chose not to add to the PKP weapons.

the reason they didnt is because for the system to work properly all of the PKP variants would need to spawn to make it work and because it is such an OP gun they didnt want that because if there is more of them the chance of you getting one would be much higher.

4x00.4% chance is higher than 2x000.4%

And as tamaster said the sights are easy to find so in the end you always get whatever OP variant of the PKP you want and it would be easy as hell to get.

Tamaster92    14

A question that is irrelevant to this thread but I do not think has been asked before and would be good to know for others as well as my self but why can we not use the ACR weapons in the mod? Like the ones from the link below.

I fully agree here, ACR has some wonderful weapons and other additions.

Sadly BIS never patched the lite version of ACR to be fully compatible so it would mean that if we added that stuff people would need to buy the DLC to play

I fully agree here, ACR has some wonderful weapons and other additions.

Sadly BIS never patched the lite version of ACR to be fully compatible so it would mean that if we added that stuff people would need to buy the DLC to play

Oh dam, answers why we never see them any where :(