Server time: 2017-08-18, 18:19

Sign in to follow this  
Besphynx

I got myself a punctured lung!

Besphynx    0

So, another day another dealing with ma mate devo, as some of you know devo is a hard case and a nutbag but he can put away people for a nice little brown envelope, turns out I had ruffed up the wrong peoples innit blud so he has gone and done me in. Now I got the chav part out of the way let us start with how this came about.

So, 6 months ago I was just relaxing, kicking back as usual when I get a sudden aching sensation near my heart, now, this is not just a get a dead leg aching sensation, this is like been kicked in the balls by Andre the Giant 3 times in a row and then having to just deal with it but around my heart.

Couple of minutes pass and then my shoulder starts aching just as bad, arm feels pretty dead and heavy. Then I feel really tired and just want to go to sleep but also feel sick because of the pain I am having. During this I am having a hard time breathing because whenever I take a breath the aching pain get stronger.

I aught to mention I am asthmatic but I have never had a asthma attack and not needed my Ventolin inhaler for a year and a bit now so this was very unusual that I have having problems breathing. Then, when ever I would stand up my back would be unusually tense, like I had to force myself to relax my shoulders.

That lasted for roughly 45 minutes before it started to ease off and the pain just came from my chest around my heart. Then it was another 3 hours of slowly the pain getting easier but there is still a aching pain when I breath.

Couple of days go by and I still have a little ache when I take a deep breath but other than that it is not that noticeable so go to doctors, end up getting a ECG (Put things on your chest and monitor your heart rate) and nothing comes of it.

Fast forward to 10th November (Yesterday) get same pain, end up calling 111 (Non emergency NHS Line) get told to go to hospital, go in there, sit down for an hour to wait, get a thing put around my arm that registers my heart rate and blood pressure, then get another ECG, says I am fine and what not. That person then takes it to a Doctor for review.

Have to sit around for another 2 hours, doctor sees me, says everything is fine for the ECG, asks to listen to my heart and breathing. Listens to my chest and on my left side he cannot hear my heart beat but he can hear it on the right, listens to my breathing and it sounds lighter on the left compared to the right. Gets me to go to an X-Ray, get an X-Ray and go back to the doctor and hand it to him and wait another 30 minutes, get called back in and he says I have pneumothorax.

Basically, you have your lungs mmmkay? and then you have your rib cage mmmkay? in between them two is a liquid of sorts that is there so when you breath in, your lungs to do not rub against your rib cage and make friction. Turns out an air bubble had gone pop in my lung and punctured my left lung, this meant that slowly but surely my lung was releasing air into that hole and where the fluid was and the fluid was trapping it and the air pocket started getting bigger.

I get rushed to somewhere where I am wired up so they can look at my heart rate and what not, I am then told what is to happen. They inject me with anesthetic, the area goes numb and then they insert a BFN, big fucking needle. I they then take 13 pumps of air out of me which is 650ml of air. I am then patched up, given a letter and told to come in the next day for an XRAY again to see if the air re inflates.

Comes today and I have to ring in sick for work, go to hospital to get an XRAY and be told to take a week off and to go back to hospital on the monday for another XRAY and if I get any bad pains I am to call 999 and say I have a punctured lung and need air to be pumped out of me.

So, now I have a week to take it easy and play some CS:GO and Standalone <3

Love you Ben, no extra curricular activities now. rest easy

Snoop    0

yay for 1 week off, nay for punctured lung. have a fast recovery!

That moment where after reading this you realise you have the same issues sometimes.....well better go to hospital...

Besphynx    0

That moment where after reading this you realise you have the same issues sometimes.....well better go to hospital...

Well, it does occur in tall thin people and you meet that description. Ask him to check your breathing with his stethoscope and see if the doctor can hear a difference for each side!

yay for 1 week off, nay for punctured lung. have a fast recovery!

Well, it can either go 2 ways, the first "drainage" will sort it and my lungs will just fill up that void space and my body will absorb the left over air or I have to go in and keep getting this done. :)

this :o

but if it was a punctured lung i would probably be dead already.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

off work today for a similar issue...

got a doctors appointment in 2 hours :/

Rolle    2448

You're a balloon! :D

Seriously though, it sounded like a heart attack in the beginning, especially with the pain going towards shoulder area. Glad that you got help and hope you will get better soon!

Besphynx    0

You're a balloon! :D

Seriously though, it sounded like a heart attack in the beginning, especially with the pain going towards shoulder area. Glad that you got help and hope you will get better soon!

Rolle, before I die, can I request that custom skin? xD

off work today for a similar issue...

got a doctors appointment in 2 hours :/

Let's be Pneumothroax buddies!

Fozzy    2

Me right now...... I get pain in my left lung and my right shoulder starts hurting like hell.

Besphynx    0

Get better!

On the side note, you've caused a chain reaction of lung punctures!

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Does this mean I get your Csgo skins if you die? :P

Feel better m8

Sure, my password is ******* (Props to who gets the joke)

Snoop    0

Get better!

Feel better m8

jokes on you, i can read asterisks!!

Besphynx    0

Get better!

Feel better m8

Oh really, then what is my password? :P

Kanen    108

literately happened to me this at work today...

FUCKOFF

Was it right? :D

Get better soon :)

Besphynx    0

FUCKOFF

Was it right? :D

Get better soon :)

Nope, password was hunter2. Better luck next time!