Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:15
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Vaine

FAO Rolle

Question

Vaine    23

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-farewell-to-john-job-our-special-cowboy

Why did you close this as you reasoning frankly is poor and not good enough for you to close my thread.

John job was harmless, and frankly one of the genuine nicest guys in this community, people would rip into him for endless stupid things and he kept on laughing and smiling.

I made that thread because i was interested to know of peoples experiences with john as he was one of a kind and most people have had some amusing times with him. You had no right to close it as it was not in any way or form a thread that had people upset or flaming one another.

even some of your staff team commented on it with a video or a farewell to john. But instead you jump in and puff the chest out and close it. You are in the wrong it is as simple as that rolle.

I frankly dont care that it is your servers , this is a community not your own personal dictatorship mate so for the love of christ jump off your high horse. You done well starting this community but as someone stated in one of the TS meetings you really are out of touch with it.

Yes in the end john went on a KOS spree and what not which he has himself told me he is not proud of and that he finally had enough of people being assholes to him. I dont agree with him doing it but it is not enough in my book to rate him with the tossers who got perma banned for just being complete A-holes. John can not be compaired to them.

I want the thread opened back up.

Yes or no ?

15 answers to this question

Valkerion    0

Probably closed due to the fact you are literally honoring and glorifying a guy that just went on a mad rage on the forums and then went out of his way to go and ruin peoples time in game for as people stated "a 5 minute giggle on teamspeak".

Bad timing basically if it was made before all of that I doubt it would of been closed.

but to be honest whilst I am at it...

Yes in the end john went on a KOS spree and what not which he has himself told me he is not proud of and that he finally had enough of people being assholes to him. I dont agree with him doing it but it is not enough in my book to rate him with the tossers who got perma banned for just being complete A-holes. John can not be compaired to them.

What exactly makes everybody else who went on rage fueled KOS spree a Tosser and their actions are obviously because they are complete assholes but when he does its Ok?

SatansNightOut    105

I agree with Valkerion.

It's a privilege to play here, NOT a right.

Vaine    23

Probably closed due to the fact you are literally honoring and glorifying a guy that just went on a mad rage on the forums and then went out of his way to go and ruin peoples time in game for as peopel stated "a 5 minute giggle on teamspeak"

john is not without his flaws i dont deny it. He has a issue with being persuaded into doing dumb shit, that makes him stupid not much more.

And i am not glorifying his actions at all. His perma ban is legit i wont argue it. Should be make it against the rules to mention anything or anyone that has been banned from RP from now on ?

Where does the line stop

no one in the thread was supporting his final actions either. if it was a 'gg john'' then id have asked for it shut myself. It was on the other hand to say cheerio if you wished but more so to hear some of the wacky stories you had with john

I agree with Valkerion.

It's a privilege to play here, NOT a right.

What does this have to do with what iv posted sorry?

What exactly makes everybody else who went on rage fueled KOS spree a Tosser and their actions are obviously because they are complete assholes but when he does its Ok?

Where did i say what he done was ok ? I agree he was in the wrong , but would you rate john with for example the lads? who were just general twats ?

john is not without his flaws i dont deny it. He has a issue with being persuaded into doing dumb shit, that makes him stupid not much more.

There is a difference between doing dumb shit and purposefully doing dumb shit fully knowing what will happen.

Overall, great people can become assholes very quickly.

Oh and the image in your OP. Don't be naive to think people wouldn't see any connection, you are effectively glorifying his permanent ban.

Valkerion    0

Where did i say what he done was ok ? I agree he was in the wrong , but would you rate john with for example the lads? who were just general twats ?

You called everyone else who has done the same thing a tosser who acts like an asshole and then go on to say he cant be compared to them....pretty much saying its ok if he does it.

I agree that you should be able to make farewell threads but do we really want to be gracefully showing off a guy who told us all to go fuck ourselves and went out of his way to wreck a few peoples IG days just for the kicks? probably not

Not sure why you would bring up "The Lads" A lot of them were actually not bad guys in my opinion most of them I got on with quite well actually.

Vaine    23

There is a difference between doing dumb shit and purposefully doing dumb shit fully knowing what will happen.

Overall, great people can become assholes very quickly.

Oh and the image in your OP. Don't be naive to think people wouldn't see any connection, you are effectively glorifying his permanent ban.

You are wrong. I am not glorifying his perma ban. I do think he was wrong.

I have no issue with his perma ban, he deserved it in the end , he reached his cut off point.

What i have a issue with is i cant make a post about the fella which doesnt become flaming or people getting upset by it, yet it is closed.

Stop looking into this as the thread was made as if i disagree with his ban and think he done no wrong. TO do so is just trying to make this sway into an arguement.

Vaine    23

You called everyone else who has done the same thing a tosser who acts like an asshole and then go on to say he cant be compared to them....pretty much saying its ok if he does it.

Not sure why you would bring up "The Lads" A lot of them were actually not bad guys in my opinion most of them I got on with quite well actually.

well there it is .. Opinion.

I would not rate john next to guys who numerous times caused hassle to others on RP. That is my opinion. We all have a different one

He is a funny guy and all, but he is a dumbass for what he did. I don't blame Rolle for closing it.

But my question is why was it closed ? The thread was friendly, no one complaining or flaming.

Anyways im done commenting , iv asked my question il await an answer.

Hofer    20

John fucked up, made a lot of people angry and disappointed and does not deserve a thread where he is praised and glorified.

End of discussion tbh.

Valkerion    0

well there it is .. Opinion.

I would not rate john next to guys who numerous times caused hassle to others on RP. That is my opinion. We all have a different one

Well yeah it is your opinion probably quite a biased one since he was clearly your friend but I just edited this in.

"I agree that you should be able to make farewell threads but do we really want to be gracefully showing off a guy who told us all to go fuck ourselves and went out of his way to wreck a few peoples IG days just for the kicks? probably not"

Pretty much sums it up for me in my eyes it happens when quite a few people get permabanned and it normally kicks up a storm eventually.

Bad timing you dont go and make a thread honoring and glorifying ones past achievements after they go and do what they did it just doesnt look good whether it was your intention or not I cannot say but making a glorifying thread about a permabanned player never works out well.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Rolle's post in the thread basically said it all, sure he is a nice guy but say goodbye to him in person dont honor him on the forums when he deliberately broke the rules...

Rolle    2953

It was closed simply because if you cause harm the community like John did you don't deserve a goodbye thread. I won't allow glorifying rule breakers, especially those who do it on purpose. It's part of their punishment.

You don't have to agree with it and I don't expect you to as you were his friend. The thread will not be unlocked.

Vaine    23

Close this new information i did not know makes me understand why.

Caesar    438

Its a long standing policy to not give people who have gotten themselves permanent bans the pleasure of such threads. They did something for their permanent ban and they have to live with the consequences.

John can only blame himself, sure he was not all bad but his most recent actions are beyond the pail. He decided to take those actions and he should not be honored. If he had just left then this would not have been a problem. What he did was quite frankly inexcusable.

Rolle is not wrong here, you are. Just because he had friends including some in staff does not mean he gets special privileges. He committed atrocious acts, that is that.

Closed by OP request.