Server time: 2017-08-24, 07:04

Sign in to follow this  
Karchev

RP a mute.

Karchev    0

So, because of my growing numbers irl family, son was born on fathersday!

I can only play at nights and I don't want to use mic to disturb my son, and wife.

As I hate just "typing" on chat, is it ok if I write like 3rd person and "John points his mouth" "John shakes is head" "John nods" "John draws on the ground"

and also, using notes and pen would be awesome then :D

Would make some interesting encounters and well... time consuming.

Helix    35

I can only play at nights and I don't want to use mic to disturb my son, and wife.

As I hate just "typing" on chat, is it ok if I write like 3rd person and "John points his mouth" "John shakes is head" "John nods" "John draws on the ground"

yeah man if you want to emote things out it is highly encouraged.. i dont think ive seen a mute roleplayed before.. although there was one guy who only talked through writing on a small whiteboard.. but i personally would love to meet your character if thats how you will be playing him should be some great RP if you do it right :)

Karchev    0

yeah man if you want to emote things out it is highly encouraged.. i dont think ive seen a mute roleplayed before.. although there was one guy who only talked through writing on a small whiteboard.. but i personally would love to meet your character if thats how you will be playing him should be some great RP if you do it right :)

I try to be hard to find, but supplies so sacred

"John points his mouth" "John shakes is head" "John nods" "John draws on the ground"

There are plenty of text rpers out there and I dont see a problem with 3rd person out emotes such as this. I have 3rd person myself in text rp for emotes.

Nothing wrong with time consuming, people need to slow down and immerse themselves more often and also some of the best RP I have had has been in text or at least involves text with it.

The only problem is the inability to talk and run at the same time, makes life hard :(

SatansNightOut    105

Congratulations on the newborn. :)

Do not let ANYONE ever discourage you from text RP.

Using your voice is always fun, but as the old adage goes: Sometimes actions speak louder than words. :)

Fridge    0

I remember a guy used to write things on a whiteboard similar to something like this "*writes on whiteboard* Hello" Can't remember who but his RP was great :)

SatansNightOut    105

I remember a guy used to write things on a whiteboard similar to something like this "*writes on whiteboard* Hello" Can't remember who but his RP was great :)

Vlad!

I can't remember his full name... Vladimir-something?

I always called him Dracula (cliche, I know)...

Same guy?

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

90% of clanplayers are mutes ingame too, so you should be good!

Vlad!

I can't remember his full name... Vladimir-something?

I always called him Dracula (cliche, I know)...

Same guy?

Whiteboard man

Doesnt play anymore though but yes he was a very good roleplayer and never said a word.

Damn I didn't think of that, using notes to communicate as a mute person would be interesting to try out. Not something for me though, I'm not the best writer.

Karchev    0

Well now I just need to encounter a player and start throwing paper on his face. Must be scary because I got biker jacket and stuff :D

Clammy    0

That would be a really cool idea :D Oh, and congratulations on your new born son :)

Vesper    0

I think Devel had a character like this once. It was actually pretty fun to RP with him so I'd love to see what you do with it.

Also, congrats on your son, is this your first kid? :)

Unknown Entity    126

I've met some only text rpers. It's like voice, some are good and some are just bad. Some are very good.

Using only notes and 3rd person emotes would be awesome though. Id love to bump into you.

I suppose that could work seeing we have paper & pen and a "large" variety of animations in your disposal.

Don't forget the direct chat is your friend, you can always put emotes that you can't otherwise in the chat if people have a hard time understanding you when you point at some house :D

Fx: *Draws an angry looking stickman with a rifle in the sand*

Something like that :D

It's tough.

I was playing a mute the other day just checking the concept and trying my luck. I encountered somebody and he followed on pretty quickly. Bless him for actually having the patience to see me typing.

*taps throat and makes a gasping noise*

"Are you unable to speak?"

*Nods frantically*

At one point I took out my gun with no ammo and was typing something and the guy freaked out. He took out his crossbow and aimed it at me.

*Tries to pass the gun to the man. Urging him to take it*

"What?! you wanted to give it to me?"

*nods*

"Aw man you scared me... i thought you were gonna shoot me"

*Shrugs apologetically*

This just shows how easy enough it is to cause issues! You have to be very careful and have to try explain what you are intending without meta-gaming too much.

Karchev    0

I think Devel had a character like this once. It was actually pretty fun to RP with him so I'd love to see what you do with it.

Second one, got 2 year old daughter.

And those damn hospitals like to keep my wife and son in there... we are still waiting for them to come home.

It's tough.

I was playing a mute the other day just checking the concept and trying my luck. I encountered somebody and he followed on pretty quickly. Bless him for actually having the patience to see me typing.

*taps throat and makes a gasping noise*

"Are you unable to speak?"

*Nods frantically*

At one point I took out my gun with no ammo and was typing something and the guy freaked out. He took out his crossbow and aimed it at me.

*Tries to pass the gun to the man. Urging him to take it*

"What?! you wanted to give it to me?"

*nods*

"Aw man you scared me... i thought you were gonna shoot me"

*Shrugs apologetically*

This just shows how easy enough it is to cause issues! You have to be very careful and have to try explain what you are intending without meta-gaming too much.

Haha yeah, the throat part what got me into it, because I had a sore throat and well, got the idea from there. I need to learn the emotes also, i mean.

Lets say I try to say hi, but by accident show middlefinger?

And those damn hospitals like to keep my wife and son in there... we are still waiting for them to come home.

Make sure to shout a lot ingame now that they are not home yet :D

Vesper    0

Awww lol and yeah I know how that goes. I had to stay at the hospital a little over a week after my son was born because of complications. It sucked :(

Karchev    0

Awww lol and yeah I know how that goes. I had to stay at the hospital a little over a week after my son was born because of complications. It sucked :(

Well yeah, sucks that I can't even go on the visit hours, those on of bitches closed the child birth hospital on this town, closest one is 1 hour drive away. That is some bullshit!

Species    245

Vlad played a man who couldn't speak, he used to write on a wipe board to get things across to people.

Karchev    0

Vlad played a man who couldn't speak, he used to write on a wipe board to get things across to people.

Next time I need to RP a man who can only growl, and then I need a partner for that.

Some wild man stuff

Make sure to shout a lot ingame now that they are not home yet :D

Just put my girl to bed, can't shout :D I have to go get my snacks and drinks solid snake style.

also, while I was busy writing here, server got full! NNNOOOOOOO

Karchev    0

First encounter went... well good? I mean I showed the note, did emotes and stuff. But I got no communication from them, true mutes right there. I wonder if they talked to the mics but I just did not hear em.