Server time: 2017-08-20, 17:06

Sign in to follow this  
sonytrio1234

Elektro trader on the way

*You notice a piece of paper pinned to a wall, it reads* Hey fellow survivors, if you are near or around Elektro be sure to stop by our new trader/bar. Stop for a chat or get some rest, you can stay in one of our rooms and even hold conferences. Trade with us in the currency of ammo and gather around our infinit fire. Be sure to ask myself Dale Farkenson or Tyler Pakish for more information. So stop on by the Gravel Mountain Traders across from Elektro supermarket. GR (104, 129)

P.s keep safe out their

Kolja    0

Will do! If you find a paramedic uniform i will trade good with you!!

Cjbustuup    1

tbh I don't feel this is a very good idea as it collides with the current lore. The apocalypse is fresh, people are frightened and majority would be in hiding or in scattered camps. The big cities would be more than likely overran and should be treated as difficult to enter and leave from. I don't feel that trading in a major town would appeal to many characters because of these dangers. I think this may work from a different location. Maybe one less populated by infected and maybe better protected by survivors or remnants of military.

Sorry to be such a spoil sport but I don't feel someone would have this attitude this early in an apocalypse. But as I said before this could work in a smaller city/town further inland.

Chriss    1

Really great idea, i think i'll also have a look. But how Jack said, it would be better outside, in a farm, a castle or something. Towns are mostly full of zombies and youll meet bandits, doesn't feel save there...

After all, i would be a customer :)

And Cjbustuup, why should the apocalypse be fresh?

Rusty vehicles and ship-wrecks...?

looks for me like some years past.

tbh I don't feel this is a very good idea as it collides with the current lore. The apocalypse is fresh, people are frightened and majority would be in hiding or in scattered camps.

Not necessarily. Sure, people can be scared, but they won't be afraid of people. They'll try and band together with as much people as possible. Primarily, people are more focused on zombies, and less focused on getting robbed. There will be people that will rob, but the numbers low as, at the current state, supplies are plentiful and others are trying to help people more.

You could also take an example from a Apocalyptic book called "Alas, Babylon" created by Pat Frank. In this, a whole townsfolk in America is hit by a nuclear bomb and are forced to hunker down until the military arrives. (Which I guess people right now in the game are also wondering when the military will arrive.) As a month goes by, supplies begin to run low and people look for other ways to get supplies other then looting. This led to the townsfolk meeting with the next townsfolk ahead to trade for supplies.

Despite people being scared, people will trade to survive.

The big cities would be more than likely overran and should be treated as difficult to enter and leave from. I don't feel that trading in a major town would appeal to many characters because of these dangers. I think this may work from a different location. Maybe one less populated by infected and maybe better protected by survivors or remnants of military.

Sorry to be such a spoil sport but I don't feel someone would have this attitude this early in an apocalypse. But as I said before this could work in a smaller city/town further inland.

While I'm inclined to agree that it should be hard for big cities to be more then likely overran, at this current state, it just isn't. Zombies in general at a all time low, and nothing that hard to worry about. Most likely the people who have set up the trading place have already taken care of the zombies in the area, making it safe for only a time being.

But yes, I would also like to see this in a smaller town, perhaps a village further inland rather then the coast.

Thank you for the constructive criticism, i will take into account the points and think of possible sites that are less hot. My main focus is to create the chance for some good rp and an occasional bandit incounter; in my view, makes for good rp and adds the inevitable chance of death.

I like it, also I noticed the latest update adds doors to that building? Or was it always there?

Also have firefighter pants and a sks if anyone wants to trade there, ideally for a pistol

Cjbustuup    1

tbh I don't feel this is a very good idea as it collides with the current lore. The apocalypse is fresh, people are frightened and majority would be in hiding or in scattered camps.

Not necessarily. Sure, people can be scared, but they won't be afraid of people. They'll try and band together with as much people as possible. Primarily, people are more focused on zombies, and less focused on getting robbed. There will be people that will rob, but the numbers low as, at the current state, supplies are plentiful and others are trying to help people more.

You could also take an example from a Apocalyptic book called "Alas, Babylon" created by Pat Frank. In this, a whole townsfolk in America is hit by a nuclear bomb and are forced to hunker down until the military arrives. (Which I guess people right now in the game are also wondering when the military will arrive.) As a month goes by, supplies begin to run low and people look for other ways to get supplies other then looting. This led to the townsfolk meeting with the next townsfolk ahead to trade for supplies.

The big cities would be more than likely overran and should be treated as difficult to enter and leave from. I don't feel that trading in a major town would appeal to many characters because of these dangers. I think this may work from a different location. Maybe one less populated by infected and maybe better protected by survivors or remnants of military.

While I'm inclined to agree that it should be hard for big cities to be more then likely overran, at this current state, it just isn't. Zombies in general at a all time low, and nothing that hard to worry about. Most likely the people who have set up the trading place have already taken care of the zombies in the area, making it safe for only a time being.

But yes, I would also like to see this in a smaller town, perhaps a village further inland rather then the coast.

Yea, I don't mean people are afraid of other people. I mean that people are afraid to be around the big cities, because they are overran. And yea I know they aren't really overran at the moment because of the low zombie population on servers but I think we should rp as though the cities sort of are and try to avoid them as much as possible. But just my opinion. But yea I agree and in the early stages in the apocalypse people would be trying to band together and await the military, if they ever come.

Guest GreenGod   
Guest GreenGod

Yea, I don't mean people are afraid of other people. I mean that people are afraid to be around the big cities, because they are overran. And yea I know they aren't really overran at the moment because of the low zombie population on servers but I think we should rp as though the cities sort of are and try to avoid them as much as possible. But just my opinion. But yea I agree and in the early stages in the apocalypse people would be trying to band together and await the military, if they ever come.

If there is blood on the floor there is money on the table

I've noticed in a big city you sometimes will deal with a moderate zombie population, which for a player lacking a good weapon, can be problematic, even sometimes with my woodcutter axe due to constantly missing shots that should of hit, it can lead to a slight beating and maybe an injured leg, so the population is kinda there, just mainly after restarts and server crashes

Chriss    1

So will there be another place for trading?

Im really looking for one...

Its so hard to find trader random

Yes their will be just not at Elektro, the general consensus i am getting is that people are not willing to go inot such a a big city. I was thinking someplace like Pulkovo!

Prospero    0

This is a great idea, I miss the old trade thread.

I'm looking for MP5k magazines, a PSO sight and/or any US sight.

I will get you ANYTHING and I have reputation for delivering ;)

Chriss    1

Looking to trade this beautiful Anti Stab Vest. All offers are welcome

bSNDIwl.jpg

Must have :0

what about... a banana? :)

Maybe a crossbow?

Or what are you looking for?

Kolja    0

I am lookih for a press vest. Paramedic clothes and blood test kits. Can pay with repeater with ammo. Makarov with mags. Black assault vest and possibly an ak74 (no mag but ammo) if you have aloy. Pm me.

Chriss    1

I would trade 2 full 1911-mags, im looking for a white-check-shirt or any black vest.

I currently have firefighter pants, a PU scope, p1 pistol (empty)

looking to obtain a protective/storage vest, 9mm and 45. Ammo. Or a mp133 shotgun

Would also trade a mosin with scope and plenty of ammo for an assault rifle with ammo and mags