Server time: 2017-10-23, 06:07
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Wrecker

[Question] Anybody able to find anything on the standalone server?

Wrecker    1

I've been playing for about an hour - hour and a half and have died three times from starvation , dehydration, and the infected. I'm curious if anybody else is having an impossibly difficult time finding anything, because i certainly am. I've ran through at least 6-8 towns with nothing more then a telescopic baton and a hard hat to show for it. I hope i'm the only one who is this misfortunate

No your not bro. Everyone is hoarding gear and if you need to find any I would go up north or go to town tou would normally never go to.

Hellsome    0

Go to the towns you would usually never go to, check every house(even the small ones with not so much loot). The loot is out there somewhere, it's just a matter of finding it.

Voodoo    491

Nearly every building now spawns loot. Your best bet is to check all building and move to other towns. Remember the popular areas will be looted so its worth moving to smaller towns and random buildings.

Wrecker    1

I've been to atleast 4 towns i've never seen or heard of, and checked almost all the houses, and im finding books, chem lights, and pens.

Hatch    0
Everyone is hoarding gear

Yl7Yrzq.jpg?1

Shit, better put those extra beans back or I'll be a scumbag community member

Wrecker    1

Yl7Yrzq.jpg?1

You'd better or i'll throw chem lights at you and stab you with a pen after im done starving and dieing from dehydration

Yl7Yrzq.jpg?1

Im not pointing anyone out bro chill.

Hatch    0

Yl7Yrzq.jpg?1

Im not pointing anyone out bro chill.

Never said you were, just the comment was irrelevant as there's not a lot you can "Horde" right now.

Rykzon    0

The new persistence loot system is not really working well right now and really hurting small private shards. Right now everytime an item is looted a new one spawns somewhere else. In the long run this means frequently looted areas are empty and the rest is stacked with loot. There needs to be a limit of items per spawn/building for this to work properly. I've found a barn with 100+ items, thats not how its supposed to be I would say.

I would say its just some number tweaking, so hopefully we should be good with the next patch.

HAGGLE    5

I've been playing for about an hour - hour and a half and have died three times from starvation , dehydration, and the infected. I'm curious if anybody else is having an impossibly difficult time finding anything, because i certainly am. I've ran through at least 6-8 towns with nothing more then a telescopic baton and a hard hat to show for it. I hope i'm the only one who is this misfortunate

Last time I went to Msta, just north east of Electro, there were soooo many items in each building. I almost fainted. Go to less traveled towns (usually towns that don't have miltary loot/police stations and coastal spawn towns).

KpopKilla    74
In the long run this means frequently looted areas are empty and the rest is stacked with loot.

Just want people to take their time and think about that.

Krackerman    17

Been playing for the past 2 hours gone through Svet and Turovo and found tons of basic gear - clothes, waterproof bags, a pump action shotgun you name it.. the only thing thin on the ground is food...

Pegasi    0

In the long run this means frequently looted areas are empty and the rest is stacked with loot.

Fair enough, but does it make sense to find hundreds of items in random places?

None of the airfields have any military loot this early in the apocalypse, but little Johny's attic bedroom has an M4 under the bed?

This isn't America, that isn't exactly normal.

SomeWeirdAssGuy    287

Fair enough, but does it make sense to find hundreds of items in random places?

None of the airfields have any military loot this early in the apocalypse, but little Johny's attic bedroom has an M4 under the bed?

This isn't America, that isn't exactly normal.

M4s only spawn at chopper crashes, the current persistence format doesn't change the loot tables.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

P.S The loot system is working, its just working too well by spawning TOO MUCH gear in isolated places. It is suppose to respawn gear in places that are not often visited hence the reason cities are empty.

Explore peoples!

I'll just re-quote what I said on a previous thread pretty much on the same topic. A couple of tips that you might find useful.

Playing the 0.50 Update and bending around both persistence and the challenges that came with 0.50, here's some general tips that I can provide.

-Loot places not many would check. Just use logic. Remote villages are your best bet for finding food, water, and supplies. Cities are practically useless.

-Rely on the land. Pick apple trees, berry bushes. Hunt when you have a rifle, or a hatchet. (It's possible to take down a animal with a hatchet, don't let there fast speed get to you, just sneak up on them.)

-If you have a bottle, any sort of bottle, and it's raining. Hydrate yourself and catch rain with your bottle.

-Weapons that require mags are virtually non-existent. Try to use weapons that can be manually loaded. (Like the new shotgun or Winchester rifle.) If you find any mag for any weapon, keep it, even if you don't have the gun for it. You'll find soon enough that DayZ will play you and wish you had picked up that magazine earlier.

-People. Yes, people. Being a new spawn, if it weren't for people I probably would have died countless times like I did without them. If you run in to the good crowd, they can help you with food, water, whatever.

-Keep a raincoat on you, but don't wear it unless it's raining so you won't get hot. Always try and wear a casual shirt/long sleeve that doesn't have much warmth to it. When it begins raining, then change to your raincoat.

-DO NOT sprint, unless you're freezing to death and need to get warm quickly. If you sprint to much, you'll overheat.

Guest Rhinjavar   
Guest Rhinjavar

I'll just re-quote what I said on a previous thread pretty much on the same topic. A couple of tips that you might find useful.

Playing the 0.50 Update and bending around both persistence and the challenges that came with 0.50, here's some general tips that I can provide.

-Loot places not many would check. Just use logic. Remote villages are your best bet for finding food, water, and supplies. Cities are practically useless.

-Rely on the land. Pick apple trees, berry bushes. Hunt when you have a rifle, or a hatchet. (It's possible to take down a animal with a hatchet, don't let there fast speed get to you, just sneak up on them.)

-If you have a bottle, any sort of bottle, and it's raining. Hydrate yourself and catch rain with your bottle.

-Weapons that require mags are virtually non-existent. Try to use weapons that can be manually loaded. (Like the new shotgun or Winchester rifle.) If you find any mag for any weapon, keep it, even if you don't have the gun for it. You'll find soon enough that DayZ will play you and wish you had picked up that magazine earlier.

-People. Yes, people. Being a new spawn, if it weren't for people I probably would have died countless times like I did without them. If you run in to the good crowd, they can help you with food, water, whatever.

-Keep a raincoat on you, but don't wear it unless it's raining so you won't get hot. Always try and wear a casual shirt/long sleeve that doesn't have much warmth to it. When it begins raining, then change to your raincoat.

-DO NOT sprint, unless you're freezing to death and need to get warm quickly. If you sprint to much, you'll overheat.

I really have to highlight this post as it is 100% ACCURATE. I only had trouble in the beginning figuring out how to survive because I was also accustomed to darting into the big cities and hoarding what I could find. However, this new update has changed the game and, after some trial and error, I enjoy the difficulty now.

When you spawn, look around where you are, grab what little you can, and then go exploring in-land. Look for APPLE TREES, often in backyards or in large orchards - they are quite common and have saved my life countless times. You can check the same tree repeatedly for apples too, so if at first you don't find one - keep trying! Apples also serve a dual purpose by filling your HUNGER and THIRST meters, so they help in a pinch if you are starving or dehydrating. Stock up and carry a bunch with you.

Also, CHECK EVERY PLACE YOU SEE: big houses, small houses, tool sheds, even hunting stands. The places for items to spawn has dramatically increased. In the more remote towns I can often find ample food in the small houses that I previously would have ignored. I can also find food in those little hunting shacks on stilts that you see dotted around the landscape.

Be sure to really TAKE YOUR TIME. I have been playing with a friend and sometimes he will quickly run through a building, not see anything, then run out. I will go in after him and slowly check the area, especially under tables/chairs and in small corners. I can reasonably say that roughly one out of every three times we do this I will find a hidden piece of food or a handful of ammunition that he missed by not being thorough. It pays to keep your attention to detail.

Lastly, DON'T SPRINT. Jog, or walk. Sprinting burns through your energy and hydration very quickly. However, if you jog you will not become hungry or thirsty nearly as quickly. This also makes it easier to observe your surroundings as you move - you might spot an animal that you can hunt and cook, or an apple tree that you may have missed if you were sprinting madly to the next location.

Otherwise, hook up with some other players! If you come across Rabbit, he will help you out! :)

I've been in elektro and cherno a few times and found sporter, b95, sks, mosin, and lots of ammo for mosin, food for days, also just found a derringer, key seems to be look in apartments and houses, as they are less visited, apartments in cherno spawn stuff on balconies that people miss

Being a fresh spawn does suck. Gear isn't easy to come by in a lot of the fresh spawn places.I like the idea people have to go to less popular areas and check everywhere or even pick or hunt food. When I last spawned I only survived because I had help. Before that I died every say 10minutes for one reason or another

Unknown Entity    126

Loot is excellent.

Just head out of big cities and too smaller, less visited areas. I've even found areas where the doors weren't even open.

I think the loot should spawn a bit differently (especially not the huge bug where you can find 100+ items in the same space), but it's better than just going to the main areas and looting up in less than 30 minutes. I just found my second bottle of water and will cherish it with my life !

And don't forget, persistence restarts on Wednesdays.

Mikachu    26

P.S The loot system is working, its just working too well by spawning TOO MUCH gear in isolated places. It is suppose to respawn gear in places that are not often visited hence the reason cities are empty.

Explore peoples!

This is probably the best way i've seen it explained so far.

It IS working as intended - it just needs tweaking and a item limiter per building

The core concept of "hey this spawn town is picked clean but this remote location is full of gear" is working fully as intended. What isn't finished yet is any sort of 'limit' which is harming the areas that should be picked clean.

The end idea is supposed to be as now but the empty places still spawn loot, just not much and not obviously. They just need to make a item per object limit which shouldn't be too hard :)

Also!

Don't forget you aren't playing a finished game, you are playing a alpha. Alpha means they are constantly testing systems and the easiest way is to look at extremes. The heat/cold is a good example and likely the persistence is another.

Karchev    0

Stuff was very hard to find, but 10 times more satisfying to find that 1 apple! or oh god that TUNA!

And talk about sweet magnum revolver with no ammo on sight. And when I found 20 rounds, I cried of joy. Stuff is really hidden on the houses, couple sweet spots where the items are under the floor.

I enjoy the exploration and hardcore survival. Now if those goddamn wells would work...

Not many zombies on sight, only like 1 in every village if none.