Server time: 2017-08-23, 19:39

Sign in to follow this  
Chriss

iZurvive instead of TS-Trade-channel

Chriss    1

Hi,

so that many talked about a ts-radio-trade-channel and many others don,t agree, what about using the app iZurvive?

So it will simulate Radio-messages and locations. Like giving GPS-coordinates trough the radio in an RP-way. We could also make different groups, to simulate different radio-channels.

The app is free and no registration necessary, you can simply run it parallel to your game.

I trsted how it would look like :)

mJYOnr.png

(and yes, "save" is spelled wrong :))

What do you think?

Smith    1

RP-wise, we wouldn't have power for phones to use this, nor would the cell-towers be operational.

Chriss    1

I meant more simulating, using a map and give locations and description through an walkie-talkie channel. Thats would be just an optical fiew on it...

Hex    31

I actually adore this idea and somewhat dislike it at the same time....

Its good that it will bring people into more interactions with each other because people will have an understanding where others are, but this is also a massive 'here I am' signal for bandits, or for bandits to trap survivors.

However, I dont think this will fit in with what we currently have due to it not being immersive and being generally RP breaking. RP and things such as bandits robbing people in X area or good loot in another should be passed on merely by word of mouth, its more organic.

-1, but I like the idea and could be changed some to fit better.

Hellsome    0

Instead of this I could see it being more RP like to just stick with receiving radio messages and on your own printing out a map and writing on it yourself showing all the location that the radio messages transmitted. To make it even more realistic make sure you have a map and a pen in your inventory when doing this.

2muchmetagame5me

Nice idea though