Server time: 2017-10-18, 00:25
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Isak

Chernarussian,, meeting another Chernarussian.

Question

Isak    0

So if you guys ever RP as a Chernarussian man or woman(for example). And meet another Chernarussian person.. how do you deal with that situation? I don't speak whatever language they speak(Chech?) so meeting another Chernarussian person and keep speaking english feels so dumb. Same goes with RUssian meeting russians, ETC. Keeps me from exploring other RP characters :( Help#

13 answers to this question

Valkerion    0

Ano Dobre Dann Jak se mat? da govoryu na vital du russkya?

Almost total bullshit^^ but believable

In chernarus they speak both Russian and Czech depends what part you're from they tend to use a bit of both from what iv read.

Other than speaking a few random czech/russian words I just default to english :P just learn a few and change the order around and suddenly its a different sentence it aint too hard use the ones i put at the top for example and just change the order around and you can get a good few sentences outta that :P

It only really needs to be a believable accent as we should all be speaking English to understand each other.

Don't let it put you off trying it :)

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Just speak English, and if they speak chernarussian(Czech/Russian)

Then just nod, smile, and say 'da'

Smith    1

Just speak English, and if they speak chernarussian(Czech/Russian)

Then just nod, smile, and say 'da'

Or "ano", which is probably more likely.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

I've been RPing as a Chernarussian for a bit on SA and I do like it a lot, I tend to play really ignorant when it comes to peoples accents and their words. As I meet a LOT of americans and Europeans I often come up with gross generalisations about certain words.

I've been wanting to throw in some Russian and Czech words but I don't really know where to start learning.. I was going to try and focus on one of the languages (probably Russian) and just say I am half Russian and half Chernarussian. That way you can mix the languages and the accent doesn't have to be spot on for either.

If anyone knows of guides to RPing as a native please share!!!

Valkerion    0

I've been RPing as a Chernarussian for a bit on SA and I do like it a lot, I tend to play really ignorant when it comes to peoples accents and their words. As I meet a LOT of americans and Europeans I often come up with gross generalisations about certain words.

I've been wanting to throw in some Russian and Czech words but I don't really know where to start learning.. I was going to try and focus on one of the languages (probably Russian) and just say I am half Russian and half Chernarussian. That way you can mix the languages and the accent doesn't have to be spot on for either.

If anyone knows of guides to RPing as a native please share!!!

They speak Russian in the northern parts of chernarus its in the actual ARMA II lore I believe.

I can teach you some "mock russian" if you wanted its not difficult check the second post in the thread should basically sum it up for you.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

They speak Russian in the northern parts of chernarus its in the actual ARMA II lore I believe.

I can teach you some "mock russian" if you wanted its not difficult check the second post in the thread should basically sum it up for you.

Just spoke that out in my shitty accent and it does sound pretty believable :P I'd still prefer to learn like ACTUAL Russian words and sentences, even if its just a few. I'll try just talking absolute shit and see if people think its legit ;)

Valkerion    0

Just spoke that out in my shitty accent and it does sound pretty believable :P I'd still prefer to learn like ACTUAL Russian words and sentences, even if its just a few. I'll try just talking absolute shit and see if people think its legit ;)

That is Real russian and czech :P

"Ano Dobre Dann Jak se mat?"

Yes Hello how are you? - Czech

"da govoryu na vital du russkya?"

I can speak Russian can you? - Russian

(a very bad translation however) a real russian would be like you what?

Husky    0

I RP as a Chernarussian and have done so for quite a while, I honestly don't think much about it, what I do is I have a notepad on my second monitor with common Czech phrases that I use when I interact with another Chernarussian :)

It's best if you don't think about the fact that it's dumb you don't speak the same language, just go with English and a Chernarussian accent and you'll be fine :D

Reacher    2

I think you're overthinking it, personally. Just play to have fun, and enjoy the RP. I hear all kinds of accents, and I simply accept them and RP onward. Heck, I use all kinds of accents, too, but have never felt the need to learn one of the languages [lack of time, for starters...].

Clammy    0

Well, I have played a cherna-russian character and I have met many other cherna-russians who weren't in the same group as me. I basically treated other cherna-russains like brother's and sister's.

Owen    14

Feel that this has been discussed throughly but will leave it open for further discussion/development.

/solving