Server time: 2017-08-24, 05:13

Sign in to follow this  
silentscope214

slower zombies?

ive been playing for like 2 days now and ive seen that the zombies can kill u in a couple of hits but they all runn like in normal dayz... its just a thought that maybe u should keep the strength but just make them slower so we dont get bum rushed by like 8 super running zombies that can kill u instantly in a couple of hits when ur looting

I rarely have problems with zombies, if I get into trouble with zombies it's because I did something stupid usually :D

I think they're fine and the zombies are one of the main elements in our mod, they're supposed to be a big threat.

I rarely have problems with zombies, if I get into trouble with zombies it's because I did something stupid usually :D

I think they're fine and the zombies are one of the main elements in our mod, they're supposed to be a big threat.

well i was just thinking im not trying to shit on anything just was wondering

Tamaster92    14

they can be walking or running, nowhere in between sadly

Kanye    14

The speed isn't the issue. The pathing is a nightmare though when they zigzag up to you.

Mush    2

they can be walking or running, nowhere in between sadly

Perhaps just have all of them running like in TWD ;)

(Even though some run eventually).

vivallion    4

I've tried another dayz roleplay server (Dayzend) specificly, where zombies pose absolutely NO threat at all when they only walk. Just keep em the way they are, running and dangerous.

Risen Paul    0

My suggestion would be to make the zombies MORE dangerous, but delay the spawn-rate in return.

I'm only dying by infected when I suck with shots from a loud rifle.

That usually means I can't handle the numbers of zombie-backup at some point anymore and will be literally overrun.

I think my idea might result in a better suspense curve:

While the survivor still needs skills against the zombies, he would have a temporary reward once a certain area would have been cleaned.

As it is now, I think the constant zed-spawning is even affecting the role play at times.

More than once I had to cut a conversation with other people and parted ways, because it was predictable that we would not have been able to defend ourselves against the constant zombie-increase in the building we had been in.

From what I've heard, isn't it the way how walkers are in the Standalone: rarer, but deadlier :angry:?

Rick    19

It takes 15 min for zombies to re spawn, so it's not like your being rushed every second. The zombies over the months have been altered in many ways to try and find a good balance, and I think that the current way they are works fine. Zombies aren't that hard to deal with anyways. If you get overwhelmed, just run into a few buildings, you will lose all of them. Zombie attacks are a realistic part of RP as well. They are supposed to add a fear factor and make life difficult.

Risen Paul    0

- stuff -

I see where you are coming from and overall I'm happy with the current settings.

Yet there are a few places I'm always getting problems at:

When I'm in a group and one stumbles somehow while you check the military tents in Berezino for example, you can easily have the whole city storming at you in no time :D.

Hamakaze    12
so we dont get bum rushed by like 8 super running zombies that can kill u instantly in a couple of hits when ur looting

Simple solution watch your 6

+1

Thing is, I've always hated when people call the infected "Walkers". Perhaps with this, the term will be used correctly and wont irritate me as much and wanna KOS someone xD, not to mention, The dead should be growing slower as there bodies decompose hence making them slower since well, it has been almost two and a half years now. It would be nice to see this in the mod. and not the over power zombies that can knock you out in one hit, and run at your speed.

ive been playing for like 2 days now and ive seen that the zombies can kill u in a couple of hits but they all runn like in normal dayz... its just a thought that maybe u should keep the strength but just make them slower so we dont get bum rushed by like 8 super running zombies that can kill u instantly in a couple of hits when ur looting

Shoot the zombies...?

Stealth is the key and running through buildings to lose them helps as well. It is a definate adjustment when playing RP compared to a regular mod, but you will get used to them.

Guest kipaja2   
Guest kipaja2

Use the strafe left technique, they just spin around and don't hit you :P

Lildealer    0

Does anyone have a problem with the bleeding mechanic? I don't personally although my friend loses his mind over it and I'm not sure if I'm just lucky or his hes unlucky.

Guest Pimpiest Pimp   
Guest Pimpiest Pimp

+1

It would make sense, since zombies are supposed to be rotting away.