Server time: 2017-08-17, 06:07

Sign in to follow this  
Red

[IMPORTANT] Character Deleted after restart?

Red    137

Fellow Community Members,

There is currently a bug going on, as some of you might have noticed, where characters are being reset after a restart.

Why does this happen?

The character server does not load equally as fast as the server does.

So what can you do to avoid this from happening?

Simply wait for around five minutes before logging in to ensure that the character server has loaded in with the actual server. I have found this method to be working with me, since I too got my character deleted when I tried to quickly join a server after restart.

If the character reset persists after five minutes, let me know below.

Update: Additionally, it is worth noting that IF you run into this problem, one of the solutions is to immediately log out, join another server and then afterwards relog into DayZRP. There might be a chance of your character returning into his regular state.

Thanks for the tip Red. This happened to me the other day.

Unknown Entity    126

I posted this a couple of weeks ago. You have to wait for your character to reload on the main menu than reconnect, since I've been doing this, never had a restart.

Tamaster92    14

I posted this a couple of weeks ago. You have to wait for your character to reload on the main menu than reconnect, since I've been doing this, never had a restart.

False, the main menu char means absolutely nothing :)

You just have to wait a few mins before reconnecting is all

HAGGLE    5

Well then.. I'll probably still end up doing it, like kissing a lucky rabbit's foot ;)

Cid    332

The cause is joining the server as it restarts. If you want to keep your stuff wait 3-5 minutes before joining the server after it restarts. Ez pz

TrilbyAsh    6

Yep...I have suffered the curse of evil resetting.

I guess the server just honestly doesn't want me to have a mosin.

A little tip with anybody effected with this, try logging out of the server immediately and logging back in. You -might- get your character back. It has worked for some of the people I play with.

Guest Rhinjavar   
Guest Rhinjavar

What has worked every time for me is to immediately log out, then log into another server and let it load in your character there (probably a different character because the DayZRP server has its own), then log out from that server and return to the DayZRP server. It always returns my character to me. :)

Red    137

What has worked every time for me is to immediately log out, then log into another server and let it load in your character there (probably a different character because the DayZRP server has its own), then log out from that server and return to the DayZRP server. It always returns my character to me. :)

Thanks for the tip, i have added it into the OP.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

This happenef to me after I finnaly had some stuff and was near tittiebase the server restarted and I was a freshspawn north of fucking Guba. FUCKING NORTHBOF MOTORFUCKING GUBA baytch, never played SA RP again.

Kolja    0

My rule is. If server restart. Put the kettle on. Make sandwitch. Return with full belly.

Guest Rhinjavar   
Guest Rhinjavar

Unfortunately, I must retract my earlier solution - it has failed. I seem to have joined the server as it was restarting, having no idea that it was doing so. My character was wiped, so I exited and joined two other servers, then returned to no avail. :(

SweetJoe    278

You just have to wait a few mins before reconnecting is all

The time it takes for your character to reload on the main menu usually lets the server save your file. Also, waiting for the server to load fully before joining is key to not losing your character file.

Chriss    1

Just happend to me,

but how is it here with the NLR, on the one hand you died because of a bug, on the other you start from the beginnig again.

Guest Rhinjavar   
Guest Rhinjavar

Just happend to me,

but how is it here with the NLR, on the one hand you died because of a bug, on the other you start from the beginnig again.

The majority of people that I've played with use a "fudge factor" system. Basically, if you OOCly die/get wiped because of a bug then you can ICly make an excuse for why you are now back to the basics. Perhaps your character passed out and was robbed? Perhaps a large horde chased your character and they were forced to drop their gear to escape with their life? You can be creative in the reasoning for it.

To use an example, my character of Rabbit was traveling with Dorian Graves. They were well-equipped and had been on the road for some time. They stopped under a bridge to rest for the night (OOCly, we were logging off to sleep). However, when I later rejoined my character was wiped due to a server restart. Dorian and I decided that ICly we had been attacked during the night by bandits and were separated in the mayhem. Rabbit had been captured and his gear had been taken. At some point he managed to escape in the dark with nothing but his clothes and a flashlight (that's where I started as a fresh spawn).

Moxy    19

Just a heads up, of this happens to you there's no point in trying to find your body. Your character just simply reset so your gear is gone.

Pain-in-the    0

Just happend to me,

From my understanding all that would apply here would be to not return to your body, which is void if there is a bug, but there is no body since your character was just reset. I don't think it applies here, but you just have RP it. Maybe you went for a swim, got caught in a current, had to ditch your stuff to not drown, and now ended up further down the coast.

Chriss    1

Just a heads up, of this happens to you there's no point in trying to find your body. Your character just simply reset so your gear is gone.

Its really not about the gear, i run around civilian with a blaze and i think it wouldn't be that hard to find one. It was more about the storyline, that was created while i was traveling around and that "just disappearing" is a strange and non-rp- like ending.

Thanks for the example, Rhinjavar

Stickied thread for vision

I find that sometimes i wait a few minutes, until the server is about half full i join and my character is reset. Now i disconnect go to main menu and rejoin DayZRP and I'm back to my old self not sure why it does that but maybe give that try before you start all over again.