Server time: 2017-10-22, 13:50
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Doc

Hot/Cold

Doc    3

Hello members of DayZRP Community!

I come to you in my time of need. As of the recent update (with persistence being added), I have noticed a few changes. None too concerning, but the only change, or what I believe to be a change, is the management of temperature.

It's Fall right? Then how come my character is getting hot every 5 minutes. He doesn't move or run often, and tends to stay within 200 meters of his homestead. He walks almost everywhere and rarely ventures out, mind you. So again, why is he getting hot so easily? I can understand if he sprints or jogs everywhere, but he doesn't (usually).

I'd appreciate if the community could elaborate on the temperature indicators for me, as well. DayZ Wiki has little about weather effects and I cannot quite understand it.

If this needs to be moved to "Questions" I'd appreciate if a staff member could do that!

- Doc

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

It was fall before the update but I think the season with it now has been changed to summer, so running around with tight rain coats and gloves and all kinds of warm pieces of cloths that you usually wear during winter will pretty much make your character warm up real fast.

I have been running around in a shirt and summer hunting pants without gloves and I never have the problem of getting hot anymore.

Doc    3

It was fall before the update but I think the season with it now has been changed to summer....

276253_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Jackie-Chan_1280x1024.jpg

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

It was fall before the update but I think the season with it now has been changed to summer....

276253_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Jackie-Chan_1280x1024.jpg

Before update: it was cold

after update: its warm now because its summer

Get it now?

I have to beleive they have been testing cold tempatures for so long they turned the heat up abit(i dont think our admins have control over that)

or it has to do with constantly running/sprinting instead of walking/jogging i cant tell yet. (the whole body management part of this game)

Doc    3

Before update: it was cold

after update: its warm now because its summer

Get it now?

Yeah. Was that for all SA servers or just ours? If so, we should change it back to Autumn/Fall.

Doc    3

If you're sprinting everywhere you begin to get hot. It was around 3 Celisus where I live, went for a jog and I was sweating bullets by the end.

That' what I thought originally, but it seems that the game "temperature" is up from what it was. Ill be standing still and get hot all of a sudden!

If you're sprinting everywhere you begin to get hot. It was around 3 Celisus where I live, went for a jog and I was sweating bullets by the end.

That' what I thought originally, but it seems that the game "temperature" is up from what it was. Ill be standing still and get hot all of a sudden!

What's your character wearing?

Doc    3

What's your character wearing?

He was wearing an orange raincoat and wool hat, but I went on to wear a shirt and all seems fine.