Server time: 2017-10-21, 17:27
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Kolja

Claiming a house?

Kolja    0

Hello

Me and my friends re quite new to the community but we love te play we have had in the server so far.

We would like our characters to have a IC house where we could store some extra gear and stock up on food for bad times. We are thinking about a small lonely house in the forest. We will decorate it with stuff and put notes there for passers by to read our story.

we are of course aware of the risk that people will just storm in and steal everything but it would still be nice to have a house to call our own.

My question is if there is any rules around this. Should we apply in some way or do we just take a house?

You don't have to apply to own anything. IC you can say that it was your house. So don't worry you can say its your house.

Dougie    23

Nope, claim the house its yours... Good luck though, some people like to steal others stuff, so be careful who you take there... :)

Grihm    16

I think this is wonderful and i wish more would do it.

Fully supported from me and i wish you the best of luck.

Hoping i come across you to do some tradings fair and friendly.

Kolja    0

Great, we will decide on a place tonight then! Our plan is to leave a note together with some trade items so passers by can take what they need and leave something we need.

In game I am "Rodion Semenov" a local Nurse.

Kolja    0

Ok, so I went looking tonight and found the perfekt house! apple orchard, stream for fishing, lots of space, beautiful location faaaaaaar away from any well travelled roads (as proven by the big amount of loot found inside)

Vesper    0

Ok, so I went looking tonight and found the perfekt house! apple orchard, stream for fishing, lots of space, beautiful location faaaaaaar away from any well travelled roads (as proven by the big amount of loot found inside)

Looks beautiful. I'll see you soon.

evil-smile.gif

Kolja    0

BUUUUUUT, after carrying half of my stuff there I found a backpack, filled with books, pencils, a hat and some other stuff. And I realised that it looked like someone else had already claimed my perfect home!

[attachment=1410]

So I ask you out there, is it you? Do you recognise the house? And are you planning on using it. Otherwise I will find another location.

I left this note in the backpack, so, mysterious house owner, if you cannot answer here, I hope you put a response in the backpack. I will return tomorrow.

[attachment=1411]

Ender    644

its cool doing that but your best bet is to find a tent and hide it in the woods imma test and see how long a tent lasts on the server hopefully long i've heard reports of tents lasting untill server restart on persistence enabled servers and heard reports about them lasting up to 2 weeks

i'll keep you posted on how long it lasts

Kolja    0

Vesper: You are welcome, there is fried fish! (pleeeease don't take all my stuff!)

MrEnderMC: Yes, I would really like a tent, but I have not found one yet.

Right now I am experimenting in leaving stuff around in backpacks. So far every backpack I left around have stayed there (since saturday morning, so through quite a few server restarts) but a shovel, a sledgehammer and a fishingrod that I left on the ground dissapeared, strangely enough the ductape was still there.

It would be great to know what the persistance rules are, when do stuff on the ground dissapear? and how can you prevent it?

Ender    644

MrEnderMC: Yes, I would really like a tent, but I have not found one yet.

go to dubky just north up the hill from cherno lots of apartment buildings there i'll be going there next time im onling come say hi if you want <3

I've been claiming Novod Tower since before the patch.

I just never expect anything to be there when i get back.

Really nice of everyone to LEAVE ALL THE SKS AND BLAZES WITH NO AMMO AROUND, but I doubt you'll have that problem.

Ender    644

so mission sucsessful i have a tent i will start testing tomorrow good night everyone

centerbord    0

We found this message in the house!

Now everything will be wiped though with server maintenance but we will continue using the house and stacking it with food and supplies.

Rolle    2963

We found this message in the house!

Now everything will be wiped though with server maintenance but we will continue using the house and stacking it with food and supplies.

That's pretty awesome :)

centerbord    0

Now there is (was) a note on the porch and keys (lockpick) besides it. The best would be if we could put the lockpicks in a shoe =)

SatansNightOut    105

Okay, so there's this Project Zomboid server I've gone to, and they have similar (somewhat) rules as DayZRP. They're a bit more "PvE", but they have this rule that states: In order to claim a house, you must leave a note outside that says it belongs to your character.

People aren't allowed to rob domiciles.

OBVIOUSLY, I wouldn't want this rule implemented. Too unrealistic.

But how do people feel about the idea of "claiming" your house with a note? Bad idea? Good idea?

Even asking, somehow I feel there are so many negative consequences.

At the same time, I'd find it awkward if two people claimed the same household and then logged into one or the other some day. xD

Anyway, I always found the idea somewhat intriguing. Not that it'd work here, but....

Rolle    2963

Okay, so there's this Project Zomboid server I've gone to, and they have similar (somewhat) rules as DayZRP. They're a bit more "PvE", but they have this rule that states: In order to claim a house, you must leave a note outside that says it belongs to your character.

But how do people feel about the idea of "claiming" your house with a note? Bad idea? Good idea?

At the same time, I'd find it awkward if two people claimed the same household and then logged into one or the other some day. xD

Anyway, I always found the idea somewhat intriguing. Not that it'd work here, but....

Obviously if there'a a note outside or inside the house saying that "this house is mine -X" then it's claimed. Does that stop anyone from re-claiming or taking stuff from it? Not really. Claiming a house at this moment does not really imply anything.

centerbord    0

In the most realistic scenario I think most survivour would create a home, most likely by claiming a house or the like. Some might live as nomads scavenging the countryside though.. and maybe this would become more attractive as the local resources grew thin.

I love it when you find signs of other players staying at places you visit, old campfires, discarded loot, notes etc. It is a good way to create immersion and add to the feeling of a living world.

If two groups claimed the same home I guess they'd had to RP it out, with or without threats and violence. That would be so fun!

SatansNightOut    105

Obviously if there'a a note outside or inside the house saying that "this house is mine -X" then it's claimed. Does that stop anyone from re-claiming or taking stuff from it? Not really. Claiming a house at this moment does not really imply anything.

Yeaaah, I know. But at the same time, if someone realizes the house is being used, they most-often won't want to use it for their own lair, or what-not. People want their own private area...not a place they have to share with other people (aside from close friends), whether or not they have different time zones. xD

But yeah, it's an ultimately useless idea. I've just been itching to bring up that idea since playing on that PZ server, lol.

Of course, on that PZ server, people lose their shit all the time.

Owen    16

Obviously this is very basic at the moment with pick locks for closing doors but I feel that claiming houses should as said be done with a note(s) at this time. With persistence added it should stay so people looking at the house know that it belongs to someone. Though you can't really lock down houses to a point where it belongs to someone yet. But I feel in an apocalypse you can't truely clame it only be guests in it. Also there is no one from attacking and claiming that house. Maybe treat them as PCBs in the mod for the time being until more advanced methods of baricades are implemented.

SatansNightOut    105

Obviously this is very basic at the moment with pick locks for closing doors but I feel that claiming houses should as said be done with a note(s) at this time. With persistence added it should stay so people looking at the house know that it belongs to someone. Though you can't really lock down houses to a point where it belongs to someone yet. But I feel in an apocalypse you can't truely clame it only be guests in it. Also there is no one from attacking and claiming that house. Maybe treat them as PCBs in the mod for the time being until more advanced methods of baricades are implemented.

And with people doing the whole "Elektro police force" and such... I think it'd be interesting if people decided to try and be "governors"... err, not like Phillip Blake, or anything, but organizing a makeshift government?

Maybe getting a "deed" to a house? xD

I mean, who needs an ArmA Life server? We can DayZRP Life it up. :)

But seriously, the notes do add a good dimension of gameplay.