Server time: 2017-08-18, 20:21

Sign in to follow this  
SatansNightOut

[Suggestion] Trade Radio Channel

Would an SA Trade Radio Channel on TS3 be useful?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would an SA Trade Radio Channel on TS3 be useful?

• Sure.
    • Nah.
    • I have a better idea... (explain)

SatansNightOut    105

Samdo123's thread made me think... maybe we can have a trade channel on TS3 for SA?

Obviously, there'd have to be a few rules, such as no sitting around BSing for no reason, no AFKing, and no hostilities and such.

I'm sure there are both positives and negatives, but what does everyone else think? What are the pros and cons of this? Would this be useful at all, or just irrelevant?

Let's discuss. :)

Sauce    43

Yeah, I second this.

A fully RPed Radio channel? That would be cool...

(Great RP on TS the other night BTW)

SatansNightOut    105

Yeah, I second this.

A fully RPed Radio channel? That would be cool...

(Great RP on TS the other night BTW)

Hey, yeah! That was you! :D Sorry we couldn't meet up.

I was definitely so looking forward to it, but then I got lost (not sure how... >_>) and then I got a huge headache and had to get to bed. xD

Unknown Entity    126

I remember the days when on the mod people used to use the forums for trading. I really don't want that again (0RP), but a TS channel isn't that bad of an idea.

It would have to be fullRp inside the channel though.

Just don't forget that some will want to use this as a trap and never trade alone.

SatansNightOut    105

I remember the days when on the mod people used to use the forums for trading. I really don't want that again (0RP), but a TS channel isn't that bad of an idea.

It would have to be fullRp inside the channel though.

Just don't forget that some will want to use this as a trap and never trade alone.

Yeah, it'd be totally IC (hopefully). Like Sauce and I are talking about, we had some good TS3 text radio RP that was fun and could have been more so (had I made my way to the meeting point xD). Of course, there might be people baiting naive survivors, but I still think it could be fun and work out. :)

I don't think this is needed in my opinion. We can ask for a radio chatter section on the forums for SA but a channel? Multiple people in the channel trying to trade might get messy and unless a lot are in there already how effective do you think your messege be? Or no one to hear it? Not everyone uses TS either.

I say trade in game or on the forums. If not a radio section then maybe a trade thread. I think more could see it and it may be more effective.

SatansNightOut    105

I don't think this is needed in my opinion. We can ask for a radio chatter section on the forums for SA but a channel? Multiple people in the channel trying to trade might get messy and unless a lot are in there already how effective do you think your messege be? Or no one to hear it? Not everyone uses TS either.

I say trade in game or on the forums. If not a radio section then maybe a trade thread. I think more could see it and it may be more effective.

We do have a trade thread. It's messy, and ineffective. And apparently you don't remember how bad TP was, lol. The thing is, you don't HAVE to join the trade channel. It's not like walking into the TP and having no way to ignore everything. You have the choice to join Trade Channel, so to speak. And again, I stress the fact that there would/will be rules: No BSing for no reason (no random chatting), no AFKing, etc.

I honestly can't see how it'd be any worse than the calamity that occurred at TP. At least this a radio channel that you can monitor before actually making the choice to meet up and trade.

In actuality, I've already had some great RP radio messages over TS3 that were both good trade opportunities AND great potential for RP (Please read everything before you jump to conclusions).

You're jumping the gun by immediately discrediting the idea without even bothering to try it.

Why not? If it doesn't work, then abolish it. But you don't know until you try. :)

Kolja    0

I love the IC radio channel idea! Not only for trading but for general radio RP

SatansNightOut    105

I love the IC radio channel idea! Not only for trading but for general radio RP

General radio RP can easily be done between friends via private messages or the rooms you guys are in.

The point of a trading channel is to keep it STRICTLY economical. If you're just there to bullshit, then GTFO! :D At least, that'd be my policy. :)

Kolja    0

Ok. But I would also like a general radio channel. A place to go "hello is anyone out there. Please I need help. My family is starving and we need fold. Please help us". A place to find other players via an IC channel. Useble by both friendlies and deceptive bandits :)

Unknown Entity    126

Ok. But I would also like a general radio channel. A place to go "hello is anyone out there. Please I need help. My family is starving and we need fold. Please help us". A place to find other players via an IC channel. Useble by both friendlies and deceptive bandits :)

I never go on TS, but to my recall their are public SA channels with people in them. You can use those.

Chriss    1

Well, but it could be a bit wired, when everybody is listing up his inventory and what he is looking for. Maybe it would be better to use the channel for meeting and then trading. Or different channels like one emercancy-channel, one trading-channel...

I really like the idea of Kolja, would be a good RP-enviroment

Kolja    0

I never go on TS, but to my recall their are public SA channels with people in them. You can use those.

Ok. I am quite new to the community. But are there any IC only channels? And would it not be good to have one dedicated radio channel. I cant find one.

Unknown Entity    126

Ok. I am quite new to the community. But are there any IC only channels? And would it not be good to have one dedicated radio channel. I cant find one.

I believe they are all technically IC only. Some clans go OOC on their TS for better RP preparation (or just for lolz), but public chans should be IC, would need confirming by a regular user though.

We do have a trade thread. It's messy, and ineffective. And apparently you don't remember how bad TP was, lol. The thing is, you don't HAVE to join the trade channel. It's not like walking into the TP and having no way to ignore everything. You have the choice to join Trade Channel, so to speak. And again, I stress the fact that there would/will be rules: No BSing for no reason (no random chatting), no AFKing, etc.

I honestly can't see how it'd be any worse than the calamity that occurred at TP. At least this a radio channel that you can monitor before actually making the choice to meet up and trade.

In actuality, I've already had some great RP radio messages over TS3 that were both good trade opportunities AND great potential for RP (Please read everything before you jump to conclusions).

You're jumping the gun by immediately discrediting the idea without even bothering to try it.

Why not? If it doesn't work, then abolish it. But you don't know until you try. :)

I am not jumping the gun at all and I infact did read the thread beforehand. One persons good experience is not everyone's. Just because I have my doubts about the idea does not mean I am discrediting it. I am stating my own opinion

You say you did not like trade post and you do not like a forum thread, I expect a channel to be much the same. And who is going to monitor the channel? How are those willing to trade going to make that clear to the SA community to begin with? Go around poking those in TS already? I can see some getting annoyed with that, tabbing out is not a favorable thing to do for most.

There are multiple public channels already, you use them, you already said you have had messages over TS, was that a difficult thing to achieve?

I can see the channel either being over busy and no one able to effectively use it or no one using it and unable to communicate their message to anyone in the end. There are public channels, use them to communicate with each other or meet people IG travelling and trading. I hear there is a bustling town already, why not set up trading there?

SatansNightOut    105

Oh, well. I guess we'll just leave it at speculation, then, without ever truly knowing. :P

There is a radio chatter trading thread for a reason so I don't see a need for this.