MrDisGood

[POLL] DayZRP Standalone - Gear Respawn/Persistance

What should the server be?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. What should the server be?

• Persistant
    • Non-Persistant

MrDisGood    0

Ok, so I had asked a question about this before so make sure to read this first - http://www.dayzrp.com/t-dayz-standalone-gear-spawning

Now, I have gathered all the information now and want to make a complete suggestion with all the details.

So, the 'problem' I am looking to solve is that gear is too scarce in high-RP areas. I mean such as Novo, Elektro, Cherno, etc.

Now I've experienced this first hand with a few people in Novo who were starving and poorly clothed because Berezino, Svet, and Novo ALL had little to nothing. Now the argument is that when gear is picked up on one area that it then re-spawns somewhere else. Now, this is either false or broken. For I've been all around Novo and found nothing new, both before and after restarts. Now this is sad because there is a good RP at Novo tower of a sort of safe haven. But without a supply of gear they can't stay there.

Now, why is persistence a problem? Well gear does not spawn as it 'should'. It is argued it spawns slower, like explained above, but that is clearly untrue or it spawns at towns in the middle of nowhere that have no one there to RP with. And this is a RP server.

Now to play devil's advocate: This could possibly be a good thing. The RP of scavenging around and being desperate could be fun. That is, if it happens. People usually result to banditry in major areas, or keep to themselves while they loot.

Now, would the server be better on non-persistence? Maybe? The problem is people like setting bases up with lights, tents, stores, etc. But, with gear spawning stashes aren't important and bases can be re-made constantly. As well, you can RP quickly once geared. I personally don't like RPing as a fresh spawn or something close to one.

Now, the biggest thing that makes me upset is that it is possible to get gear easily. It's just really idiotic. You see, Mista is a town off the the side in the middle of nowhere. Yet it is the most important town on the server. Why? It's broken. It re-spawns gear normally, BUT, the gear doesn't go away since it's persistence. Why is this a problem? The entire server's gear gets stuck in one place in giant piles of clothing and food.

Well, now that my rambling is over, post what you think below and vote in the poll.

Should be set to non-persistant until the spawn rate vs persistance is balanced.

Right now I think we should go back to non-persistence. Just until the Devs sort it out for it's fair for new spawns etc, I love the idea of it but right now it's becoming a nuisance.

Buck99    0

Should be set to non-persistant until the spawn rate vs persistance is balanced.

Totally agree with you thumper

MrDisGood    0

Personally I like persistent since it lets you keep stuff laying around, but I think your right Thumper. I didn't think of this but it should only be put back when it is fixed.

Cid    332

Doesn't bother me too much. Plant tomatoes if you get hungry, explore the map to gather supplies. Your town isn't going to have loot forever. The more people explore the map as well as plant tomatoes for hunger/hydration the less problems you'll have and the loot will re-balance towards the higher-pop areas.. at least I hope. I say give it a bit more time for people to understand how the system works and to actually go around and loot the smaller towns before making a decision like this. For example, I could probably go through Shakovka (I think that is how you spell it) and come out with at least 5 cans of food, a water bottle at the very least, and a few sodas. I could probably also dress myself.

EDIT: I do understand it does suck for new-spawns though. There is pretty much no loot along the coast which means you have to immediately rush inland in hopes the towns you go through are stocked. Just because I personally don't have a problem with the system currently doesn't mean others don't. With that being said, I would be fine with or without persistence on currently, but would prefer it to stay. People need to get used to how the game will be.

Moxy    19

I like the difficulty of it. I'm starving all the time, forced to search every nook and cranny. If the server restarts randomly, whatever is in front of me stays there.

I vote keep it how it is. Harder it is to survive, the more we are forced to get creative (i constantly have to catch rain water) and search every building.

Tamaster92    14

You clearly dont understand how the game is supposed to work.

Eventually this IS how the game will be whether you want it or not. Loot spawns as loot is taken and no, of course it doesn't spawn where there are currently players as that would be dumb.

You are complaining that the areas where most people go have no loot? OF COURSE THEY DO, everyone has already looted it! It's easy to find gear you just have to actually search around now so it isn't so easy and carebear.

I'm voting for persistance since tbh it's half the appeal of RP. If i cant keep tents, plants, locked doors, notes etc. There is no end game and i gear then... what? it's boring and there is no progression.

You have basically asked to turn a massive feature off just because the game is actually difficult now, no. Just... no.

Moxy    19

You have basically asked to turn a massive feature off just because the game is actually difficult now, no. Just... no.

Exactly.

Pixel115    0

I voted for non-persistant but Moxy and Tamaster have a good point, it makes it harder and I actually prefer it to be harder to find loot, some good moments can come from rationing food and water among a large group of people

Cid    332

People also have to start taking advantage of hunting. Gather matches and go out hunting for food because eventually you aren't going to be able to rely on canned goods. You won't always be able to get the specific clothes you want and you won't always be able to be a walking armory. Guns will become difficult to find and expect to see people running around with various melee weapons. This game isn't supposed to be easy and you are going to have to get creative.

KpopKilla    64

I love the difficulty in this game. If persistence was turned off I wouldn't even play anymore. Would be too easy.

Tamaster92    14

I'd also point out there is a large chance that changing would result in another wipe

Lets be honest here, it is no fun fist fighting a zombie for five minutes as a fresh spawn then bleeding out because you forgot to tear up your shirt. If it was not for the gear whoring people have been doing I would still be a naked fresh spawn, thank you to whom ever left me loot at devils castle, road house, hunter hut.. The guns and bags top full of ammo and clothes helped me a lot.

As for difficulty, I would expect more votes or calls for first person.

HAGGLE    5

At first I thought it was going to be too easy and with pristine items everywhere.. but now, not so much. It's become a very nice (and refreshing) challenge to the usual DayZ. I vote to keep persistence. It has made my hunt for clothing to sell VERY hard. This keeps me playing, always hunting for better clothing to barter with. Also, this has given a use to all my sewing kits and leather sewing kits finally. We have to keep mending our gear if we want to keep it.

Agreed. Currently the spawn rate and where everything spawn's is unbalanced and weird at this stage.

Its broken as all hell. When I walk into a shed and there are 25 wrenches, 34 hoes, and 1052 sets of gloves, thats not a massive feature. That's broken shit.

Tamaster92    14

Its broken as all hell. When I walk into a shed and there are 25 wrenches, 34 hoes, and 1052 sets of gloves, thats not a massive feature. That's broken shit.

No, it isnt.

It is literally working perfectly just they need to add some sort of item amount limiter per building.

It's pretty simple tbh -

area where everyone loots = no or hardly any loot

area where people dont normally look = loot

I's realistic, encourages people to move around the map and explore, and also makes it more interesting to search in the nooks and crannies for stuff.

It also enables notes, tents, backpacks, growing food, stashes, corpses, locking doors and much more.

The core argument here is -

Moaning because the places that are easy to loot are looted so make the game easy again.

Just no.

Just look around...I have at least 10 bags filled with good water and ammo around the map. Just because stuff is rare where you would expect it to be does not mean it's not there. Keep it persistant.

Ivekef    0

I have nothing against persistence as I personally feel it to be a great change from the usual format, but however there are a few tweaks that would need fixing before I will change my vote from non-persistence to persistence. The main thing I have a problem with now is that the water pumps do not work as of the 0.50 patch.

"As of version 0.50 the water pump are bugged and not working." (http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Water_Pumps)

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

I love the difficulty in this game. If persistence was turned off I wouldn't even play anymore. Would be too easy.

HAGGLE    5

The main thing I have a problem with now is that the water pumps do not work as of the 0.50 patch.

"As of version 0.50 the water pump are bugged and not working." (http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Water_Pumps)

Our group was just talking last night about how we love the fact they are not working. We had to desperately search for water again, it was a good challenge. Though, it would be nice to have a few working ones and a few dry ones.

SilentKill    0

Game gets alittle challenging an all the loot whores start crying... the games not just about killing, you scavenge and survive, me and my group have been doing just fine making adjustments and surviving. If we cannot find what we need from our environment we take it from players.

The persistent loot does need tweaking but its def. not a game breaker. I say keep it the way it is.

EDIT: Pumps are not working, but it didn't slow us down we found ponds, streams, rain since it frequently rains and you can catch rain now...adjust its alpha.