Server time: 2017-10-21, 04:50
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
MrDisGood

DayZ Standalone Gear Spawning

Question

MrDisGood    0

So ya uh... Standalone...

Now, gear was re-spawning a few days ago but now I've noticed nothing new spawning. Is there some reason for this? Because since this is a private hive it will become unplayable soon if new gear doesn't enter circulation. Also it is really annoying/boring...

18 answers to this question

RoryJam    0

The server has persistence mode on, basically, gear stays on the server across restart, making it more difficult, with less loot spawns.

SatansNightOut    105

I believe admins can do a "hard" restart. However, I imagine the community will want to help decide what kind of time-limit this happens in. Plus if someone finds a tent and places it, I'm not sure if it'll persist through a hard restart...

Question is, do we want a hard restart once a week? A month? etc.

Kolja    0

I love the new loot rules! Less stuff means more survival gaming. I just had a lovely scene where three of us staved to deth together in the rain. Less loot also means more trading and that bandits have more need of stealing for example food It will also force us all to learn trapping farming and fishing to survive. Less guns and ammo will make the zombies harder and make it more pve instead of pvp. Also now nwhatever you find makes you amazingly happy insted of finding just anothrr AkM after an hours gameplay. Hurray for low loot!

Guest Liquid   
Guest Liquid

Sooner or later the admin will be able to choose what is persistent on the map be that tents with gear or everything on the server. When the DayZ Devs stop playing their cards so damn close to their chest and release some rudimentary tools we will start to see real improvement for our player base.

MrDisGood    0

Honestly, it's a awful thing in my opinion. I've been after restart and literally NO gear has spawned. Which means if you die once you lose your entire set and can't get a new one (usually). And the whole argument about stashes is really one sided. The people who hoard gear are a minority and it isn't important. You'll have a majority of close to fresh spawns and a handful of geared players. It is more fun to simply have spawning gear.

And the whole argument about stashes is really one sided. The people who hoard gear are a minority and it isn't important.

I'm not arguing as I myself do not hoard or stash anything, I was just making a point that a hard reset would upset the ones who do hoard and stash. I also agree that persistence tends to screw over the other kind of people who do not stash and have a hard time gearing up when they die. You can't please everyone.

Guest Liquid   
Guest Liquid

-snip-

But isn't gear respawning on tho or did the DayZ Devs disable it? AGAIN!!.

But isn't gear respawning on tho or did they disable it?.

Gear is respawning, but in a different way. With persistence enabled, when one item is picked up anywhere on the map, another item respawns ANYWHERE on the map. The best way to find new items is to move things around and keep moving to new places.

tnkydoe    14

So if you lock a door or move things into a house before a restart will it stay that way?

MrDisGood    0

I've been told by my friends that all the gear has been spawning over is Mista. So it seems it is just broken. So perhaps its best to just change it back? So we don't have a gear fest at Mista?

I've been told by my friends that all the gear has been spawning over is Mista. So it seems it is just broken. So perhaps its best to just change it back? So we don't have a gear fest at Mista?

Well see the way it works is, as soon as the rest of the server begins to loot Mista, soon Mista will become the rest of the map. The rest of the map will then generate some more goods in other places, kind of encouraging us to go different places here and there.

This explains why major cities and airfields have almost nothing. Do I like this? Not really, but it's realistic. Persistence has its ups and downs, one of them being that you can hoard stuff somewhere and leave it there and not worry about the server eating it. Players today are making small bases in homes because of this. Problem is, all that stuff is lying around, nothing else is spawning.

Might want to make a poll about this whole persistence thing in the SA suggestions.

Msta has a lot of gear only because not many people go there, so as gear respawns over the map, places few people go to will tend to pile up, it's not a bug. The item respawn is spread over the map, the players looting is not, hence the disparity.

Owen    14

Looks like that your question has been answered throughly enough by people for you. As Carib said you can make a suggestion about persistence if you feel for SA and make a possible poll for it.Will leave this open glfor further discussion and replies.

Personally I like having to look for stuff as when you find something good it is an achievement. Loot is common if you look in the right places though. Me and Alessandro found a lot in some towns which are new. Any way solving the thread

/solved

Mikachu    26

Easy

Don't loot in obvious places

In a apocalypse the most populated areas would stripped clean and the less populated would still have supplies - just as it is in dayz

I have found about 5 greedy stashes and one not so greedy so I put all my stuff in the tent.