Server time: 2017-08-18, 07:03

Sign in to follow this  
PJKondra

Pristine Everything

PJKondra    0

Just curious if anyone else was finding that all the loot they were finding was in pristine condition? After a half hour ive concluded that im not just extremely lucky and that its a bug. Anyone else have this occur after the new patch?

Honestly, it's not so bad when you consider persistence. If loot starts to get sparse in places, there'll be more pressure to repair than replace.

PJKondra    0

Yep, but i dont mind it like this :troll:

Oh im not complaining, just making sure my game isnt bugging out!

Honestly, it's not so bad when you consider persistence. If loot starts to get sparse in places, there'll be more pressure to repair than replace.

So the persistence is why high traffic areas have no loot? ( like military barracks)

So the persistence is why high traffic areas have no loot? ( like military barracks)

Pretty much, yeah.

While we are at the topic of low amounts of military loot, did anyone find an AK74-magazine yet ? I have yet to find one although I looted every military camp around the map at least twice.

PJKondra    0

While we are at the topic of low amounts of military loot, did anyone find an AK74-magazine yet ? I have yet to find one although I looted every military camp around the map at least twice.

I found one, along with a long range scope. Unfortunately i haven't found either an ak or a mosin, so both are useless with my .22. Can't remember if i left the mag behind or not...

I found one, along with a long range scope. Unfortunately i haven't found either an ak or a mosin, so both are useless with my .22. Can't remember if i left the mag behind or not...

We have most kinds of civilian rifles at Novod Tower, but we haven't even had any luck finding pistol magazines, let alone rifle mags. Not even a .22 mag to be found.

Well, I already found two or three AK74s and in case you still have that mag, I am interested in it, just saying :P

Edit: And I already found two mags for the M1911 in police stations but other than that I didn't find any magazines for any gun either other than a clip for the SKS and a 30 rnd mag for the AKM

PJKondra    0

We have most kinds of civilian rifles at Novod Tower, but we haven't even had any luck finding pistol magazines, let alone rifle mags. Not even a .22 mag to be found.

Really? Ive found a makarov mag and 2 .22 30 round mags, guess ive got a lucky horse shoe or two :P

Well, I already found two or three AK74s and in case you still have that mag, I am interested in it, just saying :P

Edit: And I already found two mags for the M1911 in police stations but other than that I didn't find any magazines for any gun either other than a clip for the SKS and a 30 rnd mag for the AKM

Ill check tomorrow and if i still have it you can have it.

Bubbles    31

How am I gonna get my badly damaged/ruined tracksuit now :(

Ill check tomorrow and if i still have it you can have it.

Thanks, just send me a PM or try and contact me over the DayZRP TS in case you still have it :P

Get somebody to shoot you in the chest while you are wearing it ?

Murdercool    32

I've heard that over time things start to become less pristine and less common. So one day you'll have such a small chance to ever find anything pristine. It's all to do with persistence.

Bubbles    31

Get somebody to shoot you in the chest while you are wearing it ?

That's gotta hurt.

Owen    13

I've heard that over time things start to become less pristine and less common. So one day you'll have such a small chance to ever find anything pristine. It's all to do with persistence.

This is correct I believe. This is part of the persistence feature which has been intoduced. Is very interesting now gathering supplies as stuff is uncommon now. Though the feature itself hopefully means that item do eventually become worse over time.

Chriss    1

I think, the reason why some people find a lot of weapons and some find none, is that loot doesn,t respawn maybe. So it looks like at the beginning there is a lot of stuff but when someone grabs it, there wont spawn something again, maybe because the object is still ingame but now in a players hand, maybe when the owner dies it can be found where he died or respawns,?

It also made me think, that i found many hacksaws in one place.

Red    137

The persistence feature is meant so that the game starts off with everything prestine.. and then as time passes the quality will degrade. Obviously stuff will still respawn but it takes a LONG time before they do. This will eventually make scavenging a lot harder. Supplies will be hard to find.

Just imagine having to fight your enemies off with a Melee weapon for once or with limited bullets, rather than just assault rifles with 20 magazines.

I really like the realism with this patch. The game has been so enjoyable to play lately.

Smith    1

The persistence feature is meant so that the game starts off with everything prestine.. and then as time passes the quality will degrade. Obviously stuff will still respawn but it takes a LONG time before they do. This will eventually make scavenging a lot harder. Supplies will be hard to find.

Just imagine having to fight your enemies off with a Melee weapon for once or with limited bullets, rather than just assault rifles with 20 magazines.

I really like the realism with this patch. The game has been so enjoyable to play lately.

I like the idea that in the finished product, after quite a while ingame eventually it will be just melee weapons and bows. Back to the dark ages.

My only annoyance is the wells not being usable. I do like the realism. I go to a building and see the doors open and think "someone's already looted" so if I find anything of value, I can be glad that they 'missed' something.

Red    137

I like the idea that in the finished product, after quite a while ingame eventually it will be just melee weapons and bows. Back to the dark ages.

My only annoyance is the wells not being usable. I do like the realism. I go to a building and see the doors open and think "someone's already looted" so if I find anything of value, I can be glad that they 'missed' something.

Yeah particularly the last part you said. I find it incredibly satisfying knowing that a building has already been raided, and I still managed to find something of worth because I kept my eyes open.

I'm not sure if persistence will go that far that we will have to fight strictly with melee weapons and bows, but that would certainly be cool!

Cedrea    1

They are taking DayZ back to .49 because of this I heard. Sad.

No no no no no no no no no!

Red    137

wait wut? source please?

This is the best patch so far! (with the exception of broken water pumps)

Cedrea    1

Nevermind. To hell with this. Back to 0.49.. I don't care anymore.. damn ship wreck D:

Clammy    0

wait wut? source please?

This is the best patch so far! (with the exception of broken water pumps)

Well, it says in game that it will be going back to .49, I'll research see what I can find