Server time: 2017-08-19, 03:51

Sign in to follow this  
Frozen

Why are randoms on SA not being kicked?

Frozen    45

There is a lot of times people with not RP names that join and in some cases KoS.

I know it can be possible to kick, why don't we see it be done though?

Also isn't it possible that banned player join the server? They make a new account and quickly add the SA GUID just log in knowing the password and KoS. Not sure if this is possible but also wanted to ask, how do randoms join without filling out applications? Or are they all just DayZRP players who didn't add an RP name?

Also isn't is possible that banned player join? They quickly make and account and add a SA account and just log in knowing the password and KoS.

Please type that down again.

Frozen    45

Also isn't is possible that banned player join? They quickly make and account and add a SA account and just log in knowing the password and KoS.

Please type that down again.

On my phone sorry. Give me a sec.

Frozen    45

Record and report, record and report.

Isn't that how this is always supposed to go?

I suppose but it'a still unsure to me if admins actually do have logs or just say they do to intimidate us.

The whitelist is meant to stop players isn't it?

Conor    243

How do randoms join?

They make an account on the website.

Complete and pass the whitelisting process successfully, add their SA GUID to their account and join the server.

They have to be whitelisted to join.

Tamaster92    14

It is possible for admins to kick them but you can't expect the admins to sit constantly waiting to kick people?

If you see someone just poke a admin and hope they get it done :)

Dishes    159

Yeah there are people getting on the server that don't have RP names.

A few I remember are "Bananaman", "af0", and "owner".... I actually talked to the "owner" guy and I think he's someone new here cause he did say he was new to RP and stuff... so yeah.

Hex    31

I can imagine alot of people who play the SA normally ( not on DayzRP server ) forget to switch their names to something RP based from time to time is all.

Frozen    45

Alright. It's just yesterday (Mick Thompson and Samulii are witnesses) we met a guy who just met us and then straight out typed "are u guys on ts?"

Grihm    16

Can´t we extend the whitelist by having people playing the mod for a week or so first? Since we don´t have kill logs (yet) i mean.

TrilbyAsh    6

Can´t we extend the whitelist by having people playing the mod for a week or so first? Since we don´t have kill logs (yet) i mean.

Sound idea in concept, but not -everyone- has ARMA II. Some might have just been introduced to the idea of DayZ. We shouldn't force them to buy a game they'll only play for a week, just so they have the "Privilege" of playing on our one particular server. They'll just go somewhere else.

A week wouldn't change anything and requires way more micromanagement than is realistically possible. If they get whitelisted then they have passed what they should.

If you see someone just poke a admin and hope they get it done :)

Listen to the Saints of RP

Grihm    16

Sound idea in concept, but not -everyone- has ARMA II. Some might have just been introduced to the idea of DayZ. We shouldn't force them to buy a game they'll only play for a week, just so they have the "Privilege" of playing on our one particular server. They'll just go somewhere else.

It´s a very good point. The whitelist is good, but i too have seen random leetnames on the server, so something else would be good as an extra layer.

TrilbyAsh    6

Listen to the Saints of RP

<3

But yeah. It's just Alpha-teething. This is just the first iteration of private shards, and I'm sure we'll see more Admin Tools soon enough. For now, just record, report, and poke an Admin if you see people with goofy names lingering about.