Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Mikachu

DayZ Status Report - Week beginning 03/11/14

Mikachu    26

*A day late this week sorry!*

http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-03-nov-14

All discussion here please :)

I aim to make a thread each week for people to discuss news from the status reports so feel free to chat and such.

Highlights this week include:

- First implementation of vehicles

- Competition to win a year of hosting

- 0.50 hits stable

- + more!

Mikachu    26

Just noticed that they are gonna add an option to shoot from the vehicle :D Thats really nice!

Yeah its in A3 atm, if you own the game go try it out. It works REALLY well and makes me excited to see it in DayZ

TrilbyAsh    6

I hope more than just myself has entered DayZRP into that Private Shard thing. A year's free hosting would be an insanely epic thing to happen for us, and we all know we're the best community around, right?

As for the 0.50 patch, I'm pretty damn happy about the implementation of the Barricading system(Even if it's just crude lockable doors atm), and farming, naturally. Two good aspects that can be used for RPing. I'm also particularly looking forward to, and dreading, the arrival of vehicles.

Just noticed that they are gonna add an option to shoot from the vehicle :D Thats really nice!

Yeah its in A3 atm, if you own the game go try it out. It works REALLY well and makes me excited to see it in DayZ

Did they add that in the patch from the other day?

Grihm    16

Good plan =)

Was in trying to play a bit yesterday, and i did sense some rather big improvements and some rather annoying as well.

1: Loot disterbution was a lot better, or actually more in so many more places. Now some of the previous always empty houses had actual loot.

2: Walkers felt more aggressive. Both good and bad, since i now drew aggro from 250 meters away sometimes, but now they stalk you in houses as well a bit more so that felt fun!

3: The lack of response when switching weapons nearly got me killed a few times. Very low response even so not to happy about that one.

4: Problems loading shotguns. In short, i got told my weapon was full when nothing was loaded, and also it annoys me i cannot uncock it to load an extra shell after shooting 1 of the 2. For that to be done, one has to unload the first and then reload both barrels.

Mikachu    26

Did they add that in the patch from the other day?

Yeah, was part of the helicopter update