Server time: 2017-10-18, 15:06
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Hellsome

Standalone persistence spawning no new loot?

Hellsome    0

I've been noticing that all the loot that has been there pre-restart is staying there post-restart in the same exact location. This would be fine for loot that players drop and want to keep somewhere, however there seems to be NO new loot spawning. It this true or is it just me?

Hex    31

To my knowledge, loot for persistence works like this:

A player picks up a piece of loot, this triggers something in the server to respawn another piece of loot ANYWHERE on the map. this could be a few feet from you, or a few miles away from you, it just makes something new spawn after a given set of time, I'm not to sure what that time is, I think its like 15-30 minutes?

SatansNightOut    105

Also, I think there are both "soft" and "hard" resets... meaning, the admins could do a soft restart and the loot wouldn't be affected. A hard restart would respawn everything entirely.

I think.

I could be wrong. In fact, I probably am. But I heard this somewhere... o_o

SykoWolf    0

I believe the way persistence works is that when you pick up an item in one location, another item will respawn in another location eventually. So, places where people loot constantly, such as military bases, will have pretty much no loot. Cities along the coast will run dry pretty quickly.

Then you may stumble across a town that people havent been to much, and it will be full of loot. Im talking about insane amounts of random stuff.

So its a little bit odd, but I expect the system to be smoothed out over time. Until then, everyone scavenging at the military bases daily are destroying the loot there. Because it will not respawn.

At least thats how I understand it to work atm, I could be wrong.

Mikachu    26

I believe the way persistence works is that when you pick up an item in one location, another item will respawn in another location eventually. So, places where people loot constantly, such as military bases, will have pretty much no loot. Cities along the coast will run dry pretty quickly.

Then you may stumble across a town that people havent been to much, and it will be full of loot. Im talking about insane amounts of random stuff.

So its a little bit odd, but I expect the system to be smoothed out over time. Until then, everyone scavenging at the military bases daily are destroying the loot there. Because it will not respawn.

At least thats how I understand it to work atm, I could be wrong.

Pretty much correct :)

Though it biases the respawn to buildings not often looted

Hellsome    0

From what I have now observed I can definitely say that respawns biasing buildings that are not often looted may very well be true. Our group, the NFC, has recently set up a base of operation on the very outskirts of a town. The building we chose is very out of the way and seems to be in a part of town that is rarely looted. While scavenging and stocking up on gear in this base camp, we have seen many items randomly spawn in the house. On the same note, it seems when these items do respawn in the house, any loose items like lamps, ammo, clothing, etc. have a chance of being "replaced" by these respawning items. This does not seem to be true for backpacks and weapons however. If you guys can confirm that any of this is true, please do inform us.

That's why Fire-stations are not giving good loot anymore. Every Fire-station I've seen have tons and tons of random items stashed in there, in the majority of them it's the Fire-Fighters-Thingy-That-I-Forgot-The-Name. Its kinda of ridiculous.