Burgz

'Don't log in to join a firefight'

do u know son?!?!  

22 members have voted

1. 1. do u know son?!?!

• i don't
    • i think I do (post below)

Burgz    6

I think this rule needs to be clarified, anyone else? If not clarified, then removed because to be honest, there are very, very slim chances of there being any way to properly enforce this and monitor it.

If you're a community member and you think you know the limitations of this rule, then please post below. If you don't then vote on the poll, thanks.

Multiple different, preferably higher up, staff members opinions are also wanted.

Mikachu    26

Seems obvious to me.

If your clan is in a firefight and you log on to go join in then it's not ok.

Easy to check via logs

It's not hard to understand, if you are not in the server at the moment your clan gains KOS rights on another clan or person, you are not allowed to join that firefight and shouldn't gain KoS rights for that firefight.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Whyyy is that not okay?..

Wait there's a rule on this?

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

It happens all the time though, is this rule even enforced ?

Burgz    6

-snip-

Yeah, that's what I thought.

You can't shoot them, even if shot at.

You can't go to the area until the fight is over, and even then it's tricky.

You don't gain KOS unless you initiate or are initiated on, regardless of meeting clan in game, finding dead bodies.

You don't think it should be explained any further? It is literally one line.

And the admins just check all the logs, all the time? Cross-referencing with rough initiation times, when the person logged on etc. etc.

The only way for it to be known is:

1. Admin is online and witnesses it.

2. You're watching the player list, recording. You are shot, kill the guy and it turns out that it was one of the people who logged on late.

It happens all the time though, is this rule even enforced ?

Precisely.

There is no indication of when this 'joining to pursue a firefight' actually ends. All of the information I have, is because I exhausted the rule. Nobody else would be aware of these things and from responses, they aren't.

Thumper    0

-snip-

You don't gain KOS unless you initiate or are initiated on, regardless of meeting clan in game, finding dead bodies.

Didn't you all do this to SVR/SOBR in my last firefight with CRA? We initiate on 4 CRA and like 13 guys log on? Why the change of heart now?

Burgz    6

Didn't you all do this to SVR/SOBR in my last firefight with CRA? We initiate on 4 CRA and like 13 guys log on? Why the change of heart now?

lol.

don't play the innocent one here xD

This shit happened in every single fire-fight we had with your alliance. And what change of heart? I don't think the rule should be there, as it's just too complicated to enforce.

Wunsleh    10

-snip-

13 is kinda a low number tbh :troll:

Thumper    0

lol.

This shit happened in every single fire-fight we had with your alliance. And what change of heart? I don't think the rule should be there, as it's just too complicated to enforce.

Ive never done this personally. And I think it SHOULD be enforced to the point of permabanning all that continue to do it.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

lol.

Ive never done this personally. And I think it SHOULD be enforced to the point of permabanning all that continue to do it.

Bit extreme there m8, everyone does this and I think every group that frequently firefighted is guilty of this.

Oldman    22

What do you mean?? Log in the area? Log in somewhere else and come as backup after receiving legit information about it?

Thumper    0

What do you mean?? Log in the area? Log in somewhere else and come as backup after receiving legit information about it?

Yes, in the area..not 1000m to 1500m away.

Burgz    6

You cannot log in and join the firefight. Period.

It's not mentioned in the rules though, that's what I find confusing and therefore want it fully and properly clarified.

Fozzy    2

13 is kinda a low number tbh :troll:

What's that supposed to mean?

Thumper    0

You cannot log in and join the firefight. Period.

It's not mentioned in the rules though, that's what I find confusing and therefore want it fully and properly clarified.

Let me clarify.

Our last firefight, the logging in was all legit, everyone of your guys was over 1000m+ when they logged on..Im fine with that. But people shouldnt ever log in fdirectly in the area just to join.

Oldman    22

If you log in to play the clan has kos on you so you should have it on them to. As long as you don't ghost in. Ghosting is forbidden. I think the distance on ghosting should be larger. I was suggesting 2000meters.

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

Seems obvious to me.

If your clan is in a firefight and you log on to go join in then it's not ok.

Easy to check via logs

But gear?

Sheen    0

New member here, so feel free to take what I say with a grain of salt. But with my objective eyes, I can see many reasons, both RP and OOC, why players should be able to log on and join their clan's battle. After reading this thread, I don't feel like any of the arguments made to the contrary make sense.

Maybe I don't get it yet, but why couldn't said clans radio their members for help? They still have to log on and, assuming they aren't nearby, get to the location of the fight, which could be over by the time they get there. It seems like the main argument in favor of this rule is because it makes certain fights too hard to win. But truthfully, would your characters pick such a fight in the first place, knowing they're going to be outnumbered? Only seems to me like some people got what they asked for and were subsequently mad about it.

To me, this rule seems counterproductive to the core of Day Z RP, which is to encourage group play. I say don't pick fights unless you're prepared to accept the consequences, or figure out a different way to beat them, knowing they are going to call reinforcements. As a new player, I would like to see some further explanation as to why this rule exists, considering the rest of the PVP rules that are in place that allow players (and their characters) the chance to avoid this kind of situation.

Hope this perspective doesn't make me some enemies right off the bat, but there's my two cents. Please clue me in if there is a different reason that I'm simply not aware of due to my inexperience with the game mechanics.

TL;DR: Rule needs clarification as to why it exists.

MadeInsane    11

When ever people log out they generally say they're going to go and "sleep", now if a clan were to get initiated on and there is an ensuing firefight, they would call all of their able members to get off their lazy rear ends and help out, perhaps the rule should state that if you log in to join a firefight, you need to wait at least 25 minutes before heading toward the area, this would simulate reinforcements and also give the other side a fair chance to get things done and dusted with.

I agree with oldman that the distance should be 2 km. But its kind of lame how like 3 members of a group are playing and get initiated on, then suddenly 5 more log in..

But what if you dont look at the player list? You won't see how many are online, so you'll always be on your guard, instead of "Oh we have killed 2 and have 1 hostage and there were only 3 in the player list", which is usually followed by "Oh, there are a few members of theirs logging in, we need to move!"

Maybe remove the player list? xD I dont see why it should be there, its being heavily used for meta gaming by basically everyone.. And right now I can't think of any good reasons the player list should be there, besides checking if someone combat logs. But that could be fixed by showing players logging out..?

btw i dont understand the poll so i didnt vote

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

I really dont see the point of this rule. Ghosting in is an issue and should be banable, yes, but if you're away from the fight you should be able to log on. RPwise you were sleeping/taking care of other buissiness and now you go to help your men. If my men are fighting in Cherno, and I log on Stary, I dont see why I shouldn't make my way down to help them. I'm a safe distance away, and I'm not "logging for the fight", I'm logging cause I wanna play the game, and my team needs me.

Also, what is "logging for a fight"?

Who's is gonna tell me if I'm logging on for the fight or if I'm logging on and just happen to come across the fight? Hell, why there should even be a rule to tell me why and when I should or shouldn't play the game?

IMO the rule needs to be removed, and just get an updated version of the ghosting rule.

-As mentioned, longer distance, as usually during fights, huge 1k+ flanks happen

-Engaging rules, as there have been a lot of awkward situations Your team knows the fight is on NWAF. You log in NEAF, and see an enemy in front of you. You ghosted, but it was out of your control. Can you shoot him? Do you have to wait for him to shoot, or re-initiate?

Recki    1

Yeah mentioned that aswell, you have one hostage of a group or kill a guy, and suddenly there is like 20 of them online and ready to attack you, even though they werent online before, but ICly you don't know "people logged on" anyways, you always have to think that the people of the group are somewhere around and might be ready to attack you.. But everyone does this and it happens, don't know if it possible to really control that.

Very complicated, but I agree with IcyZ's opinion.

Edit: I like Misty's idea of removing the playerlist!

Oldman    22

If you initiate on SVR when there is 3 online and you do that because you know there is only 3 online you should not complain and bitch if you end up fighting 10+. It would make sense that if you fight a dominant russian group that you are facing more then just a handfull.

Obviously respecting the ghosting rule, wich should be as mentioned before, having a larger distance.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Exactly like Oldman said. Just because the people are the only one you initiate on there and then doesn't mean the rest of the force can't assist the 'squad' that got initiated on.

You should expect to fight a big force if you're gonna initiate on a big group, even if you can only see 3.

It doesn't make a difference. You have to act like your fighting a bigger force, even though there might only be 2 online otherwise it's metagaming.

I do think ghosting should be defined though.